Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mac622
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BL-2.jpg
    BL-1.jpg
    A-2.jpg
    B-2.jpg
    A-1.jpg
    B-1.jpg
    Base 4.jpg
    Base 1.jpg
    Base 2.jpg
    Base 3.jpg
    IMGP0441.JPG
    IMGP0442.JPG
    IMGP0268.JPG
    IMGP0255.JPG
    IMGP0183.JPG
    GR 13.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Careful...I hear if you pick one of those you can never go back

But you have to admit going back from black to white is a pain in the a...

I'm just starting my own "gameroom ceiling" project and have come to the conclusion that i will install a slightly (2inches) dropped ceiling which will be "glowing" out of the edges.
    Plan is to mount a 2" wooden frame to the ceiling, staying away approx. 10 inches from the edges (= the rooms side walls). A RGB LED strip will be mounted facing the walls along the complete outer rim of the wooden frame. Then drywall will be mounted to the wooden frame, but the edges will be left "open", means the drop ceiling will stay away from the rooms walls by 6". This will produce a "gap" in which a small part of the original ceiling is visible. The light from the LED strips will light up this "gap" and the upper rim of the rooms walls. Recessed LED spots will be mounted in the drop ceiling above the walking area of the gameroom. Think of the whole thing as a "reversed" and RGB LED version of Stretch7's ceiling.

The gameroom walls and outer rim of the ceiling itself will be painted in a very dark grey, the drop ceiling (drywall material) will be painted pitch black.

My ceiling isn't to high by default and i felt this was the best solution that only costs little hight while still getting a cool indirect lighting effect and having a clean, professional look (as opposed to visible LED strips just glued to the walls around the room or likewise).

Hope it will turn out as cool as I imagine it...

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's going to be a fun year finding out

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-ceiling-options?tu=someoneelse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.