• Latest reply 1 year ago by Pinphila
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Unknown-5 (resized).jpeg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

We can promote Bond... I will get moderated now, but a prominent character, was pus** galore....

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

You are dealing with 50ish primadonnas who live in their own world where they either trade within their clique or think that it’s totally normal to show up with $10k “cash on glass” (an idiotic term based on an era where these machines sold for cheap like 1 month old stale bread) to a total stranger. You will be ridiculed.
There’s an incredible sellers’ arrogance at the moment. But it is what it is and neither sellers nor buyers are entitled to their preferred terms so if you can’t find a seller who agrees to your reasonable requests for a $10k transaction then you can’t buy that game.
The only result of complaining on pinside is a circle jerk of the old dudes here and you lose “reputation” (if this matters to you). This happens regularly so it’s kinda pointless to vent about this silly market.

And if you think I am a fan boy or a circle jerker, take more than your 6 second attention span, and look into my history! I have been moderated, and tossed from more posts, that you have even seen. Take another hit dude!

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

There's questions and then there is overkill.
I'd have to see what you are asking before responding, but yes:
Dealing on the marketplace with strangers and long distance buyers/sellers is only for the thick skinned pinhead.
When your profile and buying/selling/comments/feedback history is all blank:
You are far less likely to be trusted, and will get far more Q's than you probably deserve.[quoted image]

More questions I expect with zero feedback. I’ve been buying and selling for decades. Check my feedback. I must be a scammer. Geezus. I haven’t sold through Pinside in over 10 years. MUCH larger world out here.

#54 1 year ago

Well, someone is bitter. Let's try answering the question or atleast give some advise to help out instead of name calling.

The idea of a rude seller is funny to me as you don't really know what that person is like behind the keyboard. Just because someone isn't responding the way you anticipated doesn't mean they are rude. You need to look at it from their point of view. Like has been mentioned before, there could be 10 people lined up to buy a game. If I have someone asking lots of questions and some else telling me "I'll take it, send me an address I'll bring cash", what one are you gonna respond to?

There is a Stargate 45 minutes from me right now at a decent price and the person has someone running up this morning to "look" at it. Could have run up last night with cash for them but they are working with the people in order they responded. Was told it was mine if they didn't take it. If I get the call, do you think I'm going to ask for more pictures or have more questions? NO.

If your the person who needs to have a perfect game, order nothing but new in box or you are gonna need to go and physically check out the game. Be warned that your gonna miss out on ALOT of games if you do that. Those of us who have been doing this for a while, already have a good idea of EXACLY what we are getting just by the age of the game, the era, and maybe 10% the description and pics. It is a seller's market still but not only that, it's a decisive person's market too. Sellers in general don't wanna talk about selling a game they wanna sell the game. Path of least resistance.

#55 1 year ago

I am normally an introverted, socially awkward person. If I can manage to buy and sell games here, so can you. Every time ive really wanted something, I made it happen. Dont low ball, don't ask redundant questions, and most importantly, be willing to take a road trip.

Sometimes you wont get responses, and in your case, your chances are even less likely now.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Op blocked me just for engaging in the post.... Absolutely disgusting! Not that I would ever engage on a personal level, clearly indicative, of the current state of affairs!

Fucking for real. By making a thread like this and seeing posts like yours isn't going to gain the OP the repetition he wants.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Fucking for real. By making a thread like this and seeing posts like yours isn't going to gain the OP the repetition he wants.

He's only been on a few weeks. He will just toss this account and start fresh.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

He's only been on a few weeks. He will just toss this account and start fresh.

Put me in a room with ten man children. I’ll whip them into shape right quick.

Remember, this ain’t a beatin, it’s a whoopin. Big difference. What the hell Daddies these days doing with their kids?

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Tallon:

It is a seller's market still but not only that, it's a decisive person's market too. Sellers in general don't wanna talk about selling a game they wanna sell the game. Path of least resistance.

Buying & selling have always been a Texas Hold'em All-In with cash. If some new to the hobby are expecting to Venmo into the game, they're at the wrong table.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Buying & selling have always been a Texas Hold'em All-In with cash. If some new to the hobby are expecting to Venmo into the game, they're at the wrong table.

Amen Reverend. Hard lesson to learn that the world ain’t bending to their whim and mom was wrong telling them they’re beautiful unique gifts to the world. Earn that shit.

#61 1 year ago

it all makes sense once you’ve sold a couple games outside of pinside (CL, FB), and have dealt with the deluge of mouth breathing, tire kicking, shit brained bozos that come out of the woodwork.

Pinside market typically provides a more knowledgeable and experienced buyer base, and because of that, less BS during the transaction. But, if someone with no track record here starts to hint at that classic “tire kicker, time wasting mentality” then you can expect reasonably short patience even from the most trusted sellers. There are plenty of other people to buy the game.

Additionally, Of course you can’t ever fully trust sending some stranger $12k for something you’ve never seen in person. So if the listing doesn’t give the info you want, and the seller doesn’t want to play ball, just move on.

That’s why you buy local games in person.

it’s not like it’s some rare life saving medication being withheld by rude, manipulative, and condescending sellers. It’s a $12k toy…

#62 1 year ago

Before I joined Pinside I was searching online for a certain Machine.I was directed to an ad on pinside where I offered full price.The seller decided to take a local cash offer after I had offered full price 1st.I was livid.
My offer was a wire transfer and I needed shipping.Bottom line is what are Your expectations as a Buyer and what is Reality.Many join and dont know how Pinside really works.Its NOT EBAY where 1st offer wins.
This is a process and if You spend the time Building Bridges It will help overall with Your Pinside experience.I am Happy now the seller said and politely No Thanks,He was right to go with what his comfort meter told Him.Lesson learned arrogant posts from a person who is New will get You Roasted.Ask me how I know.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from JJDK:

What about the time I wasted in trying to get the deal. Asking questions, getting shipping costs. And when I ask for more photos I get the rude response. I was seriously attempting to secure the game. I don’t need to be talked to like I am just wasting their time. I guess just send the money, ask no questions, and potentially get scammed. Big post about watch out for scammers and reality is the scam is in trying to legitimately secure a game. Because I am new to pinside. That’s really nuts.

As often it's a matter of perspective and it depends on how reasonable the questions are, something you omit to mention in details

I sold a game 6 months ago, guess it was a hot one, I put 20 something pictures, disclosed everything I could think of in the text, got a dozen DMs from people, half of them asking for shipping costs.

Practically it meant asking Michelle for 6 different quotes to 6 different places, something neither she nor me have the time to do, I also got two who asked for pictures of the corners of the inside of the cabinet, guess they feared it was a Ratatouille party in there. I didn't want to lift the playfield again for something where the simple answer was "It's clean like a baby's butt" which is what I said.

I might have sounded rude in answering like that, but truth is there's also a limit to what is reasonable to ask to a seller.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

And if you think I am a fan boy or a circle jerker, take more than your 6 second attention span, and look into my history! I have been moderated, and tossed from more posts, that you have even seen. Take another hit dude!

Nobody cares.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Dont low ball, don't ask redundant questions, and most importantly, be willing to take a road trip.

THIS.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I am normally an introverted, socially awkward person. If I can manage to buy and sell games here, so can you. Every time ive really wanted something, I made it happen. Dont low ball, don't ask redundant questions, and most importantly, be willing to take a road trip.
Sometimes you wont get responses, and in your case, your chances are even less likely now.

What's your definition of a redundant question? Just asking......

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:You are dealing with 50ish primadonnas who live in their own world where they either trade within their clique or think that it’s totally normal to show up with $10k “cash on glass” (an idiotic term based on an era where these machines sold for cheap like 1 month old stale bread) to a total stranger. You will be ridiculed.
There’s an incredible sellers’ arrogance at the moment. But it is what it is and neither sellers nor buyers are entitled to their preferred terms so if you can’t find a seller who agrees to your reasonable requests for a $10k transaction then you can’t buy that game.
The only result of complaining on pinside is a circle jerk of the old dudes here and you lose “reputation” (if this matters to you). This happens regularly so it’s kinda pointless to vent about this silly market.

Says the guy with no location, no address verification and no feedback. You are setting a steller example for the OP bro....nice job.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Says the guy with no location, no address verification and no feedback. You are setting a steller example for the OP bro....nice job.

It's because this is likely the account of someone previously banned.

#69 1 year ago

1.) ask all questions at once in your initial message. When selling a popular title a seller gets tons of messages and are not going to go back and forth one question at a time. Especially if they are active in the pinball scene where odds are a local buyer will show up and play it for 5 minutes and either hand them cash or leave.

2.) the market right now means more buyers with money than games for sell for a lot of titles. Expect rude sellers in a sellers market and rude buyers in a buyers market. This applies to buying and selling anything. The asshole to market advantage equivalent ratio is like death and taxes.

3.) grok that way more buyers flake then sellers. When selling high ticket items the amount of ghost, no shows, lasts second haggle attempts, etc burns out sellers quickly and the smallest red flag, even yellow flag, is enough to spook them. Especially in a luxury market when 99.9% of sellers don’t “need” to sell at all. Try and proactively address potential concerns upfront, share numbers, talk on the phone, FaceTime whatever. This helps build trust both ways.

4.) cash and wire transfers are king! There are too many loopholes in paypal, venmo, etc to trust strangers for “high ticket” items and every platform disadvantages the sellers in terms of protection. If your not comfortable taking $10k+ in cash to someones house then negotiate a wire transfer, go to bank together and transfer funds in person, meet in a safe place to exchange money for game, or find a trusted venue to broker the transaction for a fee.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

As often it's a matter of perspective and it depends on how reasonable the questions are, something you omit to mention in details
I sold a game 6 months ago, guess it was a hot one, I put 20 something pictures, disclosed everything I could think of in the text, got a dozen DMs from people, half of them asking for shipping costs.
Practically it meant asking Michelle for 6 different quotes to 6 different places, something neither she nor me have the time to do, I also got two who asked for pictures of the corners of the inside of the cabinet, guess they feared it was a Ratatouille party in there. I didn't want to lift the playfield again for something where the simple answer was "It's clean like a baby's butt" which is what I said.
I might have sounded rude in answering like that, but truth is there's also a limit to what is reasonable to ask to a seller.

I don’t quote shipping costs. That’s on the buyer to setup. I will work with buyer loading on pallet, strapping, plastic wrap, blanketing, whatever they want, pics sent of process, it’s their risk at that time, so they feel more comfort in the sale.

#71 1 year ago

Everything I have just read in these 2 pages of posts, is exactly why it took me 2 years to finally buy a pinball machine. Are there people posting ad pictures hiding obvious faults (yes). I found that pinball flippers, like ticket scalpers and used car salesmen, want to steal your property and then jack up the price to the unsuspecting buyer. To them it is all about the bottom line, and don't care about noobs getting burnt on their first purchase. I was lucky enough to meet a wonderful honest pinball seller within a hour driving distance. I asked to see the machine and we arranged a common time. He showed me the good and the bad. I did not take the money with me, out of fear of getting rolled. I liked what I saw and arranged another meeting to pick it up with a rented Uhaul and a neighbor with a strong back. Cash on the glass is the only way to fly for me.

#72 1 year ago

My thoughts - as a seller, it’s my prerogative on who I choose to sell to and it’s not always the one with the highest offer. I factor in the individual as well. For Pinsider’s, you better believe I look at their feedback and post histories when I’m making my decision. For external sales, I try to get as much info as I can. If it’s from Marketplace, I have my wife check since I don’t have FB.

As an example, I put a nice Playball up for sale. I had offers from Pinside and locally via FB and CL. The Pinside offers were one that would be a local area sale and the other was someone wanting to pay more and have it shipped. I would rather have the game stay on the community and not having to worry about shipping it made the options a bit easier. When I found out the person in the area was getting it to give to their father who loves EMs and runs a baseball stadium, it was a perfect fit. The transaction today couldn’t have been smoother.

As far as potential buyers asking a ton of questions, it’s no concern to me if they do as I can simply choose to go another direction and exclude them.

Now, as a buyer - it is frustrating when you have someone not responsive when I have a question, so I remember that when I’m selling.

#73 1 year ago

Looking for a rude buyer for my Stern Playboy.

#74 1 year ago

IZf your getting the wrong vide from a seller, then just stay away.

I see both sides, so ill explain my view

When i post a game for sale, i generally have around 25 pictures of the game, and if i notice any bad area, i am sure to show that in a picture. So if i get a question asking for more pics, I just will say if the 25 isnt good enough, then just come look at the machine yourself because i dont think that 1 more picture will make you decide

If i get asked a hundred questions from a new member. If it is about a stern game, (or any other recent release) I will take the time, but will ask them to call because i dont want tohave 100 emails back and forth. If it is about a old SS game, i will probably tell them that its not the game for them, If they know nothing about a game, i personally would prefer that they find someone in their local area that might hold their hand through a purchase as they are going to have even more questions after after purchasing, if that make sense

Some questions are hard to answer to. I get asked things like. Do you think my kids will like the game? well, i dont know your kids, their interest, or even if they like you to want to be around you playing a agame. Now if someone says that they have young children, yes i will say that a tmnt might be better than a bond because of theme

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Looking for a rude buyer for my Stern Playboy.

I'll give you $1k and you arrange shipping

I actually like playing that game

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Seems to me that it really is difficult to trust anyone selling on the marketplace. Not willing to provide answers to questions about what they are selling and providing additional information or photos. When it doesn’t go their way they get snide, rude and it is obvious there is an issue. Do you just send anyone $12,000 without verifying what you are buying? If you ask too many questions, you are a new pinsider and don’t have the right to ask more questions. REALLY? I am going to send you $12,000 and trust the game will be sent to me or it is in the condition you say it is. HUO and pristine. REALLY? Give me an example of where you would trust someone sight unseen for that amount of money? And then get ridiculed for asking normal questions. More to come. Buyer beware. Sad for the totally legit sellers out there. The old saying, TRUST BUT VERIFY!!

I take the time and make much effort to write up every detail about work done on pin and I will supply plenty of high quality photos and try to accommodate the buyer any way I can. But it is true that some noobs to the hobby can be difficult to work with simply because they lack knowledge and experience and have false expectations. I have made mistakes myself with sellers in the past simply because of false assumptions. This is the learning curve at work. Golden rule is to be patient (can be difficult at first) as good things come to those who have patience.
Good luck!

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I'll give you $1k and you arrange shipping
I actually like playing that game

It is a fun game. It's a Gomez game and the ramps are a dead giveaway.

#78 1 year ago

No location, I won’t waste my time. Put in your location if you want to be taken seriously given you are here less than a year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-selling-fraudsters/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.