4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lmo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayDee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

I’m not familiar with that software as I use AutoCAD for all my building drawings. But if I need to create an object I draw out the components in plan layout and and convert them to mass objects. This is where you dictate the height or thickness of the components. Then “assemble” the components to form the whole piece. Then I’ll convert the whole assembled piece to a 3D block. It’s not that detailed and rather blocky but it does the trick. It sounds like a lot of work but it’s actually really fast and easy. It’s basically making blocks of different sizes and stacking them up in the correct order and placement.

#4 4 years ago

After looking around out of curiousity I did find some free cad blocks of pinball machines or pool tables. Not shuffleboard though. Problem is that they aren’t always in a standard cad format that your program can open. They seem to be software specific. Look around, you might find something. Good luck

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayDee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-design-pinball-object-for-cad-space-planning?tu=JayDee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.