10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Darlene
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I was browsing the site last night & I noticed Game Warp is coming up at the end of the month in Orlando, FL. Is it worth the trip? About how many pins are usually there? Just trying to decide if I should swing by when I am in the area.

#2 10 years ago

Oh, its worth it just because I will be there!

3 day event on I drive, with usually about 150 games.

http://www.gamewarp.org/

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/board,23.0.html

WOZ, will be there and Metallica, along with some one of a kind games,
    like Screw Loose video...(Caveat, Brian the owner broke his foot by dropping a game on it, but
    as of last night..its still coming)

We have a 3 day blast, and in general, if you say hi, we are going to chew your ear off and talk pinball all night if you want.

The venue is a nice hotel on International Drive near all the parks, and their are new Transformer rides, and a new Disney area.

We are truly a group of fun loving pinheads with no professionalism whatsoever....OK, Im speaking for myself.

If you do plan and post up, and need more then 150 plus games, plenty of us open our doors to fellow collectors to play.

If timing is off, we have another show in the fall, timed with IAPPA, where we hope Star Trek will be unveiled.

Both are a blast!!!
    (Hope you and everyone else can come!)

#3 10 years ago

Yup, how can you pass up on a gaming show in Florida at any time

All the biggest new titles, some cool rarities, a sanctioned pinball tourney, cool vid tourney and about 150 machines has to be fun! I'll have a bunch of my video games, couple of pinballs and Hercules there.

#4 10 years ago

Do they have a good selection of vendors selling pinball stuff (parts, mods, etc.)? I looked at the site but did not see a list of vendors like I did for the Allentown show. Just curious!

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from gamestencils:

Yup, how can you pass up on a gaming show in Florida at any time
    All the biggest new titles, some cool rarities, a sanctioned pinball tourney, cool vid tourney and about 150 machines has to be fun! I'll have a bunch of my video games, couple of pinballs and Hercules there.

Are you lifting Hercules Yourself?????

I believe Little Shop of Games will be there, although I believe placing orders ahead of time will help because of the depth of inventory carried.
    There will be a new LED Company showing new products to the market, and great pricing.

#6 10 years ago

Logistics of moving hercules aren't quite nailed yet, but I believe the masses will be helping me out big time People need to come out to this show if you're anywhere in the fl/ga/alabama area as local shows need support to survive!

I can't wait to get some LED's and goodies from little shop of games.

#7 10 years ago

I was a little on the fence originally, but you guys have talked me into it. I am a pin gal, not really interested in the vids, but I think my husband will enjoy them. My daughter just gave me that look, like really, a pin show on our vacation! She will get over it. I will have to go on Little Shop of Games website and see what they have that I may need. I am glad we are driving. I will have to make sure there is a little extra room in the car because I do tend to shop at these shows.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darlene:

I was browsing the site last night & I noticed Game Warp is coming up at the end of the month in Orlando, FL. Is it worth the trip? About how many pins are usually there? Just trying to decide if I should swing by when I am in the area.

If you are in the area, then there is no reason not to stop by!

There are lots of pins to play-I know many of the collectors who bring their games.

Curly from Little Shop of Games will be there-he is local to the Orlando area. He usually has the newest offerings of Stern pins set up for people to play and this year it is possible WOZ will also be there.

There is a sanctioned IFPA tournament. Cash prizes and trophies are available. With there being only 2 shows left in the state (GW July and SPF in Nov.), the battle for the top 16 places in the Florida State Pinball Championship Series is heating up.

Lastly, if you like pinball and are on vacation in Orlando the last weekend in July, there is no other place in Orlando you will find so many pins to play

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Lastly, if you like pinball and are on vacation in Orlando the last weekend in July, there is no other place in Orlando you will find so many pins to play

I have to admit that is true. Last year we made it a point to check out all the arcades in the parks & were disappointed that there was not more, or when we did find them they were not in great shape.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-warp-is-it-worth-the-trip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.