Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 366 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67968AA9-7BB5-4111-A43C-8D34412BF1F3 (resized).png
    IMG_6643 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6511 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6499 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6589 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6583 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6471 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6473 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6467 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6469 (resized).jpg
    3443F605-583C-4870-9A0C-754131EF2167 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6350 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6346 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6352 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6351 (resized).JPG
    There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 5 years ago

Thought I would use the thread where I was asking for advice to give you all updates on the "Pinball Loft Arcade" build!
    If interested, stay tuned here for updates and links to my blog on the progress we are making.
    Below are questions I was asking a few months ago - but now we are well underway on the build so skip the first post and find out what's been done!

Lots of work but going to be worth it
    Token (resized).pngToken (resized).png
    After spending almost 2 years in a temporary house that was already sitting on our ranch property, we are finally beginning our build of the new house
    It will not have a basement for various reasons so I was left to decide to spend significantly more to add my 1,500 sq/ft gameroom as a grade level part of the house OR ... Simply build it above the (large) garage that will already be there.
    So, above the garage it is.

Attached is layout and drawings of the space:
    - 48 feet wide by about 31 feet deep
    - Drawing shows 40 games now - spaced about 6" to 8" apart - could probably squeeze as many as 45 games in there in a pinch
    - (I know they look close together but each PB sample is drawn at a 36" x 60" scale so the examples are larger that a real PB)
    - I will build a small workshop/parts closet in the corner
    - No restroom (dowstairs right at bottom of stairs if needed)
    - Dormer will be 48" wide and will go out to the back of the house onto a shallow deck
    - One thought is to use one corner of that deck with a DIY lift (winch/unistrut/platform)
    - Another thought is to use a version of JoeGrenuk and his "pinball escalator" (tow it up the stairs!)

See Joes awesome work here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-pins-upstairs#post-1862961

My plans so far:
    - Ambient, color changing lighting that will be indirect (I have a complete HUE set) in nature - dedicated switch
    - Bright work lighting that will be very direct (to work on games)- dedicated switch
    - 9 dedicated 20 amp runs so I can run 5 games per circuit
    - Individual "Etekcity" type electrical remotes so each game can be remotely and independently controlled
    - Physical disconnect box so I can pull that lever and completely decouple the games from the electrical grid in the home (lighting)

To make certain "the floor will hold the weight" my builder will employ a structural engineer
    I'm using this math:
    - 45 pinballs and 20 people above garage
    - 45 x 250lbs each = 11,250lbs
    - 20 people x 175 lbs = 3,500lbs
    - Pinballs will be distributed (see image) about 1/3, 1/3, 1/3rd in the room with 2/3rds of them along supporting exterior walls

In prep for all this, I have a series of questions:
    1. How do you get games up there? Alone?
    2. Any conveniences that are a "must have" in your gameroom?
    3. Fooring preference when your upstairs? Does it matter?
    4. Lighting recommendations? Placement, type, etc.
    5. How do you deal with the windows with games in front of them? Blackout? Leave as is?
    6. Paint color schemes (oh boy ... can of worms here!) Light (why?) Dark (why?) Other ...
    7. Electric remote controls you are in love with (Etekcity seems to work well but I'm open to others)
    8. Anyone using a physical electrical disconnect? (needs to disconnect and create a minimum 2" gap between contacts)

And, of course, I welcome any and all thoughts/opinions/warnings/considerations
    Thx guys

GR_loftV3 (resized).JPGGR_loftV3 (resized).JPGIMG_2429 (resized).JPGIMG_2429 (resized).JPGIMG_2430 (resized).JPGIMG_2430 (resized).JPGIMG_2431 (resized).JPGIMG_2431 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

1. How do you get games up there? Alone?

Don't. Get help. Live longer.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

175lb per person? These are pinball people?

You'd better up that mass estimate...

Later,
    EV

PS....for getting pins in and out, get yourself an Escalera

7 months later
    #4 5 years ago

We started here ... cutting the hilltop on our 40+ acre ranch to pour footers on our new home
    Foundation (resized).jpgFoundation (resized).jpg

I got inspiration from you all on Pinside and from rotordave who was kind enough to offer advice and blueprints of his designs
    These are some of the images from "Show us your gameroom" thread that inspired me

IMG_4448 (resized).JPGIMG_4448 (resized).JPG
    #5 5 years ago

We are here now after 5 months. Started in October of 2018

Back of house8 (resized).jpgBack of house8 (resized).jpgFront of house8 (resized).jpgFront of house8 (resized).jpg
    #6 5 years ago

Now onto the juicy stuff ... the Pinball Loft Gameroom!
    Here we see the crane lifting the (over 40 feet long) trusses that are engineered to hold the weight of 50 pinball machines +25 people
    The laminated beams they rest on are enormous and had to be lifted by crane also
    40 feet truss (resized).jpg40 feet truss (resized).jpgSetting lams (resized).jpgSetting lams (resized).jpg

Here's a Youtube video of one of the trusses being set. The engineering to put that many games on a second story over a 5 bay garage required MANY more of them than normal and spacing closer as well

#7 5 years ago

Now fast forward a bit to framing is completed, roof deck is on, roofing is done and it's my turn to step in
    I did all of the wiring in the room except for setting the panel.
    I wrote the electrical diagram on a 3x5 card, then created a more accurate one in Excel
    IMG_3971 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_3971 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_4021 (resized).JPGIMG_4021 (resized).JPGPB_Elect1 (resized).jpgPB_Elect1 (resized).jpg

When you run LEDs almost 200 feet, everything changes ... I have ordered test parts and amplifiers to get ready to the final install
    I'll report back on this later - I added 6 dedicated outlets at ceiling height to accomodate this

Perimeter_LED (resized).JPGPerimeter_LED (resized).JPG

#8 5 years ago

Finally! A picture of the room. It's at night because that's the time I was mostly over there after work laying in over 1,000 feet of 12/2, 14/2 and 14/3 wiring
    Some of these images show outlet placement and dressing. Note the dedicated dual 4 gang switch boxes (all the yellow wires!). These switches run to 8 total dedicated 20 amp circuits with each handling around 6 or 7 machines in total. I can turn the "room on" in banks of 6/7 machines at a time or flip all 8 switches at once to light the whole room up. Running dedicated circuits adds tons of time and much more wire of course because EACH circuit is a "home run" back to the panel and each circuit "only" handles about 3 outlets.
    IMG_3982 (resized).JPGIMG_3982 (resized).JPGIMG_4011 (resized).JPGIMG_4011 (resized).JPGIMG_4012 (resized).JPGIMG_4012 (resized).JPGIMG_4045 (resized).JPGIMG_4045 (resized).JPG

#9 5 years ago

Room is prepped to receive sheetrock. Floor covered in tar paper and all insulation is in
    They insulated the entire house in ONE day!
    IMG_4721-1024x768 (resized).jpgIMG_4721-1024x768 (resized).jpg
    Sheetrock arrived last week and in a day and a half (max) the entire 1,900+ sq/ft was done!
    The area above the garage is about 48 x 40 deep or so, this includes two small storage areas at the back at about 6' wide by 20' long
    So ... the Pinball portion is about 45 x 34 or around 1,500 sq/ft
    IMG_4431 (resized).JPGIMG_4431 (resized).JPGIMG_4434 (resized).JPGIMG_4434 (resized).JPGIMG_4435 (resized).JPGIMG_4435 (resized).JPGIMG_4436 (resized).JPGIMG_4436 (resized).JPGIMG_4855-1024x768 (resized).jpgIMG_4855-1024x768 (resized).jpg

Short video of them stuffing the sheetrock into the house!

IMG_201904162210343-1024x768 (resized).jpgIMG_201904162210343-1024x768 (resized).jpg
    #10 5 years ago

Sheetrock is all up and waiting to be finished. In the meantime, here are some more design details:

I've had to start planning my title layouts - widebody vs standard and head heights, etc.
    Plus ... decide what games should be "featured" as you enter the room

So ... about a month ago, I was searching for "life size action figures" and stumbled on Spidey here
    He is just shy of 8 feet tall and will be one of the first things you see when you enter the room - right next to the SMVE!

Also found a nice condition Rock-ola 488 and filled it with hits from 70s and 80s - that goes in the corner

Title layouts (resized).JPGTitle layouts (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPEGIMG_0059 (resized).JPEGIMG_4229 (resized).JPGIMG_4229 (resized).JPGIMG_4177 (resized).JPGIMG_4177 (resized).JPG
    #11 5 years ago

Wow that looks great!
    Congratz MT45

#12 5 years ago

Some more loft design details to share:

First, the height of the lower part of the garage is 9' + so ... that and the fact that the Pinball room is also 9' high and combined this drove the overall stairwell ceiling deck height waaaay up there. It was so high up we wondered how we would change light bulbs.

Then it dawned on us. Why not cut that ceiling height down, add a sleeping loft - like built in bunk beds?
    Folks can climb up there and sip a glass of wine and chat while others play PB or we can use it as a spare bunk when the house is full!

So that's what we did - it's interesting that I named the Pinball room the "Loft" before the idea was even hatched - funny how things work out

Here's an image of the inspiration. Of course, it wont have the bottom bunk, just the upper
    I built in switches in the upper to shut off lights once you're up there
    I added outlets to charge your phone/tablets
    I added 3 total mini can lights and will probably run some HUE RGBW bulbs in there
    IMG_4009 (resized).JPGIMG_4009 (resized).JPG

Now the picture of how it looks all sheetrocked in. If you bunk in there, you'll find just enough room to sleep toe to toe (it's 11+ feet long) as long as you're not super tall. The bunk area is about 45" deep so you "could sleep" side by side but will need to know each other really well
    IMG_4443_LI (resized).jpgIMG_4443_LI (resized).jpg

#13 5 years ago

Electrical details:

First we have the switch boxes for the 8 dedicated 20 amp circuits that will power the machines
    IMG_4441_LI (resized).jpgIMG_4441_LI (resized).jpg

Now the main supply panel ... 200 amps to run all the machines, lighting, fans, a fridge and the dedicated/zoned HVAC system to keep everyone cool
    IMG_4442_LI (resized).jpgIMG_4442_LI (resized).jpg

Main "light switch" box as you enter - gives control to everything at entry

IMG_4447_LI (resized).jpgIMG_4447_LI (resized).jpg
    #14 5 years ago

Finishes. Probably the hardest thing for any of us to choose, right?
    Originally, the PB room was supposed to be left "out of scope" and out of the budget. I would finish it alone and later

That did not happen.
    Thank goodness

So as we slowly came to the conclusion that it WOULD get completed as the house was done, we needed to shift our thinking
    I was originally going to use the raw Advantech OSB flooring and just paint it - but with Pinballs and such, I abandoned that approach
    The reason was that I began to find very affordable flooring

Sams Club specifically has 14MM laminate flooring WITH foam backer "pre-installed" on each piece for about $1.79 Sq/Ft.
    So I picked a color (Driftwood) and picked it up - the picture is just one pallet because each weighs about 2,000lbs.
    I needed exactly 2 pallets or 132 boxes - too much weight and too big for one load!

IMG_4399 (resized).JPGIMG_4399 (resized).JPGIMG_4402 (resized).JPGIMG_4402 (resized).JPG

Now onto a complimentary paint color and boom - Natural Linen is a nice neutral match AND ... as you know, you won't see much of it in the room to due to the heights of the games

IMG_4359 (resized).JPGIMG_4359 (resized).JPG

#15 5 years ago

Pics of completed sheetrock install. Still needs mud and finishing work but all the sheets are up!

IMG_4457 (resized).JPGIMG_4457 (resized).JPGIMG_4458 (resized).JPGIMG_4458 (resized).JPG
    #16 5 years ago

Supplies for the LED perimeter lighting.

This will be around 200' of 10MM 5050 LED lights at 4 watts per foot power consumption
    To reduce voltage drop and make certain the brightness is even, I'll need to run parallel runs of 32 feet each AND, importantly, I'm using 24 volt stuff. More expensive than 12 volt but necessary.

The LED strip will be mounted about 5" down from the ceiling and in many cases will be the sole light supply while in the room playing games. I've installed a smaller version of this at my previous home and that is how we used the room 90% of the time. As you can see from my previous posts, I've got plenty of regular lighting when it's needed for working on games, etc. (over 20 can lights in the ceiling)

I'll be using 2 of these silver "Meanwell 600 watt" power supplies, 4 of the RF receivers and about a dozen reels of the 24 volt LED strips.
    Each PS will drive a little under a hundred feet of LED lights or about 375 watts - well within the tolerances of the PS
    All of the RF receivers will be linked and will receive signals from a wall mounted RF transmitter (not pictured)

Thinking of using MDF as my wall mounted molding to hold it all - we'll see.
    Plan would be to rip 4" sections from an 8' sheet and use my router to create a 10MM mounting channel. If I go this route, there would be no need to first add a nailer strip like you do when you install crown for this application. Plus the squared off look of the MDF is more appropriate to the room as I do not have/want crown molding anywhere in the house

Details and testing to follow ...
    Unnamed attachment (resized).jpegUnnamed attachment (resized).jpeg

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

5. How do you deal with the windows with games in front of them? Blackout? Leave as is?
    6. Paint color schemes (oh boy ... can of worms here!) Light (why?) Dark (why?) Other ...

Room looks great! I would use room darkening shades on the windows. Eventually, you are probably going to put pins there too, looks that that is your pin "expansion" space (36 is not enough!), drapes may get in the way.
    For paint, I like the dark look, but will it be too dark with LED perimeter lighting? What was the color in your last space?

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Room looks great! I would use room darkening shades on the windows. Eventually, you are probably going to put pins there too, looks that that is your pin "expansion" space (36 is not enough!), drapes may get in the way.
    For paint, I like the dark look, but will it be too dark with LED perimeter lighting? What was the color in your last space?

Great comments all around:

1) Yes, I plan on adding the UV inhibiting (nearly 100% reduction) film to all windows
    2) You guessed it, the windows ARE my expansion space (and the main floor has room for 6+ more)
    3) Last space was also a very light wall tone, with white ceiling. Worked out great there. The floor was medium/dark Acacia hardwoood

All comments and suggestions are appreciated!
    Now is the time to get this right

#19 5 years ago

Now would be a good time to install a whole house surge suppressor in the breaker box!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Now would be a good time to install a whole house surge suppressor in the breaker box![quoted image]

Great idea. I'll get with my electrician as they start to make the panel up

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Great idea. I'll get with my electrician as they start to make the panel up

Forgot to add and FYI in case the electrician doesn't realize it...ideally the suppressor is located at the first 'breaker' spot in the box - closest to the main feed. It needs to be between the feed and all the other breakers. And the grounding wire should be short as possible in order to reduce inductance.

BTW, excellent build and documentation!

#22 5 years ago

Happy Easter everyone! Because it's Easter, I did not get too much done on the build today BUT accomplished at least one critical thing

I had been searching for the perfect barnboards to install on the face of the sleeping loft in the Pinball room

The Home Depot "barnboards in a box" was nice but felt like it might look like a million other homes when done

I really needed 1/2" stock as well because that it how I set the relief on my electrical boxes when I installed them

Then it hit me that cedar fence pickets were 1/2" and cheap and pretty good looking too.

So I checked to see if Home Depot had any that were not pressure treated - boom - they did!

for about $1 per square foot they have #1 grade Incense Cedar fence pickets. They are 6 feet long and to use them for wall decor, you just need to trim the dog ears off to make the ends square.

34A12064-C398-40D4-BB6C-2C505B10954E (resized).jpeg34A12064-C398-40D4-BB6C-2C505B10954E (resized).jpeg

Only problem? NOT kiln dried. In fact, opposite - super, soaking, dripping with water - wet!

So I dropped them in a pile in the pole barn until (today) I could get to them to stack for air drying

Got 'em loaded in the 4 wheeler and off to the barn shed area that we use for hay storage for the horses - I'm temporarily hijacking the back part
    Stacked them up with some 2x4 on end between and added a fan
    IMG_4485 (resized).JPGIMG_4485 (resized).JPGIMG_4487 (resized).JPGIMG_4487 (resized).JPGIMG_4488 (resized).JPGIMG_4488 (resized).JPGIMG_4490 (resized).JPGIMG_4490 (resized).JPG

Look at some of the grain and colors in this wood - it's going to be awesome!
    Skip saw marks in the wood - rough marks, knots and all!
    IMG_4489 (resized).JPGIMG_4489 (resized).JPG

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Look at some of the grain and colors in this wood - it's going to be awesome!
    Skip saw marks in the wood - rough marks, knots and all!

Are you going to stain, weather or leave natural?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Are you going to stain, weather or leave natural?

Great question ... actually looking for suggestions. I'm inclined to stain but only lightly and then seal with a mat finish sealer

See previous posts for floor coloring - any help appreciated

#25 5 years ago

You could age it with steel wool and vinegar - would look pretty good next to your floor, I think. take steel wool and put in a jar, add white vinegar, and let set for a couple of days. Paint it on - more coats for darker. Lots of Youtube videos on it and faux distressed wood treatments. You can mat finish over it if you want a slight sheen.

Or if you want a little more contrast, try a premade gray stain, the gray would pick up the wood tones in your floor, and goes great with linen paint.

vinegar (resized).jpgvinegar (resized).jpg
    #26 5 years ago

Very cool build. Curious what you are going to do about getting games up there.

#27 5 years ago

Very cool space, well done!

#28 5 years ago

Great space- lots of room for tons of pins - where did you get the spidy on the light post?

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

You could age it with steel wool and vinegar - would look pretty good next to your floor, I think. take steel wool and put in a jar, add white vinegar, and let set for a couple of days. Paint it on - more coats for darker. Lots of Youtube videos on it and faux distressed wood treatments. You can mat finish over it if you want a slight sheen.
    Or if you want a little more contrast, try a premade gray stain, the gray would pick up the wood tones in your floor, and goes great with linen paint.
    [quoted image]

A mix up of colors might be nice too.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

[quoted image]

Thanks for all that and the images help a ton. Lots to consider there and a variety of options. The gray does help connect to the floor

Quoted from kcZ:

Very cool build. Curious what you are going to do about getting games up there.

Escalera. I also have a 12' x 10' deck out the back so "if" I needed to add a lift I could add it later

Quoted from zpinman370:

Great space- lots of room for tons of pins - where did you get the spidy on the light post?

Spidey is made by Rubies out of NYC. They were a Marvel licensed limited issue item and hard to find "at a reasonable" price. I've seen them at $5,000 and up but I got this one for much less. That single purchase led to the purchase of my SMVE ... such a disease

Keep the thoughts and feedback coming - all is helpful as we finalize the space

#32 5 years ago

LOL...holy crap...congrats...looks EPIC!

#34 5 years ago

First coat of mud on in the Pinball Loft today.

In addition to mudding the Loft, the sheetrock guys also did the following and in only 6 hours AND with just 3 guys:
    - They hung the entire ceiling and most of the walls of the 1,900 sq/ft garage below the Pinball loft
    - They hung the ceilings of most of the main house (3,500 sq/ft)

Holy moly

IMG_4520 (resized).JPGIMG_4520 (resized).JPG
    #35 5 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

In addition to mudding the Loft, the sheetrock guys also did the following and in only 6 hours AND with just 3 guys:
    - They hung the entire ceiling and most of the walls of the 1,900 sq/ft garage below the Pinball loft
    Holy moly
    [quoted image]

Looks awesome! Yeah, those guys are animals! I’m always amazed how fast they can get shit done and I see it everyday! Can’t wait to see the next phase.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Holy moly
    [quoted image]

We experienced the same thing with 100+ sheets of drywall. Drywall guys showed up around 8:00AM. The wife called said two guys are here. I remember saying "Two guys per room?" Nope, two...period. Fast forward to about 3:30PM - 6 rooms/areas and ceiling done. Couldn't believe it until I saw it. But yup, done. And done well. Another partial day for sanding, etc., and one more partial day for the Spanish lace on the ceiling.

Simply incredible, and very reasonably priced.

#37 5 years ago

Looking great. Following along....

#38 4 years ago

Second coat of mud is on and all the sheetrock in the house is hung as well.

Chris asked me to take a picture of the storage area behind the pinball room. I saw him peaking in there and lingering for a second.
    When I took a look, I knew immediately why ... the HVAC unit looks like Iron Man hanging out in there

IMG_4536 (resized).JPGIMG_4536 (resized).JPGIMG_4537 (resized).JPGIMG_4537 (resized).JPGIMG_4538 (resized).JPGIMG_4538 (resized).JPG
    #39 4 years ago

You have got one kick azz start to a game room.

Here’s a few pictures of the lift/elevator I built to get my games up to my loft game room.

I’m a fabricator, so I built it in less then a day. Nothing to hard if you or a friend have a welder and can do simple framing. You’d have to cut a hole in the floor of the game room floor somewhere and mount the winch in the attic in the game room.

Lots of ways to do this style setup but this is just how I did it. It’s very easy to move pins and slots up and down now.

(I’ll put info with each picture explaining what your seeing, and where it’s at.)

#40 4 years ago

Lift platform on ground floor

9C28A319-4C01-4314-BCC2-E98E26B2C92D (resized).jpeg9C28A319-4C01-4314-BCC2-E98E26B2C92D (resized).jpeg
    #41 4 years ago

Lift platform at second floor height.

I just have a hole cut in the sidewall of the second floor to slide the games into the lift.

You can see the cables coming to all four corners of the platform. The cables feed up through the ceiling into the attic where the winch and cables and pullys are mounted.

16A28C16-5F44-4377-8BDA-41ECB7949AB8 (resized).jpeg16A28C16-5F44-4377-8BDA-41ECB7949AB8 (resized).jpegC0BE4676-2849-498E-94EA-47B5A6433170 (resized).jpegC0BE4676-2849-498E-94EA-47B5A6433170 (resized).jpeg
    #42 4 years ago

From inside loft game room, sliding Deadpool off the lift and into the loft game room.

C8D5F370-C7B5-4F55-AA00-DBC7F562A3C8 (resized).jpegC8D5F370-C7B5-4F55-AA00-DBC7F562A3C8 (resized).jpeg
    #43 4 years ago

Here’s the winch and cables in the attic.
    Just one winch

(harbor freight $165 https://m.harborfreight.com/1300-lbs-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-62853.html )

8 pullys and four cables wrapping around the drum of the winch.

Lifts pins easy, sure beats the heck out of caring them up stairs

5AFD9667-24F3-41F3-9F76-C00A30D6B127 (resized).jpeg5AFD9667-24F3-41F3-9F76-C00A30D6B127 (resized).jpeg
    #44 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Here’s the winch and cables in the attic.
    Just one winch
    (harbor freight $165 https://m.harborfreight.com/1300-lbs-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-62853.html )
    8 pullys and four cables wrapping around the drum of the winch.
    Lifts pins easy, sure beats the heck out of caring them up stairs
    [quoted image]

Awesome job! Thanks for all the pictures. That looks like what I had in mind and if I build it, I've now got a head start
    Thanks again and congrats on finding an effective way to get your games upstairs!

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Lift platform on ground floor
    [quoted image]

Thanks for the pictures, looks really slick.

#46 4 years ago

Great looking area, will be awesome when finished.

#47 4 years ago

Testing wood moisture levels in the pile today. Looking to get the cedar boards to around 8% or so before I move them into the space once the HVAC is up and running. Trying to get as little shrinkage or swelling as possible. I'll be painting the sheetrock dark brown behind the planks to hide any gaps as well.

Out of 18 boards I tested in total, all were under 10% already except for 2 which were in the 15 range.
    For any that remain high when I need them, I'll just set aside as I bought quite a bit extra

IMG_4544 (resized).JPGIMG_4544 (resized).JPG
    #48 4 years ago

Bought some artwork for the room to go with Iron Man and Spider-Man. Like I need more art
    I've got a storage area full of it ready to hang and some new Wonka pieces at the framers - oh well, at least I can pick and choose what to put up

These were very inexpensive and you can still get them at Hobby Lobby. They are lenticular and very well done
    IMG_4545 (resized).JPGIMG_4545 (resized).JPGIMG_4546 (resized).JPGIMG_4546 (resized).JPG

In the "pause time" as I wait for sheetrock to finish, I've been crazy busy on the ranch too
    Today, Chris and I put up another 200 feet of 3 bands of electrobraid fencing to cut one of our 3 acre paddocks down to a smaller 1/2 acre area
    We have a horse that is in rehab and needs to be contained and kept closer to the barn
    IMG_4552 (resized).JPGIMG_4552 (resized).JPGIMG_4556 (resized).JPGIMG_4556 (resized).JPG

This is a temporary setup so I sleeved the 4x4 posts that support the electrobraid.
    When we are done, we can unhook the pins on the terminated ends, slide those 4x4 posts our of the sleeves and insert a "dummy post" that is just the depth of the buried part with a cap on top and put all the parts in the pole barn to deploy later if needed
    We got the holes dug, sleeves cemented in, the endclamps on, the 4x4 stringer post fence guides on and electrical connection made in just 2 hours
    I just tested it and we are getting north of 7,000 volts - should keep the horses off it
    IMG_4553 (resized).JPGIMG_4553 (resized).JPG

Lastly Tami and I took a well deserved break just before dinner and walked back along the trail past my shooting range
    What a beautiful night at around 75 degrees with a little breeze.
    The sun was just beginning to set - what perfect weather

IMG_4560 (resized).JPGIMG_4560 (resized).JPG
    #50 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have a good life.

Amen and no complaints. The ranch work never ends but it’s outdoors and I love it

There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-advice?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.