(Topic ID: 271140)

Gameroom in the garage - Who does that..

By Viperbsd

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200315_132425_MP (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    image-1 (resized).png
    image-2 (resized).png
    E8A722FC-6EB7-4BF4-92F5-157D5B32A89A (resized).jpeg
    lineup (resized).jpg
    30652D9F-2483-4763-8F7E-27048A11E4AF (resized).jpeg
    hot tub  (resized).png
    61803733-CE22-45F0-B9B4-6BDC048DC897 (resized).jpeg
    20200611_165233 (resized).jpg
    20200408_132053 (resized).jpg
    0C5D8A0B-5B2C-4433-96D0-1F052226736D (resized).jpeg
    ZvAfeNCVTn-EeRSGJgFZ5g (resized).jpg
    7385CA59-1B7F-4A52-A709-6EA3572E4FDD (resized).jpeg
    C73DB314-869C-4F09-B98F-198233A56FEA (resized).jpeg
    A0BBFEFD-5900-4A62-837F-684B8334F82B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viperbsd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Currently I have my pins in my large upstairs den. Since I work from home I enjoy having them in my home office with me, but when it comes to getting one of them up or down stairs it is quite the event.

My staircase has a 90 degree turn 1/2 way up and due to this I have hired movers anytime I need to move one up or down the stairs. The movers have always used a strap system to get them up and down, but I am thinking it might just be easier to convert 1/2 my garage to be a game room as I plan to grow my collection in the coming months.

I am curious to hear from others that have done this and how do they like them being in the garage? Also how do you keep the garage cooled/heated.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

an Escalera might be a good investment if there is enough room to make the turn on the stairs. or set up a pulley system with a winch

I looked into this, but unfortunately there is not enough room with the turn. We did move one upstairs on a normal appliance dolly and it was just able to make the turn.

Might just have to continue as usual and call on my movers whenever needed. I have room or 2 more in the Den, but than I will have to start to branch out to other parts of the house, or garage...

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

I have a similar set up to OP. It really stinks out in California not having basements. Use a 15 foot material is lift every time there’s a switch up. Up and over the balcony railing they go. They used to be 50 bucks per day for a rental. Unfortunately went up to 75 bucks. But it fit in the back of the Honda Pilot So I don’t even need to buy a truck.
    Agree with the above post, the garage just doesn’t seem to be the best place.
    [quoted image]

Well this is interesting... Do you happen to know how wide the feet are ? I do not have an outside upstairs balcony, but if I could get that in through my front door I have 20' ceilings and it would be a breeze to put it up to the top of the stairs as I have a large area up there.

#16 3 years ago

SDpinballer - Ouch - Well at least it is only going to be 3 days late.

This looks like it may be the answer to getting some of my machines up to my office and if I out grow the office (which I will) I can start to put some in the garage.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

I have mine in garage as well. Granted, my garage is a 4-car (2x2 deep). Front half for 2 cars, back half for my games and entertainment.
    Being not too far from you, I know the climate you’re dealing with. The garage gets toasty in the Summer, jacket in the Winter. Spring and Fall perfection. 95% of the time, I’m not flippin’ until at least the later evening because of work and Dadding, so the temps don’t bother me much. In hotter times, I have a 24” round floor standing fan that I use to quickly churn the air between the big garage door and back door prior to hunkering down. Does the trick. In the colder times, I’m comfortable in a long sleeve shirt or flannel. Sometimes even a t-shirt is fine once the ya get moving around.
    This was the area of the house I was granted for my space, either had to adapt or have nothing. Once the kids move on in life, I will slide my way in to a vacated downstairs bedroom. But even then, I like it out here, I probably won’t even move. I can be loud and not bother anyone. Plus enough space for additions. If only we had basements out here like they do back East. Such a rarity here.
    (There was a TZ next to GB, but vacated space waiting for R&M)
    [quoted image]

Wow that looks amazing ! I like how some of these garages are setup, but in my case I only have a 2 car and a single car garage.

As for removing the back box I had thought of doing this, but I would be freaked out to take something like my MMRE apart to move it upstairs and I also wonder if taking it apart would jeopardize the warranty at all.

I am still looking into the idea of the equipment lift as it appears that would work really well, but only until I out grow my home office.

I am impressed with some of these garages that have been transformed into game rooms as they look amazing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viperbsd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-in-the-garage-who-does-that?tu=Viperbsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.