Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 366 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67968AA9-7BB5-4111-A43C-8D34412BF1F3 (resized).png
    IMG_6643 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6511 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6499 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6589 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6583 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6471 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6473 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6467 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6469 (resized).jpg
    3443F605-583C-4870-9A0C-754131EF2167 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6350 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6346 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6352 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6351 (resized).JPG
    There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Yup. We camped out there last night. [quoted image]

How do you NOT fall out of that at night....and if you did.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How do you NOT fall out of that at night....and if you did.

I actually thought about that BUT ... then I asked myself how many times I've fallen out of bed in the last 20 years or so?
    Answer was 0, so I'm counting on that remaining so!

Got some more done today
    Framed and hung my Simpsons donut.
    It's a styrofoam and paint donut made for and displayed at the Kwik e Mart store that was on Universal Studios property
    It's a cool prop (8" around!) and was on display at the checkout to encourage donut sales.

--
    20190803_214545 (resized).jpg20190803_214545 (resized).jpg

#253 4 years ago

Got my fridge out of the box and temporarily set up in the bathroom
    Also wired in the ceiling light

--
    IMG_5713 (resized).JPGIMG_5713 (resized).JPG

#254 4 years ago

Got my new rolling toolbox setup too.

Northern Tool rolling cart with Dewalt TSTACK drawers
    Had to build up the base of the cart with a simple plywood stand in order to open the bottom drawer

This setup makes it super easy to roll it right to the game and have everything right there to work on it
    I'll add an extension cord to it as well so I can solder from the cart too

--

IMG_5716 (resized).JPGIMG_5716 (resized).JPGIMG_5717 (resized).JPGIMG_5717 (resized).JPGIMG_5718 (resized).JPGIMG_5718 (resized).JPGIMG_5719 (resized).JPGIMG_5719 (resized).JPGIMG_5720 (resized).JPGIMG_5720 (resized).JPGIMG_5721 (resized).JPGIMG_5721 (resized).JPG
    #255 4 years ago

Super tired but finally got the furniture up there!

--

IMG_5715 (resized).JPGIMG_5715 (resized).JPG
    #256 4 years ago

I hope you will be spending many hours enjoying your new spaces. Nice to have all those pins and they are not crammed together.
    Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing.

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

I hope you will be spending many hours enjoying your new spaces. Nice to have all those pins and they are not crammed together.
    Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man! It is and the extra space around them is soooooo nice when I have to work on one

#258 4 years ago

More progress today ... got rest of craftsman style furniture up there (pics tomorrow)
    Set up the Hypnocube on one end table.
    Also got my stuff from Andy's Mom and Dad ... if you remember or knew Andy, you'll know we lost a special guy at just 38 years old last October

The book I wrote about him is sitting on the table along with his treasured Oakleys
    His Scally Cap is hanging on my acoustic guitar (Andy was a guitar player too)

Link to the digital version of the book if you are interested

https://thepinballloft.com/andy-part-2/

Hung up my wifes signed Houdini flyer from Joe Balcer
    --
    Got all my Viewmasters set up for guest to check out if they're so inclined
    Also put out my Ghostbusters Funko Pops and wifes custom painted (by Dirty Donnie) Sparky
    IMG_5725 (resized).JPGIMG_5725 (resized).JPGIMG_5731 (resized).JPGIMG_5731 (resized).JPGIMG_5732 (resized).JPGIMG_5732 (resized).JPGIMG_5728 (resized).JPGIMG_5728 (resized).JPGIMG_5730 (resized).JPGIMG_5730 (resized).JPG

#259 4 years ago

Great job MT! Your room's design and execution is flawless. I hope you & your family get many years of enjoyment out of it!!!

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Great job MT! Your room's design and execution is flawless. I hope you & your family get many years of enjoyment out of it!!!

Thanks ... very kind and I sure hope to enjoy it!

#261 4 years ago

Hi from UK,

This is Incredible

Congratulations!

#262 4 years ago

Very very nice sir. Will there be any arcades as well?

#263 4 years ago

Very neat job, congrats!

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi from UK,
    This is Incredible
    Congratulations!

Thx!

Quoted from HarrieD:

Very very nice sir. Will there be any arcades as well?

Plan is for one ... Big Buck Hunter HD

Quoted from Peanuts:

Very neat job, congrats!

Thx!

#265 4 years ago

Picture of the new craftsman style furniture I promised.
    New to the Loft, but had this set in our summer home a few years ago. Still love it

IMG_5754 (resized).JPGIMG_5754 (resized).JPG
    #266 4 years ago

Just finished around 10:00 PM here tonight but I got the Dolby Atmos channels installed in the theater below the Loft

RogerSound Labs C34e in ceiling

Link
    https://hometheaterreview.com/rsl-c34e-in-ceiling-speaker-reviewed/

Super easy to install and I had already run the wires before sheetrocking. With good pics beforehand and great measurements, when I cut the holes ... sure enough, the coil of speaker wire was right where I left it!

Tight fit as the RSLs are a 10" hole between 16" on center trusses ... you carpenters out there know that this only leaves about 13 1/2" as a mounting space. Measure 3x cut once!

IMG_5739 (resized).JPGIMG_5739 (resized).JPGIMG_5740 (resized).JPGIMG_5740 (resized).JPGIMG_5741 (resized).JPGIMG_5741 (resized).JPGIMG_5747 (resized).JPGIMG_5747 (resized).JPGIMG_5742 (resized).JPGIMG_5742 (resized).JPGIMG_5753 (resized).JPGIMG_5753 (resized).JPG
    #267 4 years ago

Again, this place is amazing. This is quite an accomplishment, congratulations and looking forward to hopefully meeting you someday, at the very least to say thanks for such and entertaining ride this thread has been to enjoy!

#269 4 years ago

Again my compliments to you on such fantastic work. What an amazing space you’ve created. Seeing those view master reels really took me back to

#270 4 years ago

You mad person Great work, i'll show the wife!

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Finally resolved the challenge I had to protect my new floor. It literally took 3 months of on and off of researching and asking for advice but at long last I think I've got the best solution for me. The below thread was my ask here on Pinside for help:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-floor-protection
    Here is what I'm going with:
    New leg leveler feet where the old ones might need replacing
    https://www.pinballlife.com/heavy-duty-leg-leveler-with-nut.html
    Under the leg leveler, adding the wonderful casters from Pinball Life
    These stay attached to the leveler even if you pick up the game - a huge win
    https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-leg-leveler-casters-set-of-4.html
    Under those, a great product I purchased from Amazon. It's got EVA foam on one side and felt on the other
    They work felt side down to protect the new floor and the EVA foam (although there is no adhesive) "sticks" to the Pinball Life silicone casters
    They are just a smidge smaller in diameter than the Pinball Life casters but they work great (see pics)
    amazon.com link »
    On the hardwood floors where I've tested this set up, I can easily pull a game away from the wall with minimal effort AND the games stay put when playing
    I'm super pleased with the results!
    Pics of the silicone casters from Pinball Life sitting on the counter (all 180 of them!)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

great idea.....i have felt pads under my legs and they always come off and get glue residue on the marble floor.

#272 4 years ago

Super Cool....Awesome Job...Everyone who reads this thread will be jealous!!!!!

#273 4 years ago

What are you using for the home theater subs? Same model as the pins or some beefy 12" ones?

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

Again, this place is amazing. This is quite an accomplishment, congratulations and looking forward to hopefully meeting you someday, at the very least to say thanks for such and entertaining ride this thread has been to enjoy!

Thanks and the invite stands. Just call ahead when you're going to be headed this way!

Pretty sure I posted pics of my last theater there. Built that one from scratch. Walls and all.
    New one will be even better!

Quoted from Flowst:

Again my compliments to you on such fantastic work. What an amazing space you’ve created. Seeing those view master reels really took me back to

Thx. Probably got 300+ reels and I collect and restore the much favored "model D" ... think I have 6 or 8 of them.

Quoted from 3pinballs:

great idea.....i have felt pads under my legs and they always come off and get glue residue on the marble floor.

So far these are working great

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Super Cool....Awesome Job...Everyone who reads this thread will be jealous!!!!!

Thanks!

Quoted from mbwalker:

What are you using for the home theater subs? Same model as the pins or some beefy 12" ones?

SVS PB12 Plus ... two of them. They move concrete
    They should as they cost 15 times what my Polks cost!

#275 4 years ago

Got my key stand done tonight. Was almost a "must have". Got the little hangers from Home Depot
    Just need to stain it

IMG_5755 (resized).JPGIMG_5755 (resized).JPGIMG_5756 (resized).JPGIMG_5756 (resized).JPGIMG_5757 (resized).JPGIMG_5757 (resized).JPGIMG_5760 (resized).JPGIMG_5760 (resized).JPGIMG_5759 (resized).JPGIMG_5759 (resized).JPG
    #277 4 years ago

Unbelievable! So great. Good work!

#278 4 years ago

Fantastic. Can’t wait to see this place and hang out with you. Again, I am amazed at your skill. If I ever did something like this I’d need a contractor as I don’t know how to do crap.

#279 4 years ago

Following

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from bendowswell:

Unbelievable! So great. Good work!

Thx so much!

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Fantastic. Can’t wait to see this place and hang out with you. Again, I am amazed at your skill. If I ever did something like this I’d need a contractor as I don’t know how to do crap.

Eager to actually sit in one of those chairs and just chat with you my friend!

#281 4 years ago

Have you considered keying them all the same, and use one key?
    -mof

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

-mof

Yep. In the home environment the fewer the keys, the better!
    Steveo

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

-mof

One Key to rule them all, One Key to find them, One Key to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

But only if he has a Stern LOTR.

#284 4 years ago

Amazing! Loved the walk through video. We especially enjoyed the Wipeout yelling out in the middle. Very underrated game, we love ours.
    I think the blend of pinball, memorabilia and a fun lounge hang out area make this easily one of the best game rooms I have ever seen!! Enjoy it!

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

-mof

A few years ago, I bought a bunch of coindoor cam locks, all keyed alike from pinballlife.com. I don't think it was all that much money either.

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

-mof

Might just do that now that I’m settled in! Thx

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Amazing! Loved the walk through video. We especially enjoyed the Wipeout yelling out in the middle. Very underrated game, we love ours.
    I think the blend of pinball, memorabilia and a fun lounge hang out area make this easily one of the best game rooms I have ever seen!! Enjoy it!

Thx and yes, Wipeout is a blast and I was a competitive skier as well years ago and loved the sport so has a special place for me ... now how do I keep this game quiet! Seriously, I’ve not had even a minute to look up how to stop the attract sounds

#288 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Thx and yes, Wipeout is a blast and I was a competitive skier as well years ago and loved the sport so has a special place for me ... now how do I keep this game quiet! Seriously, I’ve not had even a minute to look up how to stop the attract sounds

I’ll let you know if I find it. I only have 3 pins so me and my family get a kick out of hearing their attract sounds coming on when we are playing Skee ball or just playing toys with my girls when we are in the basement with everything on. After hearing yours go off it made me realize that I hear my simpsons and comet go off all the time but never wipeout!
    Having a background in winter sports really helps sell that game I think. A lot of people don’t like it. I snowboarded a lot in college, not competitively just for fun, so playing a game on it brings me back.

#289 4 years ago

I mounted the Definitive Technologies Gem XL surrounds tonight.
    Carpet comes next week, then I can finish the rest

--

Also, the flooring team got all the floors sanded, stained and sealed over the past 4 days

IMG_5787 (resized).JPGIMG_5787 (resized).JPGIMG_5788 (resized).JPGIMG_5788 (resized).JPGIMG_5789 (resized).JPGIMG_5789 (resized).JPGIMG_5785 (resized).JPGIMG_5785 (resized).JPGIMG_5786 (resized).JPGIMG_5786 (resized).JPG
    #290 4 years ago

Got the crown molding up in the theater. Just about the only crown in the house (other than cabinet tops)
    I needed to install this to hide the RGBW strip of LEDs that is going to be tucked into it.

LEDs @ $50
    Simple pine casing and crown @ $200 + $13 for conditioner + time to stain it and then tape outside edge and stain the edge - yuk (but it's done)

IMG_5795 (resized).JPGIMG_5795 (resized).JPGIMG_5796 (resized).JPGIMG_5796 (resized).JPGIMG_5797 (resized).JPGIMG_5797 (resized).JPG
    #291 4 years ago

Took some rare time to shop out my X-Men Magneto edition - just picked this one up a few weeks ago and have not had one second to even look at it
    Many, many LEDs were out and still have a few flashers out and the playfield was super dirty
    Also, the slings were about to tear apart and quite a few rubbers looked the same - still have a few rubbers to get to when I do the deep clean on this one
    Needs a new spinner decal too

Also started using my Pinball life glass holder - works great!
    IMG_5800 (resized).JPGIMG_5800 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5798 (resized).JPGIMG_5798 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5792 (resized).JPGIMG_5792 (resized).JPG

#292 4 years ago

And just after lunch ... put together the new porch furniture
    2 gliders and and 2 Adirondack chairs + small table

IMG_5801 (resized).JPGIMG_5801 (resized).JPGIMG_5802 (resized).JPGIMG_5802 (resized).JPG
    #293 4 years ago

Clear coat lacquer on the crown molding in the theater tonight and my wife helped me lay in the LED strips.
    Really like these WenTop 24 volt LED from Amazon. You get over 60 feet of LEDs and all driven off one PS. No noticable voltage drop either

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCKF16S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

IMG_5812 (resized).JPGIMG_5812 (resized).JPGIMG_5813 (resized).JPGIMG_5813 (resized).JPG
    #294 4 years ago

Built the cedar frame for my Loft sign that arrives later this week
    The MDF circle in the middle is 12" around and 1/2" thick ... the same width as 10mm LED tape.
    I plan to wrap the MDF circle in LEDs and then mount my 18" sign on top of the MDF using silicone
    Because the MDF is mounted to the sign frame with just 2 screws, it can easily be removed to repair or replace the LED strip if needed

--
    The sign is aluminum stock and being made here

https://www.roadtrafficsigns.com/18-x-18-custom-circle-signs

I use this company here on the ranch to make directional signs, speed limit signs and others. Great quality, price and fast shipping too.

The cedar will be stained the same color as the house trim

There is room in the back of the sign to mount the transformer pack and I planned to put the sign at the top of the stairs and added an outlet there specifically for this purpose when I was framing and wiring the room.

I did a scale drawing of it in excel before building it

Should have some pics of the whole thing completed by end of the week!
    IMG_5810 (resized).JPGIMG_5810 (resized).JPGIMG_5811 (resized).JPGIMG_5811 (resized).JPGIMG_5814 (resized).PNGIMG_5814 (resized).PNG

Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: for those thinking of making a sign similar to this, I removed the 12" MDF and replaced it with a 17" piece.
    The 12" piece pulled the LED strip too far away from the edge of the aluminum sign and was barely visible.
    It's now quite visible and does a good job lighting the perforations in the rolled steel too

#295 4 years ago

Got the sign frame stained, sealed and mounted the LEDs
    Going to add a piece of perforated rolled steel I got from a local company
    Next pics should have it hung and lit!

IMG_5815 (resized).JPGIMG_5815 (resized).JPGIMG_5816 (resized).JPGIMG_5816 (resized).JPGIMG_5817 (resized).JPGIMG_5817 (resized).JPGIMG_5818 (resized).JPGIMG_5818 (resized).JPG
    #296 4 years ago

Tonight I bought, hauled upstairs and put together the Craftsman parts cabinet, tool chest and rolling stack cart.
    I'll use the tall cabinet for pinball parts, the bottom drawers of the tool chest for larger power tools and the top drawers for screws, fuses, springs, nuts and bolts (all small parts really)
    Finally, the stacked rolling unit will hold all playfield cleaning and polishing supplies - pads, Novus, Meguiars, waxes, polishing drill, etc

Lowes is stocking the Craftsman brand and the quality is pretty good as is the price
    Tomorrow I'll move all the supplies into the new cabinets
    IMG_5820 (resized).JPGIMG_5820 (resized).JPG

#297 4 years ago

And ... the sign is up!!

IMG_5824 (resized).JPGIMG_5824 (resized).JPGIMG_5825 (resized).JPGIMG_5825 (resized).JPG
    #298 4 years ago

You’ve made your loft into a major tourist stop in TN.

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

You’ve made your loft into a major tourist stop in TN.

Just need to start charging admission to pay for all this work!

#300 4 years ago

Chris and I got all the parts, tools and cleaning material moved today!
    And ... got the garage cleaned in prep for coating the floor
    IMG_5830 (resized).JPGIMG_5830 (resized).JPG

--

Tool chest drawers from the top
    IMG_5834 (resized).JPGIMG_5834 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5835 (resized).JPGIMG_5835 (resized).JPG

IMG_5837 (resized).JPGIMG_5837 (resized).JPGIMG_5838 (resized).JPGIMG_5838 (resized).JPG

IMG_5829 (resized).JPGIMG_5829 (resized).JPG
    There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-advice/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.