11 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Soccer Tilt relay (resized).jpg

#1 11 days ago

This is on Heat Wave . 1964 Williams

On powering up the machine, the tilt relay and the game relay go into locked position. The other relays on the relay bank don't.

On starting a game, the bank of relays resets. The tilt relay and game relay go into locked position. Is that correct? The score motor begins to cycle, then stops. The game shows Tilt. Lights are on, but the no bumpers respond.

Does this sound like a tilt relay issue? If so, which of the switches should be open or closed? All I can find on the schematic is one switch that looks to be normally closed. I can't find any of the others in the stack on the schematic (if I even found the right one).

The game was running fine until I rebuilt one of the red (no. 2) pop bumpers. But the wiring is correct. I checked the wires against the pictures I took before disassembling it.

Any ideas?

#2 11 days ago

It sounds like your Tilt relay is firing when it shouldn't so you need to examine the switches that drive the Tilt relay circuit, not the switches on the Tilt relay switch stack. Your schematic will show them all but you're looking for things like the plumb bob, ball tilt switch, weighted tilt switches, etc.

/Mark

#3 11 days ago

None of the tilt switches are closed, except for the slam switch on the door, which I believe is supposed to be closed.

Funny thing, powering up the machine while holding the door switch open with a business card in it doesn't affect anything. Shouldn't the game refuse to do anything at all if that is open?

Mike

#4 10 days ago

I believe all tilt mechanism are closed back box as well as coin door or tilt bob

#5 10 days ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

None of the tilt switches are closed, except for the slam switch on the door, which I believe is supposed to be closed

Have you checked the schematic? Your Tilt relay schematic is probably similar to this one from Soccer.
    Soccer Tilt relay (resized).jpg
    There are 7 switches on this game in the red box that would need to be checked and blocked to figure out if any are causing the Tilt relay to trip.

#6 10 days ago

My schematic shows three shaker tilts, too, but all I see are the one on the underside of the play field by the flipper assemblies, and the one on the floor of the cabinet by the kick switch.

There is a third on the coin door, but isn't that the anti-cheat switch labeled elsewhere on the schematic? Or is that the 3rd one? (Then, what is the anti cheat switch?)

If there is another one, I sure can't find it. Where would it be hiding? Under the floor of the cabinet? There isn't one in the back box.

#7 10 days ago

Turns out, it is the lock relay. Coil is old, loose, burnt and dead. Multimeter shows current to the lugs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 229.99
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 9.95
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside