Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mac622
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BL-2.jpg
    BL-1.jpg
    A-2.jpg
    B-2.jpg
    A-1.jpg
    B-1.jpg
    Base 4.jpg
    Base 1.jpg
    Base 2.jpg
    Base 3.jpg
    IMGP0441.JPG
    IMGP0442.JPG
    IMGP0268.JPG
    IMGP0255.JPG
    IMGP0183.JPG
    GR 13.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gritty:

I was thinking about going with a snap in drop ceiling but can't decide if I want to go white or black.

If you have standard wood joist system I would go NO drop cieling and paint ceiling black...done it twice and it's great.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from z28dan:

Plus with the exposed rafters, it makes it easier to staple the bras to. (new female visitor initiation)?

Or run cables/wires, neon, more can lights, pull up bar?, speakers etc etc...

Take a look OP...man I need to update that thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-coming-upongoing

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gritty:

I thought about just painting the rafters but I need the sound barrier..

What aboot rigid foam in the joists? Don't know how much sound dampening that has...but don;t know how much a drop does either.

1 week later
    #34 9 years ago
    Quoted from mac622:

Did you paint the high-hats as well or did you mask them off? I was going to put a drop ceiling in but after seeing everyone's flat-black pics I really liking that look instead. I would also have to build a bunch of soffits for the drop ceiling so painting if black would save of bunch of time (and $$) as well.

By High-Hats do you mean the light fixtures? If so unless you're going with an even more industrial look with some matching colors elswhere, you should paint them with the ceiling...I've done it twice that way.

Dude it's just so much easier and cheaper it's unreal. I bought a cheap paint sprayer, and went to the store and said "Give me the cheapest goddamn black paint you have." Takes a few days to paint it depending on size but whatever you do is going to take some time.
    Of course you also have to factor in if you're just doing the ceiling, you're going to have to cover up everything and be careful with the paint getting on things.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from mac622:

Yes - high-hats are the fixtures. It makes sense to pain them too but wanted to hear what you guys have done.
    I'm assuming you guys are also using latex and not enamel or some other oil based paint - correct? I

Yep flat black cheap latex. Had to dilute with water but it sounds like you know more than I with paint guns so that's probably obvious.

3 weeks later
    #49 9 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

Hope it will turn out as cool as I imagine it...

It's going to be a fun year finding out

2 weeks later
    #55 9 years ago

Yep, black is the only way to go

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-ceiling-options?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.