Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 366 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67968AA9-7BB5-4111-A43C-8D34412BF1F3 (resized).png
    IMG_6643 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6511 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6499 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6589 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6583 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6471 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6473 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6467 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6469 (resized).jpg
    3443F605-583C-4870-9A0C-754131EF2167 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6350 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6346 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6352 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6351 (resized).JPG
    There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 4 years ago

Here's the cleaning boxes. These are the Craftsman stacking, locking and rolling boxes
    Bottom box is: Novus, Meguiars polishing compounds and polishing and buffing pads
    Middle box is: high speed buffing drill, dremel tool and parts
    Top box is: wax, buffing clothes

--
    I can wheel the whole thing right over to the game as needed

IMG_5831 (resized).JPGIMG_5831 (resized).JPGIMG_5832 (resized).JPGIMG_5832 (resized).JPGIMG_5833 (resized).JPGIMG_5833 (resized).JPG
    #302 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Just need to start charging admission to pay for all this work!

I’d pay up. What an awesome space! Absolutely a beautiful home you did

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I’d pay up. What an awesome space! Absolutely a beautiful home you did

Very kind and thanks for the compliments.
    Visiting Pinheads are always free

#304 4 years ago

Got the theater chairs hauled over to the new house, unboxed, carried in and set up

Full trailer load!

Seatcraft chairs with full electric recline, USB chargers built in, LED lighting, power headrests and detachable food trays

IMG_5839 (resized).JPGIMG_5839 (resized).JPGIMG_5840 (resized).JPGIMG_5840 (resized).JPGIMG_5850 (resized).JPGIMG_5850 (resized).JPGIMG_5851 (resized).JPGIMG_5851 (resized).JPG
    #305 4 years ago

Also got the screen unboxed, built and hung AND did the same for the AV cabinet

110" Silver Ticket from Amazon. Built my last one but for the same money, this one is way easier!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PUQPFLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00

The AV cabinet is a Sonorous and probably one of the best and largest you can get for < $1,000
    It has an IR friendly glass face that completely drops down using gas struts at the touch of a button
    It's also low enough that it doesn't drive your center channel speaker into the viewing area of your screen
    Hang a 110" scredn with 9 foot ceilings and then take about 12" of that space as drop down for your can lights and you're only left with about 3 feet to the floor from the bottom of your screen. You cant go much lower without obstructing the view from your back row of seats
    Lots of careful planning!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012UHDSL8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00

Super tired but glad that is all behind me

--

Burned all the trash too

--

Saw this cute scene this morning with our miniature donkey and a rabbit
    IMG_5846 (resized).JPGIMG_5846 (resized).JPGIMG_5847 (resized).JPGIMG_5847 (resized).JPGIMG_5848 (resized).JPGIMG_5848 (resized).JPGIMG_5849 (resized).JPGIMG_5849 (resized).JPGIMG_5852 (resized).JPGIMG_5852 (resized).JPGIMG_5853 (resized).JPGIMG_5853 (resized).JPGIMG_5843 (resized).JPGIMG_5843 (resized).JPG

#306 4 years ago

Moved, unboxed and setup the rest of the theater speakers.
    Mythos Ones and of course my pair of SVS PB12+
    Center is a Mythos 10

--
    Also have a nice Marantz integrated and an SACD player ... might set up my 2 channel in here too - it's fronted by a JA Michell Gyrodec SE
    Moved the popcorn machine too

And ... it's hot as blazes here today!!

IMG_5860 (resized).JPGIMG_5860 (resized).JPGIMG_5863 (resized).JPGIMG_5863 (resized).JPGIMG_5864 (resized).JPGIMG_5864 (resized).JPGIMG_5865 (resized).JPGIMG_5865 (resized).JPG
    #307 4 years ago

Got my wifes poplar live edge shelves stained and sealed.
    Finished the day with a run to tractor supply for some horse feed.
    Had to walk by the minis to put the feed away and of course, they want attention

IMG_5861 (resized).JPGIMG_5861 (resized).JPGIMG_5862 (resized).JPGIMG_5862 (resized).JPGIMG_5872 (resized).JPGIMG_5872 (resized).JPGIMG_5873 (resized).JPGIMG_5873 (resized).JPG
    #308 4 years ago

PJ arrived today. Epson 4000
    Picked up the mount at the local Best Buy.
    Pretty straightforward install because I had installed a double thick plywood mounting plate before we sheet rocked
    I just had to drill some 3/16" pilot holes for the big lag screws that came with the mount
    Overall pretty easy job tonight considering I had to mend one of our 4 board fences before I even started

IMG_4411 (resized).JPGIMG_4411 (resized).JPGIMG_5894 (resized).JPGIMG_5894 (resized).JPGIMG_5895 (resized).JPGIMG_5895 (resized).JPGIMG_5896 (resized).JPGIMG_5896 (resized).JPG
    #309 4 years ago

Decided to setup my 2 channel rig in the theater. Glad I did as it sounds great!
    - JA Michell Gyrodec SE
    - Origin Live tonearm
    - Clearaudio cartridge
    - AES tube phono pre
    - Marantz pre-amp
    - Monarchy SE-100 mono amps
    - Handmade (yours truly) copper sheathed speaker cables
    - Mordaunt Short Performance 880 speakers
    IMG_5996 (resized).JPGIMG_5996 (resized).JPGIMG_5995 (resized).JPGIMG_5995 (resized).JPG

#310 4 years ago

The Mitchell Gyrodec is the all time coolest looking turntable every made! Nice setup!

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

The Mitchell Gyrodec is the all time coolest looking turntable every made! Nice setup!

Agreed and thanks. It backs up those looks with a pretty good sound when properly tuned.

3 weeks later
    #312 4 years ago

A few updates since I last posted.

One of which was my search for a mirror for the restroom. I couldn't find a pinball related one so I set out to build one
    The idea was to buy a translite where a segment of it could be cut out to expose a mirror behind it.

While researching potential translite, I stumbled on a perfect one - Scared Stiff!

After all, it's really 2 parts and if I just used the front, the unpainted area would be perfect for my mirror.

Here's what I did:

- Bought 3" poplar stock from Home Depot
    - Bought a repro Scared Stiff translite
    - Ordered a acrylic mirror in 27" x 18 7/8" size from Acrylite
    - Dropped by Hobby Lobby and cut a piece of non-reflective museum glass the same size ($75)
    - Routed a round over outside edge
    - Routed a 1/2" rabbet inside for the glass, mirror, translite and backer board
    - Cut the routed poplar to length
    - Glued it all up and used my air nailer to tack the corners
    - Spray painted it bright red
    - Added metal corner bracing
    - Added a French cleat for mounting
    - Popped in the glass, translite, then mirror followed by the cardboard backer
    - Tacked on the acker board with my Logan brand picture frame point driver (best $40 tool ever)
    - Hung it!

I like the look and like that you can use it as a mirror and its pinball related!

I've included a few shots to show the reflectivness and clarity. The mirror I got from Acrylite is absolutely perfect, the reflection however is influenced by the fact that the "blank" areas of the Scared Stiff translite have "dots/pattern" on them as part of how they are printed. I could use a exacto knife and trim that all out but I'm not particularly bothered by it

Overall ... pleased with the project

IMG_6142 (resized).JPGIMG_6142 (resized).JPGIMG_6121 (resized).JPGIMG_6121 (resized).JPGIMG_6122 (resized).JPGIMG_6122 (resized).JPGIMG_6130 (resized).JPGIMG_6130 (resized).JPGIMG_6131 (resized).JPGIMG_6131 (resized).JPGIMG_6132 (resized).JPGIMG_6132 (resized).JPGIMG_6134 (resized).JPGIMG_6134 (resized).JPGIMG_6135 (resized).JPGIMG_6135 (resized).JPGIMG_6137 (resized).JPGIMG_6137 (resized).JPGIMG_6139 (resized).JPGIMG_6139 (resized).JPGIMG_6141 (resized).JPGIMG_6141 (resized).JPG
    #313 4 years ago

Added this carousel horse to the WOZ corner. Horse of a different color ...
    IMG_6107 (resized).JPGIMG_6107 (resized).JPG

#314 4 years ago

Finally set up my Celestron Nexstar 8se. Eager for cooler weather to test on back deck!

IMG_6143 (resized).JPGIMG_6143 (resized).JPG
    #315 4 years ago

Last update for tonight... mounted the "Arcade" sign my daughter gave me for my birthday. Left the bulbs out because they were "hospital bright white". Am now on the hunt for some red or warm whites. Cool sign though.
    -
    -
    Below that you can see the Tiki Toss ring-on-a-string game. Super easy to set up, cheap to buy on Amazon (under $15) and just plain addicting to play!

IMG_6144 (resized).JPGIMG_6144 (resized).JPG
    #316 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Last update for tonight... mounted the "Arcade" sign my daughter gave me for my birthday. Left the bulbs out because they were "hospital bright white". Am now on the hunt for some red or warm whites. Cool sign though.
    -
    -
    Below that you can see the Tiki Toss ring-on-a-string game. Super easy to set up, cheap to buy on Amazon (under $15) and just plain addicting to play![quoted image]

I bought that same sign 2/3 years ago. Love it but I had the same issue with the cool white lights. I tried to find some warm whites back then but was unsuccessful. If you come across any that work, I'd love to know about it! Awesome room/space/land/everything by the way!

#317 4 years ago

I visited Tim and this Mecca of a game room last weekend. It is an envy-inducing work of art.

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I visited Tim and this Mecca of a game room last weekend. It is an envy-inducing work of art.

Too kind. Was great to see you and had fun building the lift too!

Thanks for the parts. Got it finished up today. Pic below

BTW, this tool works great for other minor type work surrounding pinball legs
    Actually talking about using just the jack without the rounded lift box for:

- adding leg protectors
    - adding pingulps
    - changing out leg bolts
    - leveling the machine (reccomend only front)
    - anything that's quick where you wouldn't be under the machine

I just used it to add 12 pingulps in just a few minutes

Anyone interested in building their own should check this post out earlier in this same thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-advice/page/2#post-5057841

And here's a video of mine in action

IMG_6151 (resized).JPGIMG_6151 (resized).JPG

#319 4 years ago

Just passed thru this thread tonight. Absolutely magnificent work sir! You must be very proud on what you accomplished. I love that WOZ corner you got going there. Hope you enjoy it all now it’s all together.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Just passed thru this thread tonight. Absolutely magnificent work sir! You must be very proud on what you accomplished. I love that WOZ corner you got going there. Hope you enjoy it all now it’s all together.

Hey! Glad you enjoyed the thread. Thanks so much for the kind words too.
    I really enjoyed the design and build ... WOZ is a special pin and deserves the focus and space.

Finally getting to play a few games as we are now moved in

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

-
    -
    Below that you can see the Tiki Toss ring-on-a-string game. Super easy to set up, cheap to buy on Amazon (under $15) and just plain addicting to play![quoted image]

Is it possible to add some colour lighting gels to the underside of the light to warm it up rather than finding different LED’s?

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Is it possible to add some colour lighting gels to the underside of the light to warm it up rather than finding different LED’s?

Wish that would work but the bulbs are 100% exposed to the eye

1 week later
    #323 4 years ago

I've had a few friends over after the build and it became apparent that I needed places for people to put their drinks.

I already had about a dozen Pingulps from the good folks at Pinball Life but clearly that wasn't going to cut it - sent Terry an email and quickly ordered 26 more

I always order the "right side" mounting option, but then mount them to the left side of the coin door. This puts it in front of the machine instead of to the side. I've want that room on each side to service games.

Well the box arrived yesterday and I just had time tonight after picking up a horse trailer to "put a few on" .... then i decided to make a bit of sport out of it
    How long would it take to get them all on using my new gadget,, the pinball lift?

SEE for yourself and that elapsed time was slowed significantly by my darned Houdini that has non-standard bolt heads!

One drill to raise and lower the Jack and one to remove and replace the leg bolts
    IMG_6231 (resized).JPGIMG_6231 (resized).JPGIMG_6228 (resized).JPGIMG_6228 (resized).JPGIMG_6229 (resized).JPGIMG_6229 (resized).JPGIMG_6230 (resized).JPGIMG_6230 (resized).JPGIMG_6239 (resized).JPGIMG_6239 (resized).JPGIMG_6240 (resized).JPGIMG_6240 (resized).JPG

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Last update for tonight... mounted the "Arcade" sign my daughter gave me for my birthday. Left the bulbs out because they were "hospital bright white". Am now on the hunt for some red or warm whites.

Yeah, those bulbs suck. Also, I’m jealous of your telescope. I’ve been putting off pulling the trigger on that same one for awhile now. Currently I have a nice computerized refractor.

08A369B3-A5E7-4672-A52E-3A1C6D858B51 (resized).jpeg08A369B3-A5E7-4672-A52E-3A1C6D858B51 (resized).jpeg
    #325 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Yeah, those bulbs suck. Also, I’m jealous of your telescope. I’ve been putting off pulling the trigger on that same one for awhile now. Currently I have a nice computerized refractor.[quoted image]

I did the same for almost a year. Fussed at myself about how expensive it was (it is) and how little it would be used (it is) but when I do use it, it's amazing.

I'm close on solving the bulb issue and will report back soon!

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:I've had a few friends over after the build and it became apparent that I needed places for people to put their drinks.
    I already had about a dozen Pingulps from the good folks at Pinball Life but clearly that wasn't going to cut it - sent Terry an email and quickly ordered 26 more
    I always order the "right side" mounting option, but then mount them to the left side of the coin door. This puts it in front of the machine instead of to the side. I've want that room on each side to service games.
    Well the box arrived yesterday and I just had time tonight after picking up a horse trailer to "put a few on" .... then i decided to make a bit of sport out of it
    How long would it take to get them all on using my new gadget,, the pinball lift?
    SEE for yourself and that elapsed time was slowed significantly by my darned Houdini that has non-standard bolt heads!
    One drill to raise and lower the Jack and one to remove and replace the leg bolts
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why didn't you just get the removeable Pincups?

#327 4 years ago

whole project and space looks amazing!

congrats again on reaching this life goal of yours!

enjoy it!

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I’ve got these ones. No problem so far.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Magnetics-Magnetic-Organizer-Screwdrivers/dp/B00NAM2F4O/ref=mp_s_a_1_5

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great product, simply the price when buying so many

Quoted from Whysnow:

whole project and space looks amazing!
    congrats again on reaching this life goal of yours!
    enjoy it!

Thx. I am!

Quoted from Murphdom:

I’ve got these ones. No problem so far.
    amazon.com link »

Those are a great solution! Especially for fast removal. I wanted mine to be bolted on as I can’t afford spills on a laminate floor. Wondering also if these could be ordered without that logo?

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Wondering also if these could be ordered without that logo?

The logo is screen printed on. I used adhesive remover to remove the logo because I happen to have it on hand. I would suspect any paint thinner/lacquer or even nail polish remover would take it off. They can hold a lot of weight.
    06998038-F92F-413D-B9E7-80FE99EFD568 (resized).jpeg06998038-F92F-413D-B9E7-80FE99EFD568 (resized).jpeg

#331 4 years ago

Was at Tim’s place the other night. Had to show this off on new GoT code. I have not played the premium much and think I might like it better than my pro. Might need to upgrade some day.

C1096210-8D8D-4BDD-8D4D-855AD387A2C9 (resized).jpegC1096210-8D8D-4BDD-8D4D-855AD387A2C9 (resized).jpeg
    #332 4 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Was at Tim’s place the other night. Had to show this off on new GoT code. I have not played the premium much and think I might like it better than my pro. Might need to upgrade some day.[quoted image]

Killer game and score. Especially since you are used to the pro. Watched in awe!

#333 4 years ago

Impressive!!

#334 4 years ago

I bought one of those Pepsi reproduction street lights, similar to your arcade light with the battery powered LED bulbs. I ended up purchasing incandescent bulbs and sockets and completely rewired the sign to be able to utilize the incandescent bulbs. So much better now and actually usable and pleasing to look at. Just a suggestion for thought .

1 week later
    #335 4 years ago

A few improvements since my last post.
    - added a BabyDan Guard Me gate at the bottom of the stairs to keep the dogs out. Love that it's a one handed operation and folds out of the way
    - added a snack section too. Walmart containers. You can open them one handed but they seal nearly air-tight. Dixie 3oz sample cups that come in their own dispenser. Added an 88 cent Walmart scoop to keep it sanitary.

Peanut butter pretzel nuggets
    Smarties
    DumDums
    Paydays
    Snickers
    Trail mix
    Skittles
    Runts
    M&M peanut
    IMG_6346 (resized).JPGIMG_6346 (resized).JPGIMG_6350 (resized).JPGIMG_6350 (resized).JPGIMG_6351 (resized).JPGIMG_6351 (resized).JPGIMG_6352 (resized).JPGIMG_6352 (resized).JPG

#336 4 years ago

Gate will also help keep the dogs out of the snacks. LOL

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Gate will also help keep the dogs out of the snacks also. LOL

Bonus!

Sure miss AZ. Was there in 94-95 and fell in love with it. Cave Creek is beautiful

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Bonus!
    Sure miss AZ. Was there in 94-95 and fell in love with it. Cave Creek is beautiful

Agreed! over 20 years ago, lots has changed since then. It is still great place to live, we just need a beach. lol

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Agreed! over 20 years ago, lots has changed since then. It is still great place to live, we just need a beach. lol

Dave's Cave Creek Chili Beer still around?

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from Homebru:

Dave's Cave Creek Chili Beer still around?

Yes, I believe so. I bought a 6 pack a few years ago.

1 week later
    #341 4 years ago

Iron Man arrived to keep Spider-Man company. Made exclusively by Rubies. Really nice sculpt and about 6 1/2 feet tall. The eyes, chest and hand light up and are battery operated. I will probably add some red LED strips to the back for highlights.

3443F605-583C-4870-9A0C-754131EF2167 (resized).jpeg3443F605-583C-4870-9A0C-754131EF2167 (resized).jpeg
    #342 4 years ago

Moved Iron Man VE pin nextvto Spiderman
    Here are a few more shots of the Rubies Iron Man statue

IMG_6467 (resized).jpgIMG_6467 (resized).jpgIMG_6469 (resized).jpgIMG_6469 (resized).jpgIMG_6471 (resized).jpgIMG_6471 (resized).jpgIMG_6473 (resized).jpgIMG_6473 (resized).jpg
    #343 4 years ago

Looks good! Did you ever find a solution to those shitty bright white light bulbs that came with those signs we have? (You-arcade, me-craft beer)

#344 4 years ago

I like the carpet on the stairs. Would you know what make and style that is?

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Yes the carpet is really cool and a great game room. The other flooring at bottom of stairs - meh its kind of fugly hope its not permanent

#346 4 years ago

Dude, can I come live with you? I can cook, clean, do the laundry, home maintenance/repair, walk the dog, etc.

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Looks good! Did you ever find a solution to those shitty bright white light bulbs that came with those signs we have? (You-arcade, me-craft beer)

Still working on it ... first batch of bulbs still too "hospital white"

Quoted from dos_reboot:

Wish I could remember. The invoice only says Athea Color Design. We bought it here locally, website below
    Feel free to email pic from this thread. I'll bet they will know right away. We did the stairs, theater and massage rooms in it
    https://www.davidsabbeycarpet.com/

Quoted from zpinman370:

Yes the carpet is really cool and a great game room. The other flooring at bottom of stairs - meh its kind of fugly hope its not permanent

Thanks and the stuff at bottom is actually tile (very permanent!). That "farmhouse stencil print" style is hugely popular here in the states right now.
    FWIW I absolutely love it and think it goes so well with the white cabinets surrounding it. Totally get that it might not be your cup of tea though

Quoted from ctviss:

Dude, can I come live with you? I can cook, clean, do the laundry, home maintenance/repair, walk the dog, etc.

Just need to add "can handle 8 horses and run a tractor" and you're in!

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Very cool and nice job too! I know that Pinnovators makes a mixer that you can use up to 4 machines on one sub - your setup looks similar but I believe has up to 8 channels. I have one of the Pinnovators units that I have tried and it most certainly works (and I have used it) but when all games are on, it's hard to distinguish individual bass lines. To be honest, with all the other noise it's hard to tell anyway
    http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58

Now you've got me thinking about exactly "how" I will handle my subs ... I have 6 Polks on hand and will be needing to buy at least 6 more for the new room.
    Hmmmmmm ... you're right, I better figure this out

Thank you sir!

Updated link as we launched our new site on 11/1: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer?_pos=1&_sid=651baecd6&_ss=r

Use this code YDH69A53QCH8 at checkout for for 5% off your first order at our new site. Valid until 2:00 pm EST Nov 6.

1 week later
    #350 4 years ago

Couple of new additions to the Loft

- Stern Batman banner
    - Necca Stay-Puft

IMG_6583 (resized).jpgIMG_6583 (resized).jpgIMG_6589 (resized).jpgIMG_6589 (resized).jpg
    There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-advice/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.