• Latest reply 5 years ago by hokiefan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

left_flipper (resized).jpg
right_flipper (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hokiefan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello everyone. I have a Sharpshooter that has been sitting in storage for awhile, and I have just set it back up. I have noticed the flippers feel "weak". After looking at the linkages, there is a decent amount of play in both, and the left side has a lot of vertical travel at the shaft for the flipper. The right side metal bracket that holds the coil appears to be cracked as well. I've attached some pictures of the flipper mechanisms. I'm not sure if the left flipper coil is even a gameplan coil, since someone used a piece of wood to shim it in place.

I found a couple really old threads about these flippers, but couldn't figure out where or what parts I need. I know its hard to find anything gameplan related. I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions. I'm okay with swapping these out if another brand fits.

left_flipper (resized).jpgleft_flipper (resized).jpgright_flipper (resized).jpgright_flipper (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Thanks! I'll purchase the classic Sterns and try rebuilding these flippers. Appreciate the link Atari_Daze, I started going through all of the boards and found a burned resistor on the power supply, so I plan on replacing the caps and that resistor. Have some corrosion on the MPU-2 board that I also need to address.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hokiefan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameplan-sharpshooter-flipper-rebuild?tu=hokiefan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.