Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by halpain24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Ok, so this question is for a friend. He played this game fine on site and picked it up today to drive home. (8 hours). Now that he is home on some boot ups it states adjust failure, on others it says factory settings and he can navigate the menu but the flippers and slings are active while doing so. I suggested first thing to replace the batteries on the board and he did but still has the same issue. Any ideas? Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Also just a test I ran with him. I had him change the special award to ball and turn the game off and on to see if it changed back and it did not. So I dont know but I would assume that means his batteries and memory are fine. Also found out that when he boots with the door open is when it says "Factory Settings" and when he boots with the door closed is when it says adjust failure.

#3 9 years ago

Battery holder may be bad. A common failure. Pull the batteries out and inspect the contacts. If any are broken or missing, replace the holder. Ideally, you'll use a holder off the board so if the batteries leak, you don't ruin the board.

If that is above his/your skill level, and you need help, let me know.

#4 9 years ago

I have put a battery pack on before. But I haven't gotten to look at his machine. Doing this all over the phone right now. Looks like we are both headed in the same direction though. Thanks for the input.

#5 9 years ago

It's also possible that the battery holder is corroded, and that's causing a connecting point to be unreliable. Take a close look at all 6 legs of the battery holder.

#6 9 years ago

It'll say either adjust failure or factory settings depending on whether the coin door is open or not, typical sign on battery issues. Like suggested probably needs a new battery holdet, cleaning up corrosion may work too depending on the damage

1 week later
#7 9 years ago

I had this same problem when I bought mine. The batteries had never been taken out, so they were all corroded and the battery pack itself and broken off from the board. I had my tech mount a new battery pack to the inside of the cabinet and wire it to the board. You’ll still have to go through and set up all your game adjustments, but when you power off and then back on, they will be saved.

#8 9 years ago

Went through the cabinet. Someone had hacked one of the battery pack prongs with a wire. I had him replace with a cabinet mounted battery pack. Issue is resolved now. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Powell, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-show-boot-issues-adjust-failure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.