Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 366 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67968AA9-7BB5-4111-A43C-8D34412BF1F3 (resized).png
    IMG_6643 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6511 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6499 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6589 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6583 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6471 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6473 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6467 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6469 (resized).jpg
    3443F605-583C-4870-9A0C-754131EF2167 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6350 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6346 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6352 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6351 (resized).JPG
    There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 4 years ago

First time i see this thread...
    Dreams come true I guess..
    Congrats !!!

#202 4 years ago

Congrats!!! Equal parts impressed and jealous!! What a space, credit to you. Enjoy

#203 4 years ago

Great build, enjoyed watching it unfold! Thanks for bringing us along for the ride!

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Congrats! Been following this thread and it’s been a lot of work to get to this point.

Thanks!

Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats!
    thanks for sharing the build and the heart story!
    Glad you are here!
    Now when do all us Pinsiders get to come over for the party

Thanks and party we will!

Still need to:
    - get all my furniture up there
    - hang all my pinball art and WOZ collectibles
    - get Spiderman statue set up
    - install the sleeping mattress
    - setup all my parts and tools
    - fix all the bugs in the machines!

Here's a short video walk thru

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Great build, enjoyed watching it unfold! Thanks for bringing us along for the ride!

Thanks and enjoyed sharing it!
    More info to come as we polish it up!

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from MPRAMONE:

First time i see this thread...
    Dreams come true I guess..
    Congrats !!!

Feels like a deam!

Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Congrats!!! Equal parts impressed and jealous!! What a space, credit to you. Enjoy

Thanks so much

#207 4 years ago

#208 4 years ago

Been following since the beginning. Your space looks INCREDIBLE! Congrats!

#209 4 years ago

Love watching this thread develop, so Awesome, can't wait for the grand unveiling! This space is most amazing, congrats!

#210 4 years ago

Wow. Just wow. Congrats!

#211 4 years ago

I want to live in there and never leave.

#212 4 years ago

Thx!

Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Been following since the beginning. Your space looks INCREDIBLE! Congrats!

Very kind, thx!

Quoted from gentrsa:

Love watching this thread develop, so Awesome, can't wait for the grand unveiling! This space is most amazing, congrats!

Thx so much!

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Wow. Just wow. Congrats!

Can't wait to have you over Darin!

Quoted from russdx:

I want to live in there and never leave.

I'm thinking my wife might have to come drag me back downstairs. Especially 'cause there's a bed up there too!

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Nice story, I too had a similar situation where I didn't need open heart surgery but had a blocked artery and 2 stents installed.
    My father died of a massive heart attack at 66 so I was pretty nervous when I approached that age. Happy to say I just turned 67 and the 2 stents were installed when I was 58. My symptoms was angina pain when I walked up an incline or did something strenuous.
    Good luck with your build, it's looking awesome!!

Congrats on your success as well! Almost 10 years for you and sounds like you're doing well!

#214 4 years ago

Bean chasing a few gremlins (most self-made) as I bring the Loft up to full speed.
    I could not for the life of me get my new ceiling fans to work.
    Switch appeared wired right. My wiring from the J-box was correct ...hmmmm
    So I pulled off the base cap of one of them to find I never plugged the actual switch part molex connector into the supply line - doh.
    IMG_5568 (resized).JPGIMG_5568 (resized).JPG

#215 4 years ago

Spider-Man is in the house and 8 feet tall!

Parked him right next to SMVE

And, yes, I'll be painting that panel box

--
    IMG_5569 (resized).JPGIMG_5569 (resized).JPGIMG_5570 (resized).JPGIMG_5570 (resized).JPGIMG_5571 (resized).JPGIMG_5571 (resized).JPG

#216 4 years ago

Had 5 games total that after storage have an operational issue that must be addressed for gameplay:
    Johnny Mnemonic (still down - hand issue, ball shooter)
    Star Trek (fixed ball jam caused by UV light bar screw fell out - found in cab)
    Volcano (still down - connector issue)
    Middle Earth (playable but lost most GI and backbox)
    Jokerz (playable but lost left GI)

And ... Iron Man ... no flippers and no menu in coin door (fixed but see below to see if you can spot the problem)

--

IMG_5573 (resized).JPGIMG_5573 (resized).JPG
    #217 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

And, yes, I'll be painting that panel...

Just stick a pinball poster in front of it.

20190728_211430 (resized).jpg20190728_211430 (resized).jpg
    #218 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Had 5 games total that after storage have an operational issue that must be addressed for gameplay:
    Johnny Mnemonic (still down - hand issue, ball shooter)
    Star Trek (fixed ball jam caused by UV light bar screw fell out - found in cab)
    Volcano (still down - connector issue)
    Middle Earth (playable but lost most GI and backbox)
    Jokerz (playable but lost left GI)
    And ... Iron Man ... no flippers and no menu in coin door (fixed but see below to see if you can spot the problem)
    --[quoted image]

Plug that connector back in. Great space. Congrats!

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

Plug that connector back in. Great space. Congrats!

Got it. Good eye!

20190728_213125 (resized).jpg20190728_213125 (resized).jpg
    #220 4 years ago

Wow this really is fabulous! Excellent job!

#221 4 years ago

Gameroom envy. Yep, I have it now.

What a great space! Stop working and take time to enjoy it

Chris

#222 4 years ago

Just found this thread tonight. Looks like a dream gameroom. Congrats from up North!

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Wow this really is fabulous! Excellent job!

Thank you sir!

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Gameroom envy. Yep, I have it now.
    What a great space! Stop working and take time to enjoy it
    Chris

Man I’m always working! And this is good advice for anyone ... slow down and enjoy

Quoted from epeabs:

Just found this thread tonight. Looks like a dream gameroom. Congrats from up North!

Thanks. It’s a dream come true for sure

#224 4 years ago

Still at it. Hope to get some artwork up by this weekend and a few other new ideas I had. Will share pics as well. Meantime, building the windmill fan that will hang in the great room. Wow ... it’s 6 feet wide and in a million parts. Pics of when I started and partway through. It’s all together now and will be hung Friday because it takes a custom size down rod (ugh)

I’ve been using my new Dewalt gyroscopic screwdriver to put things together and it came in super handy building this. I liked it so much I bought one for my electrician (who loves it)

1F4FBEEA-4E6C-43DC-9B2F-BADEC5F4B7D4 (resized).jpeg1F4FBEEA-4E6C-43DC-9B2F-BADEC5F4B7D4 (resized).jpeg62D463CC-C255-4BD0-A681-F0851663EB6D (resized).jpeg62D463CC-C255-4BD0-A681-F0851663EB6D (resized).jpegC508C68A-D187-4B41-A466-B892B0FA75EF (resized).jpegC508C68A-D187-4B41-A466-B892B0FA75EF (resized).jpeg73766E62-F6C5-4D49-B851-EC64EBA8C865 (resized).jpeg73766E62-F6C5-4D49-B851-EC64EBA8C865 (resized).jpeg
    #225 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Spider-Man is in the house and 8 feet tall!
    Parked him right next to SMVE
    And, yes, I'll be painting that panel box
    --
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find this? That is awesome!

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Where did you find this? That is awesome!

At the Amazon link above. Directly from the maker - Rubies out of NYC
    I paid way less than the current price and I'm guessing because it had a blemish but not sure
    There was a "ding" on Spidey's face that I color matched with some paint and covered it up - can hardly see it now

Very cool piece especially in person due to its commanding height!

#228 4 years ago

Got some art up last night. Hardest part was the Woz area. We have a pretty large collection of Woz memorabilia:
    - pieces of yellow brick road, hair from lion costume, witches boots, wagon wheel, etc
    - lots of signed materials from the cast and munchkins

Tough to fit it all in a fairly tight space

IMG_5668 (resized).JPGIMG_5668 (resized).JPGIMG_5669 (resized).JPGIMG_5669 (resized).JPG
    #229 4 years ago

3D lenticular Iron Man and Spider-man prints

IMG_5670 (resized).JPGIMG_5670 (resized).JPG
    #230 4 years ago

Christopher Franchi signed print from TPF. Got the larger version hanging in my office too!

IMG_5677 (resized).JPGIMG_5677 (resized).JPG
    #231 4 years ago

Autographed sling collection that I mounted in a Hobby Lobby shadowbox

IMG_5674 (resized).JPGIMG_5674 (resized).JPG
    #232 4 years ago

If you saw the Steve Ritchie "pinball confessions" session at TPF 2018, this is the sign he held up before each "confession"
    I chased him down after the session and he was gracious enough to sign it
    Pic I took of him and Gomez during session
    IMG_0383 (resized).JPGIMG_0383 (resized).JPGIMG_5676 (resized).JPGIMG_5676 (resized).JPG

#233 4 years ago

Kiss conventions poster, signed by all original members.
    IMG_5673 (resized).JPGIMG_5673 (resized).JPG

#234 4 years ago

Blake Dumesnil Kosmic Khaos poster autographed by almost every pinball designer that was at TPF that year
    Beautiful artwork. Blake is a great guy too

IMG_5675 (resized).JPGIMG_5675 (resized).JPG
    #235 4 years ago

As always, Tim, your stuff looks great!

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Hardest part was the Woz area. We have a pretty large collection of Woz memorabilia:

I see why you moved WOZ to the corner. Looks great with all the memorabilia. You did show WOZ stuff in the bathroom too - still some going there or did you get it all around the Pin?

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I see why you moved WOZ to the corner. Looks great with all the memorabilia. You did show WOZ stuff in the bathroom too - still some going there or did you get it all around the Pin?

Great question. Considered it because as you know we used to have a Woz bathroom but I got almost all of it in the corner. You’re correct, that’s why I purposely put the game there! Looks like it will be bolted there for a while!

#238 4 years ago

Your attention to detail is just jaw dropping. Simply amazing.

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Your attention to detail is just jaw dropping. Simply amazing.

Too kind! Thank you.

Got my pinball attract screen monitor mounted and running tonight.
    The monitor plays the digital attract screens from virtual pinball machines. These files can be found free on the internet
    I grabbed about 75 of them, popped them into my video production software with some cross transitions and created a MP4 file at about 4GB in size
    I put the file on a USB stick, plugged into the back of a dirt cheap 32" smart TV - got it set to loop/repeat
    Plays for 45 mins before looping!
    IMG_5681 (resized).JPGIMG_5681 (resized).JPGIMG_5683 (resized).JPGIMG_5683 (resized).JPGIMG_5684 (resized).JPGIMG_5684 (resized).JPG

Here's a super short clip of it playing
    Cool thing is that you can also stream movies to it so no other connections needed AND it pulls out from the wall, rotates to horizontal and can be viewed while up in the sleeping loft

Also got my Tom Whalen Star Trek print hung along with both signed prints we got while at Fanfare here locally a couple years back
    Shatner signed my inlane plastics for my Star Trek and Lieutenant Uhura signed the other!
    IMG_5686 (resized).JPGIMG_5686 (resized).JPG

#240 4 years ago

Almost forgot, if you want to do the vertical monitor thing, you'll need a special TV mount that allows a portrait display
    This one allows you to rotate between landscape and portrait - for less than $25 you cant beat it

Plus, it also extends from the wall and tilts too

20190801_215042 (resized).jpg20190801_215042 (resized).jpg
    #241 4 years ago

Bad ass gameroom.

Stunning house

Beautiful land

Great looking family

Life looks good!

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Almost forgot, if you want to do the vertical monitor thing, you'll need a special TV mount that allows a portrait display
    This one allows you to rotate between landscape and portrait - for less than $25 you cant beat it
    Plus, it also extends from the wall and tilts too[quoted image]

Stunning idea...

Curious, do you think you could somehow add the time to the display? this would make for a fantastic clock.

You could ditch the individual surge protectors if you do a whole house surge protector in the 200amp box.

Love the color changeable led perimeter lighting!

So many great games!!! Are you thinking any arcade or gun game titles, or driving games later on?

I built a gr as well, I think we had a few similar ideas

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert

#243 4 years ago

Looks incredible. I'd probably spend hours just looking at your memorabilia!

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

...Got my pinball attract screen monitor mounted and running tonight.
    The monitor plays the digital attract screens from virtual pinball machines. These files can be found free on the internet...

Hmm...I have a spare 32" TV in a box. Is there a web page that tended to have the to have the majority of them or should a person just google it?

#245 4 years ago

I don't get jealous ..... until now. Seriously so much freaking wow with this whole project. Congrats to you and yours and enjoy being the green envy of 1000's of people

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Bad ass gameroom.
    Stunning house
    Beautiful land
    Great looking family
    Life looks good!

Thanks and all good but holy moly is the stress level at a 10 right now!

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Stunning idea...
    Curious, do you think you could somehow add the time to the display? this would make for a fantastic clock.
    You could ditch the individual surge protectors if you do a whole house surge protector in the 200amp box.
    Love the color changeable led perimeter lighting!
    So many great games!!! Are you thinking any arcade or gun game titles, or driving games later on?
    I built a gr as well, I think we had a few similar ideas
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert

LOVE your build and YES. Looking to at BBH HD in future

Quoted from ctviss:

Looks incredible. I'd probably spend hours just looking at your memorabilia!

I still stare at it and wonder from time to time. What was it like for these people. Do they know the impact they had. Etc.

Quoted from mbwalker:

Hmm...I have a spare 32" TV in a box. Is there a web page that tended to have the to have the majority of them or should a person just google it?

There is! Not sure the spot but I think on VP forum and I found this to get you started.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=6994

Pasted from CLEllison
    I don't get jealous ..... until now. Seriously so much freaking wow with this whole project. Congrats to you and yours and enjoy being the green envy of 1000's of people <end quote>

Me:
    Hey it’s just stuff in the end. Cool? Yup. But stuff nevertheless and I’ll take my families health and happiness over ALL of it in the blink of an eye. That quad bypass thing got me thinking about priorities in a very good way

Added over 5 years ago:

Updated to include the original link I used when I downloaded all the table attract screens

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/digital-translite-wall-hanging#post-4914118

#247 4 years ago

Beautifully done!

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Beautifully done!

Thank you and ... more progress tonight!

---

Got my Playmatic Black Fever backglass display up. It's quite a deal to hang this because it weighs just under 50lbs total!
    Added my Python Anghelo signed print and the other KISS autographed print from Pyscho Circus album
    IMG_5707 (resized).JPGIMG_5707 (resized).JPGIMG_5709 (resized).JPGIMG_5709 (resized).JPG

---

Got the LED remote mounted and all of the 8 switched 20 amp circuits labeled
    IMG_5690 (resized).JPGIMG_5690 (resized).JPGIMG_5691 (resized).JPGIMG_5691 (resized).JPG

---

-
    And BINGO, we finally received the custom mattress covers (grey with black piping)
    Got those installed in the sleeping loft and climbed up for some pics.

--
    I've got color changing RGBW spots in the 4" cans up in the loft - got them set to blue in a few of the pics
    The view up there is awesome !!
    IMG_5699 (resized).JPGIMG_5699 (resized).JPGIMG_5702 (resized).JPGIMG_5702 (resized).JPGIMG_5703 (resized).JPGIMG_5703 (resized).JPGIMG_5704 (resized).JPGIMG_5704 (resized).JPGIMG_5692 (resized).JPGIMG_5692 (resized).JPGIMG_5693 (resized).JPGIMG_5693 (resized).JPGIMG_5695 (resized).JPGIMG_5695 (resized).JPGIMG_5698 (resized).JPGIMG_5698 (resized).JPG

#249 4 years ago

Yup. We camped out there last night.

C91D197F-1F3C-4D80-AC37-468EE8ED176B (resized).jpegC91D197F-1F3C-4D80-AC37-468EE8ED176B (resized).jpeg
    #250 4 years ago

Man, you never have to leave that room!! You should have built a kitchen too...LOL

There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-advice/page/5?hl=y3ag3r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.