Aztec_coin_s.u._(resized).JPG
Williams_1976_Aztec_Instruction_Manual_17_Work_(resized).jpg
20160809_221114[1]_(resized).jpg
20160809_220428[1]_(resized).jpg
Aztec_(resized).JPG
0Argosy-pinside-AZTEC-Work1_(resized).jpg
Argosy_Ball_Index_(resized).jpg
zzAztec-Work-6_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonora70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

I do not have a copy of the schematic.....Williams machines typically have a ball count unit that is normally close to the coin unit. Have you manually operated and cleaned all the units? A very common problem is the grease (that shouldn't be on them!) hardens and freezes the units keeping them from stepping. I would start with manually operating both units to ensure they are stepping. The coin unit and the ball count unit work together in that regard.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I have manually stepped both the coin unit and the ball count unit. They both seem to step and reset cleanly. Looking at the schematic, seems like I may have a problem at the score motor? Does the score motor usually have problems? And finally, how does someone adjust switches on the score motor. Looks like I would have to take the whole thing out if that is the case.

I'm wondering if this is related to my play count going up more than one. Also while "playing" it seems like the bonus does not go up correctly (but maybe its working, I don't know all the rules yet). Sometimes the machine also tries to reset the drop targets more than once. I think I may have a few issues here
More time studying the schematic I guess.

The short answer is yes....score motor switches do need to be adjusted/cleaned sometime. I use a dental mirror and a flashlight to try to see the switches. With the game off and unplugged, manually turn the wheels and watch the switch in question if you can. Score motor switches can drive you crazy!!! When ever I have a tough situation I will remove the entire motor board so that I can get on eye level with the switches. It takes a little extra time to do it, but it has also saved me lots of time. One tip......make sure all of the switch stack screws are tight. They will work themselves loose therefore not allowing all the switches to work correctly.

#22 7 years ago

A useful tool in this situation is a jumper wire to eliminate each switch and work your way forward or backwards. Meaning, you could begin by "jumping" across the outhole relay to see what results you get. You can do this by connecting the jumper to the yellow wire feeding the make break switch on the outhole relay then connecting to the red and green (? can't see it well on the schematic) on the extra ball relay. Try it, if it works correctly the problem is with a switch on the outhole relay. If no change then move the jumper from the yellow wire over to the red -white wire on the switch of the ball index relay, this would rule out the ex ball relay and so on....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonora70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-start-up-help-no-scoring-or-flippers?tu=Sonora70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.