IMG_0307 (resized).JPG
IMG_0642 (resized).JPG
IMG_0030 (resized).PNG
IMG_0031 (resized).PNG
IMG_1963 (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpg
IMG_2587 (resized).PNG
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

I know the wooden legs aren't original but my machine has red markings where the old legs were! I believe Gottlieb (like every other company) put any legs that were available that day on the machine during its production. These were money making machines and not for home collector. Most of these older pins show differences in terms of characteristics including artwork differences, parts used... so who knows!

I doubt it. A company cannot be that inconsistent - they were consistent unless the machine was a sample or prototype which I have seen use "extra parts" that were laying around.

The culprit is likely the 50 something years the machine has been around. I get games with the wrong legs all the time.

#77 7 years ago

Ah, you'd be surprised. Games like "24" by Stern include different parts on some of the productions. I agree, modifications have been done to the game throughout its life but it hasn't been changed since 1971. The type of "legs" would not be a factor the average player would notice. As stated earlier, these machines were intended to make money. The only reason I thought the legs may have been red (I now know that QoD was equipped with tan flat legs) is because the color of legs on a game doesn't serve as a significant enough issue. The same size legs but different color does not hinder upon gameplay.

Well, I would figure the "24" thing would be official changes in design and parts, as you said, per production - rather than just a "grab whatever junk is on the shelf" attitude/system per each machine. I know executive decisions like that are made.

#81 7 years ago

otaku Sorry, man didn't mean to come off as a dick! I just heard about this stuff at the seminar so I thought it might have been the same situation with the legs hahah

No, no, no, you absolutely didn't come off as a dick, no worries at all! Definitely was great cool information to hear!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameplay-of-rare-1959-queen-of-diamonds-in-action?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.