• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

#mystic
The game boots up. The displays show 00, alternating with the high score. Ball in play 0. Pressing the credit button doesn't do anything. The credit button works, because in one of the test modes pressing it makes a sound.

No stuck switches shown by test mode.

Alltek Systems Ultimate MPU Board does not show any red LEDs.

Where do I go from here?

#2 3 years ago

Is this a new-to-you game? Or did this problem just start?

I'd start by making sure the Altek board is set to the correct game. Then clear the memory on the board.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Is this a new-to-you game? Or did this problem just start?
I'd start by making sure the Altek board is set to the correct game. Then clear the memory on the board.

No, I've had the game for over a year. The board settings are correct and haven't changed, although I could check them. I hadn't played it for about a week, then it didn't want to start. I hadn't messed with the settings or been inside the machine in quite a while.

#4 3 years ago

Is the ball in the out hole and recognized?

Have you tried to add a credit manually and start it?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Is the ball in the out hole and recognized?

Single ball Bally games do not check the outhole switch at game start.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

Have you tried to add a credit manually and start it

This is likely the issue, and since it's an Alltek board, set it to free play....

#6 3 years ago

It is set to free play. Has been for a year.

Last night when I tried adding a credit manually nothing happened. I had the machine on and off, and went through the test modes before posting this morning.

Just now, tripping the coin wire worked. The credit button now works, regardless. Turned the machine on and off, and it still works.

It fixed itself! Thanks for playing Solve the Non Existent Problem. Be sure to tip your wait staff...

The Mystic book mentions pressing the red test button 15 times. I thought that was just to cycle out of test mode. Could that have reset everything and fixed whatever the problem was?

10 months later
#7 2 years ago

Hello Mystic peeps. We just received our "new" old Mystic this week. Turns on, lights up, but pop bumpers, flippers, etc. not working. Adding credits works. Hubby thinks it may be the high voltage. Most machines have the posts next to the door, so when the door closes, it activates the high voltage. Not this machine. I have found manual online but we don't play under the playfield. Is there anything you guys can suggest to check on this machine before we call in the real experts? Thanks guys!!!

#8 2 years ago

There's a fuse under the playfield for solenoids.
Normally the flippers still work with that fuse blown though, and if the solenoid fuse were blown on the rectifier board the machine wouldnt boot up.

Go to pinwiki. Com in Bally section and start at the beginning of setting up new machine to follow the recommended order of testing things.

#9 2 years ago

@slochar. Thanks for the advice. We will look into that and see what we can do.

1 week later
#10 2 years ago

I cannot help with advice on solid state machines, but I can give you the contact info of the best pinball tech in D/FW. He got my Mystic all set when I got it. Send me a DM if you need to.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from DawnP:

Hello Mystic peeps. We just received our "new" old Mystic this week. Turns on, lights up, but pop bumpers, flippers, etc. not working. Adding credits works. Hubby thinks it may be the high voltage. Most machines have the posts next to the door, so when the door closes, it activates the high voltage. Not this machine. I have found manual online but we don't play under the playfield. Is there anything you guys can suggest to check on this machine before we call in the real experts? Thanks guys!!!

Did you solve this?

Just because I had a very similar problem, I’ll give you one more thing to check. Make sure the connectors are on the right pins on the rectifier board in the back box. One of the connectors on my Paragon was a 9 slot connector on an 8 pin area of the board. It was accidentally seated one pin over from where it should have been. This caused the 43 volts that is supposed to go the the solenoid buss to go to the switched lights instead. Not good. Coils wouldn’t work and all lights were burnt out.

Don’t go moving around the connectors on your own just to check. Rather find the part in the manual where they say which colored wire goes to each pin on the rectifier board and make sure all is correct. I can help you with that if you don’t know where to look.

2 months later
#12 2 years ago

It hasn’t happened again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 199.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-won-t-start-tests-seem-ok-mystic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.