3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Soccer Tilt relay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

This is on Heat Wave . 1964 Williams

On powering up the machine, the tilt relay and the game relay go into locked position. The other relays on the relay bank don't.

On starting a game, the bank of relays resets. The tilt relay and game relay go into locked position. Is that correct? The score motor begins to cycle, then stops. The game shows Tilt. Lights are on, but the no bumpers respond.

Does this sound like a tilt relay issue? If so, which of the switches should be open or closed? All I can find on the schematic is one switch that looks to be normally closed. I can't find any of the others in the stack on the schematic (if I even found the right one).

The game was running fine until I rebuilt one of the red (no. 2) pop bumpers. But the wiring is correct. I checked the wires against the pictures I took before disassembling it.

Any ideas?

#3 3 years ago

None of the tilt switches are closed, except for the slam switch on the door, which I believe is supposed to be closed.

Funny thing, powering up the machine while holding the door switch open with a business card in it doesn't affect anything. Shouldn't the game refuse to do anything at all if that is open?

Mike

#6 3 years ago

My schematic shows three shaker tilts, too, but all I see are the one on the underside of the play field by the flipper assemblies, and the one on the floor of the cabinet by the kick switch.

There is a third on the coin door, but isn't that the anti-cheat switch labeled elsewhere on the schematic? Or is that the 3rd one? (Then, what is the anti cheat switch?)

If there is another one, I sure can't find it. Where would it be hiding? Under the floor of the cabinet? There isn't one in the back box.

#7 3 years ago

Turns out, it is the lock relay. Coil is old, loose, burnt and dead. Multimeter shows current to the lugs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-won-t-reset-heat-wave?tu=undrdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.