2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by EJS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

#1- Auto generate a new game thread

When new games come out there are always several "clubs" or threads regarding the game. One typically becomes the popular one and the others die off, but it stinks trying to follow all the threads in the beginning. What if there was an "official" Pinside generated club for new game releases?

#2- Sub-threads in the Game Specific thread

Often times I'll see 100 new posts in a thread. Sometimes I just give up when I see that many. I could see it broken up into sub categories.
    1. Game hype/ New game arrival/ Game anticipation
    2. Troubleshooting/ Tech
    3. Playing Strategy/ Code
    4. Mods

I would likely turn off option #1 after I get my game if the thread is getting busy. It could also be a cool search feature. There was a mod listed in the Godzilla thread I liked, but now it's buried in over 3k posts. If I could sort by only mods, I'd probably only be searching through a few hundred.

The website being popular is a good problem to have, keep up the great work!

1 month later
    #3 2 years ago

I'm kinda surprised nobody chimed in on this. I'd like to add

5. Pro vs Premium/LE

Because I'm so sick of it in every game thread. It would be nice to shut every post related to that off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-specific-threads-suggestion?tu=Shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.