Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tomthetank
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi have,a creature of the black lagoon pinball and all of a sudden it will turn off and come back on during play no actual pattern to the problem. I'm not a electronic wiz so if you can let me know what to use for a possible voltage problem please let me know. Thanks in advance. Tom

#3 3 years ago

does it happen if you hit both flipper at the same time?

#4 3 years ago

I'm no electrical mastermind either but I have found on my STTNG that loose connectors / ribbons can play some pretty crazy tricks on you. If you haven't already, the easiest thing to start with is unplug and reseat each ribbon cable on your boards.

mittens

#5 3 years ago

Just had this issue with my CFTBL. Turned out to be numerous problems with the power driver board. The game and the electronics are pushing 20 years old so your board could be due for a refresher. Components don't last forever. I had John Wart rebuild mine. Best money I've spent on a pin in a while.

Start by reading about WPC resets on PinWiki. Lots of good info there.

#6 3 years ago

This is the most common issue in the book. This happens due to a combination of poor design and age of the components. At some point it happens to every single Williams/Bally game from that era.

Study up on "WPC reset issues". Start here:
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

#7 3 years ago

These are known as the game resetting. Usually caused by power dropping too low especially the 5 volts to the CPU board.

Start by reseating all of the cables. But if the game has not had any work done to the post driver board there are components prone to failure after this much time. Electrolytic capacitors dry out and bridge rectifiers fail.

All of the information is out there since most of the classic Bally / Williams games have eventually experienced this issue. Start with those cables and read about "game resets Bally Williams". Then figure out you comfort lever for doing the work yourself or sending it out.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

does it happen if you hit both flipper at the same time?

Sometimes, just as you hit the one or sometimes both flippers, and sometimes no. Happened about 6 times in 15 minutes. Did complete a full game between 1st time it happened and the last b4 I turned game off. Thanks tom

#9 3 years ago

Thanks to all for help. Will let you know what happens.tom

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside