Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

paddle-faster-i-hear-banjos (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).JPG
IMG_0642 (resized).JPG
IMG_0030 (resized).PNG
IMG_0031 (resized).PNG
IMG_1963 (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpg
IMG_2587 (resized).PNG
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I asked him to do the light blue one as you seem to be the only one that has the dark one. And yours seems to be in pretty good shape. I'll just leave the original in there if that doesn't pan out.

I would buy a light blue glass too... have zero interest in the dark blue, rare or not.

I think part of the beauty of that glass, IS the baby blue color.

¿Que no?

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

I would buy a light blue glass too... have zero interest in the dark blue, rare or not.
¿Que no?

Gotta wonder what prompted him to do the dark blue one. Hopefully he can churn out some light blue ones at the same time if enough people request them.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gotta wonder what prompted him to do the dark blue one. Hopefully he can churn out some light blue ones at the same time if enough people request them.

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.

I just passed it off to my usual luck... the luck o' the Polish.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

¿Que no?

The dark blue one matches the playfield much better. But, I wouldn't mind having the only one known to exist even if someone else's is a repop.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

NICE, Frax, man I think we talked before? Good to hear from you again!

We did.

#56 3 years ago

Ned Beatty shows love for Queen!

It looks silly though with wooden legs. Those look like the big chunky bingo wooden legs too, not the more slender pinball ones.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

It looks silly though with wooden legs. Those look like the big chunky bingo wooden legs too, not the more slender pinball ones.

Hey, man I have the wooden legs! I like them haha, matches the wooden side rails and lockdown bar

#58 3 years ago

Hey, man I have the wooden legs! I like them haha, matches the wooden side rails and lockdown bar

Yes, but they don't match the metal coin door, arch and card tray!

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You are speaking of the original red legs right? Queen's coin door is tan!

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm just teasin, everyone has their own style!

#61 3 years ago

The original legs are cream colored metal ones. My '57 "Royal Flush" has this type as well. Pinball Resource has suitable repros.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The original legs are cream colored metal ones. My '57 "Royal Flush" has this type as well. Pinball Resource has suitable repros.

Hm, Queen of Diamonds seemed to appear equipped with red legs back in the day before we owned it (pre 1971). I can tell due to marks on the cab where the old legs used to be!

#63 3 years ago

Williams used red legs around that time.

#64 3 years ago

I guess Gottlieb used both red and tan...

IMG_0031 (resized).PNG

IMG_0030 (resized).PNG

#65 3 years ago

I know the wooden legs aren't original but my machine has red markings where the old legs were! I believe Gottlieb (like every other company) put any legs that were available that day on the machine during its production. These were money making machines and not for home collector. Most of these older pins show differences in terms of characteristics including artwork differences, parts used... so who knows!

#66 3 years ago

I know the wooden legs aren't original but my machine has red markings where the old legs were! I believe Gottlieb (like every other company) put any legs that were available that day on the machine during its production. These were money making machines and not for home collector. Most of these older pins show differences in terms of characteristics including artwork differences, parts used... so who knows!

The red flat legs were only used in 1956 on a few games.

From 1957 they went to 31 inch cream flat ( not ribbed ) and then around 1961 approx they went to the 31 inch ribbed.

PBR only sell the ribbed. The flat cream legs are very very hard to find. The flat red as used on games like Auto Race 1956 are even harder to find.

Operators would not have cared what legs went on the game when it was moved around so it might have had red legs on for 50 years but it wasn't Gottlieb's doing

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The red flat legs were only used in 1956 on a few games.
From 1957 they went to 31 inch cream flat ( not ribbed ) and then around 1961 approx they went to the 31 inch ribbed.
PBR only sell the ribbed. The flat cream legs are very very hard to find. The flat red as used on games like Auto Race 1956 are even harder to find.
Operators would not have cared what legs went on the game when it was moved around so it might have had red legs on for 50 years but it wasn't Gottlieb's doing

Ahh, interesting! Thanks for telling me! You learn something new everyday

#68 3 years ago

Ahh, interesting! Thanks for telling me! You learn something new everyday

Took me a while to figure it all out as hard to find this kind of info even on the net!

I have never seen a flat red set of legs for sale.

If you see a decent set of 31 inch flat legs for sale, grab em while you can as they are tough to find.

Last game to feature wooden legs ( Gottlieb ) was Frontiersman 1955.

#69 3 years ago

Took me a while to figure it all out as hard to find this kind of info even on the net!
I have never seen a flat red set of legs for sale.
If you see a decent set of 31 inch flat legs for sale, grab em while you can as they are tough to find.
Last game to feature wooden legs ( Gottlieb ) was Frontiersman 1955.

I'll look out for them for sure!

#70 3 years ago

I'll look out for them for sure!

I only ever got one game that has an original set of flat cream legs - not re-sprayed - touched up.

This is what they look like for future reference.

No rib in the center like the later legs.

IMG_0642 (resized).JPG

#71 3 years ago

I only ever got one game that has an original set of flat cream legs - not re-sprayed - touched up.

Man! Super 50's haha. Thanks again!

#72 3 years ago

Yeah, the red ones that Gottlieb briefly used, the red ones Williams used quite extensively (some have an exaggerated bend at the top to flare the legs out more), and the cream colored Gottlieb ones; all with no stiffening ribs on them are tough to come by. I always try to scoop them up when I see them.

#73 3 years ago

I really enjoyed my QOD before I needed to sell. It was in excellent condition fast and fun. The one woodrail I have had and sold that I would get again once additional space is found.
Great to see you enjoying American toys of the past. Pm me if you come to Phoenix on break or vacation.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I really enjoyed my QOD before I needed to sell. It was in excellent condition fast and fun. The one woodrail I have had and sold that I would get again once additional space is found.
Great to see you enjoying American toys of the past. Pm me if you come to Phoenix on break or vacation.

Thanks! It's a killer game, mine plays super fast I love pins of all eras, every pin is great! And awesome, man will do

#75 3 years ago

I doubt it. A company cannot be that inconsistent - they were consistent unless the machine was a sample or prototype which I have seen use "extra parts" that were laying around.

The culprit is likely the 50 something years the machine has been around. I get games with the wrong legs all the time.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I doubt it. A company cannot be that inconsistent - they were consistent unless the machine was a sample or prototype which I have seen use "extra parts" that were laying around.
The culprit is likely the 50 something years the machine has been around. I get games with the wrong legs all the time.

Ah, you'd be surprised. Games like "24" by Stern include different parts on some of the productions. I agree, modifications have been done to the game throughout its life but it hasn't been changed since 1971. The type of "legs" would not be a factor the average player would notice. As stated earlier, these machines were intended to make money. The only reason I thought the legs may have been red (I now know that QoD was equipped with tan flat legs) is because the color of legs on a game doesn't serve as a significant enough issue. The same size legs but different color does not hinder upon gameplay.

#77 3 years ago

Ah, you'd be surprised. Games like "24" by Stern include different parts on some of the productions. I agree, modifications have been done to the game throughout its life but it hasn't been changed since 1971. The type of "legs" would not be a factor the average player would notice. As stated earlier, these machines were intended to make money. The only reason I thought the legs may have been red (I now know that QoD was equipped with tan flat legs) is because the color of legs on a game doesn't serve as a significant enough issue. The same size legs but different color does not hinder upon gameplay.

Well, I would figure the "24" thing would be official changes in design and parts, as you said, per production - rather than just a "grab whatever junk is on the shelf" attitude/system per each machine. I know executive decisions like that are made.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Well, I would figure the "24" thing would be official changes in design and parts, as you said, per production - rather than just a "grab whatever junk is on the shelf" attitude/system per each machine. I know executive decisions like that are made.

I attended a seminar hosted by Steve Ritchie and the topic in regards to the design of that specific game came up. This is where I acquired my information.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

The toys were purchased at a local mall for that game. Saved money for the company.

#80 3 years ago

otaku Sorry, man didn't mean to come off as a dick! I just heard about this stuff at the seminar so I thought it might have been the same situation with the legs hahah

#81 3 years ago

otaku Sorry, man didn't mean to come off as a dick! I just heard about this stuff at the seminar so I thought it might have been the same situation with the legs hahah

No, no, no, you absolutely didn't come off as a dick, no worries at all! Definitely was great cool information to hear!

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

No, no, no, you absolutely didn't come off as a dick, no worries at all! Definitely was great cool information to hear!

Thank you, sir! I was kind of shocked when I heard it too! Pretty insane they did that to a mass produced product!

3 months later
#83 2 years ago

Side shot of Queen while I was cleaning her completely untouched cabinet all the way around! She was in storage in a dark basement since the early 70s and at an antique shop before that!

IMG_0307 (resized).JPG

#84 2 years ago

Wow, that's schweet!!!

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow, that's schweet!!!

Thank you, sir!!

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And that aint all!

paddle-faster-i-hear-banjos (resized).png

1 year later
#87 1 year ago

We put up a better one where we used lighting and a better camera if any of y’all are interested

#88 1 year ago

Always loved the look of that game, but it's a bitch of a player!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 160.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Lit Frames
$ 24.50
$ 109.99
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 89.99
$ 21.00
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside