2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pins4u
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5F02007B-DA10-4841-AC04-575136542BF9 (resized).jpeg
    flipper_wiring_diagram.jpg
    1E40A4F0-3F04-463D-983F-BA093043E96B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DumbAss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Toluqueno369:

I was looking at the manual that showed which transistor belong to the flippers but it doesn’t show which one. <snip> Any suggestions?

This is the flipper wiring diagram. Page 3-20 of the manual.

flipper_wiring_diagram.jpgflipper_wiring_diagram.jpg

A common cause of what you're describing is an incorrectly gap (likely too close) between the EOS contacts.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Toluqueno369:

So I took your advice and opened them. I left a 1/16 of a gap and it worked for a bit, played a few games and the fuse popped again. I grossly opened it and to my surprise the flipper worked however this time the fuse almost instantly popped.

Two things:

1. The EOS in The Game Show is a normally CLOSED switch. The gap applies to when the flipper hits the end of the stroke not when the flipper is at rest. Fliptronic flippers are normally open.
    2. What I see in your attached image is that your flipper solenoid is not wired correctly. Look closely at the wiring diagram and at the way your flipper solenoid is wired.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DumbAss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-show-has-dead-flipper?tu=DumbAss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.