Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MT45
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190611_195320 (resized).jpg
    20190611_195309 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4948 (resized).JPG
    20190610_205401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4949 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

I'm building a dedicated gameroom and will soon be moving 40+ games into it. The floor is 14MM floating laminate. Select Surfaces brand from Sam's Club. Thread is here if curious:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-advice

What are you all using to protect either hardwood or laminate floors?
    I've reviewed all the old threads on this and many of the suggested items are changed or not made any longer.
    I WANT something that slides as it's easier to pull a game out of a row to work on.
    I had the Super Sliders shaped like a cup before and they worked like a charm and had built in double stick tape, but they are now discontinued and prices are through the roof.

As you can see, I've bought a few ... all have major drawbacks:
    Walmart rubber cup does NOT form fit and "hold onto" the feet, it just drops straight off
    It would need 2 faced tape and felt added to the bottom

---

The metal cups with felt on bottom could work with added 2 face tape to hold them on when lifting the game but the cup part is not even round, its square and the foot does not sit in there squarely AND if you add the tape thickness, the sidewalls are now too short and with enough sideways torque, they feet could tear away from the tape and slide onto the bare floor. Ugh.

Anyone solve this seemingly insanely simple problem??
    20190610_205401 (resized).jpg20190610_205401 (resized).jpgIMG_4949 (resized).JPGIMG_4949 (resized).JPGIMG_4948 (resized).JPGIMG_4948 (resized).JPG

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Parzival:

This is what I use - work well
    amazon.com link »

Thanks for the info. Couple of Qs
    Do they slide too much on the floor when playing?
    Are you using these on laminate or hardwood floor?
    Is there adhesive on these? Does it stick well?

Thx

#4 4 years ago

I want to know to. I have tile, dont want machine sliding around while playin to much.

#6 4 years ago

Use the magic sliders like the ones linked
    I a!so hotglued them to bottom of legs because they would come off when I moved my games.
    Got tired of that quickly.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Thanks for the info. Couple of Qs
    Do they slide too much on the floor when playing?
    Are you using these on laminate or hardwood floor?
    Is there adhesive on these? Does it stick well?
    Thx

In my experience, they don't slide much while playing. I use them on a tile floor, and on carpet. Friend uses them on laminate. There is no adhesive, so they do tend to fall off if you lift the game off all four legs.

#8 4 years ago

I got furniture moving wheels on my two back legs and rubber pads on the two front legs. The front rubber make the pin stand still while playing and when I want to rearrange/repair I just need to lift the front slightly and then I can roll the pin around easily (rubber stays firmly on the legs when lifting). No more scratches and dents on the wooden floor.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I got furniture moving wheels (a metal plate with three rotating wheels ) on my two back legs and rubber foots on the two front legs. The front rubber make the pin stand still while playing and when I want to rearrange/repair I just need to lift the front slightly and then I can roll the pin around easily (rubber stays on the legs). No more scratches and dents on the wooden floor.

Cool idea

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

Use the magic sliders like the ones linked
    I a!so hotglued them to bottom of legs because they would come off when I moved my games.
    Got tired of that quickly.

+1 on the sliders and bonus points for the hot glue trick! I'm going to do that next time I shuffling games.

#11 4 years ago

Would love to hear more from Pinsiders with laminate floors who are or have used felt bottom sliders ...
    Thanks to all who have posted so far

#12 4 years ago

Not aesthetically pretty but it works great

Our house is all tile so I bought 3" super sliders and felt pads years ago to move the games around. Overall approx 1/2" in height add. Currently all the machines sit on area rugs but before that I had a couple on the makeshift pads and they worked great.

20190611_195309 (resized).jpg20190611_195309 (resized).jpg20190611_195320 (resized).jpg20190611_195320 (resized).jpg
    #13 4 years ago
    Quoted from TODD969:

Not aesthetically pretty but it works great
    Our house is all tile so I bought 3" super sliders and felt pads years ago to move the games around. Overall approx 1/2" in height add. Currently all the machines sit on area rugs but before that I had a couple on the makeshift pads and they worked great.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah... that's actually what I might end up doing. Find the best "base" I can use as a mounting surface for the felt piece.
    Honestly, if I could find a cup that fit over a standard pinball foot and would not fall off when lifting the machine, I would be golden - just add felt and be done.

#15 4 years ago

It tried those, don't slide well on tile. Nice product though if you're not moving games very often.

#16 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd had not seen those

Quoted from TODD969:

It tried those, don't slide well on tile. Nice product though if you're not moving games very often.

That was my next question ... but I might order a set anyway to test.

#17 4 years ago

I use the carpet sliders on the back legs, and the rubber on the front- this way I can play without sliding the game back and forth, as well as easily pull the game forward with just a light lifting at front when pullong game out for doing repairs.

#18 4 years ago

Following. I currently have Pin Footies on most of my games. I bought a video game that had leg levelers on it with silocone bottoms. That mofo slides great when you need it to, and stays in place while playing too, but our current floor is plastic. Not sure where the previous owner got the levelers but I am trying to find out.

Chris

#19 4 years ago

There are two types of super sliders. Carpet with plastic bottoms and hard floors with felt bottoms. The carpet ones work great, but I guess you’d want the hard wood ones.

1 week later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-floor-protection?hl=7oxford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.