Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Magicchiz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is this a fair way to handle former subscribers?”

• Yes, it is more than fair. Way to go! 9 votes
      69%
    • Yes, it seems appropriate. 4 votes
      31%
    • No, you should do more. 0 votes

(13 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

For those of you who are former subscribers like me, I have worked up a free issue schedule. I purchased the rights to the magazine and related information and would like to compensate those of you would had paid subscriptions as of 10/2010. I have the spreadsheet on hand and everyone whose subscription had not expired will get a free issue regardless if you re-subscribe or not. Certainly if I did not take on this crazy adventure, none of the former subscribers would receive anything, but I want to do what I can you help earn your subscription for the new magazine. Here is the schedule:

Owed 1 issue or more: 1 free issue regardless (1429 individuals)
    Owed 6-11 issues: 2 free issues for re-subscribers (478 individuals)
    Owed 12-17 issues: 4 free issues for re-subscribers (172 individuals)
    Owed 18+ issues: 6 free issues for re-subscribers (128 individuals)

Please do not contact us to find out how many issues you were owed. If you re-subscribe, you will be credited the appropriate number of issues and sent an email to notify you how many free issues you will be getting. Thanks for all the support so far!

New website in development. For now, subscribe here: http://www.thepinballcompany.com/subscribe.aspx

Nic Parks
    Publisher
    (The New) GameRoom Magazine

#2 9 years ago

Seems fair. Thanks Nic.

Jaz

#3 9 years ago

How are you going to update addresses for those of us who moved since 2010?

#4 9 years ago

More than fair. Thank you for doing something.

LTG : )™

#5 9 years ago

Just fill out the form on the website with your new information. If you do not want to re-subscribe and only want your free issue, just don't pay when the invoices go out in June

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for doing this.

(I've totally re-written this part below as I wasn't very clear)

I believe you are saying that anyone who qualifies and wants their "free" issue(s) needs to fill out a subscription form. Is that right?

This covers all scenarios

1) A new people just wants to sign up
    2) A old person wants their "free" issues but doesn't want to sign up. In this case, don't pay invoice
    3) #3 above where old person has new address
    4) An old person who wants their "free" issue but also wants to sign up. In this case, pay the invoice
    5) #4 above with new address

Did I get it right?

#7 9 years ago

I don't mind getting things for free but when Kevin shut the magazine down he gave out the entire digital archive to current subscribers. The archive was worth way more than my subscription.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from pindevil:

I don't mind getting things for free but when Kevin shut the magazine down he gave out the entire digital archive to current subscribers. The archive was worth way more than my subscription.

Some of us already had bought that from him so him giving it out for "free" was worthless to a lot of us. He sold that kind of stuff at shows...

#9 9 years ago

This does sound more than fair for all.

#10 9 years ago

Sounds fair to me. I will sub again and am looking forward to it.

Wick

#11 9 years ago

Nick,
    Did I read that if we purchased pinballs from you. That we would get a free year?
    Magicchiz

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-magazine-former-subscriber-information and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.