Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RatShack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a Back To The Future pin (first and only one). Haven’t played in several weeks as I’ve been busy but after stepping up to it tonight I feel the game is now completely different.

Not only am I not making easy shots, but the ball is draining way more than ever I would average about 3-4 million points a game but I can’t seem to even get past 700,000. It’s very bizarre.

I know flippers get weak and parts wear out but can it make THAT much of a difference? The flippers are still making ramps, so they are still powerful enough. It really feels like an entirely new game.

It’s very strange...

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from jimgravina:

I have a Back To The Future pin (first and only one). Haven’t played in several weeks as I’ve been busy but after stepping up to it tonight I feel the game is now completely different.
Not only am I not making easy shots, but the ball is draining way more than ever I would average about 3-4 million points a game but I can’t seem to even get past 700,000. It’s very bizarre.
I know flippers get weak and parts wear out but can it make THAT much of a difference? The flippers are still making ramps, so they are still powerful enough. It really feels like an entirely new game.
It’s very strange...

This is your first pin? That’s normal. It really is just your own reaction time and all that jazz. If I get little too no sleep since I worked on projects all night, I play like crap! But sometimes I just sleep like a rock for 12 hours and wake up and throw up a new GC in no time

#3 3 years ago

I find that some days my play is just way off & others I feel dialed in. If it was an issue with the game it would be a more isolated problem like a specific ramp/feature.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

If it was an issue with the game it would be a more isolated problem like a specific ramp/feature.

Yeah that’s a good point. I’ll have to pay a little more attention. I noticed my flipper rubbers were a bit worn so I changed those out but that didn’t help any lol. Maybe I do just suck all of a sudden!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from jimgravina:

Yeah that’s a good point. I’ll have to pay a little more attention. I noticed my flipper rubbers were a bit worn so I changed those out but that didn’t help any lol. Maybe I do just suck all of a sudden!

Your game play will simply vary day to day. One day I might get a grand champion score, the next day i might really suck. It’s part of being human. Your machine is fine.

#6 3 years ago

Just had the same experience with my JP. The machine isn't in my house anymore and I went from playing daily to weekly. Can't get close to the scores I was hitting before.

Hit System Failure (wizard mode) on my last game before I packed it up. Now not getting close!

#7 3 years ago

The key to pinball is acting like you're invincible even though entropy says otherwise.

Depending on your cleaning/waxing schedule the game play might have changed slightly. Give it a fresh cleaning and wax.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

The key to pinball is acting like you're invincible even though entropy says otherwise.
Depending on your cleaning/waxing schedule the game play might have changed slightly.

This is NOT a slight difference though...for example, my clock tower kicker is now draining DIRECTLY down the center, it never used to do that before. I cannot for the life of me make the left ramp shot anymore. I am sure everyone here is right, and it must be just me as everything seems to be ok with the game (flippers seem powerful enough, etc). But i'ts just amazing how different it plays all of a sudden. Im also not really a pinball guy, I just have this one game so I don't really have anything to compare it too...its just..odd.

#9 3 years ago

Just learned about flipper bat alignment, and it does seem they are slightly off center. Will try adjust this and see it it helps put me back on track!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from jimgravina:

This is NOT a slight difference though...for example, my clock tower kicker is now draining DIRECTLY down the center, it never used to do that before. I cannot for the life of me make the left ramp shot anymore. I am sure everyone here is right, and it must be just me as everything seems to be ok with the game (flippers seem powerful enough, etc). But i'ts just amazing how different it plays all of a sudden. Im also not really a pinball guy, I just have this one game so I don't really have anything to compare it too...its just..odd.

Cranking the A/C? Any big loads on that circuit?

I think I notice a difference in how my machines play in the middle of a hot day when the power grid is stressed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameplay-drastically-different?hl=jimgravina and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.