Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago

It's tough. If you setup a specific time to come and purchase the machine, then I think the seller has an obligation to let you see the machine at that time. I'm not sure that was the case with this transaction. Perhaps the seller should have been more clear and said, "If it's still available you are welcome to see it, but I am not going to hold it for you without a deposit." Likewise, I'm not likely to hold it for someone that's still asking questions. To me that an indication they are unsure or want to haggle on the price. So in this case, if I were the seller, I would have probably taken the cash. Not specific to pinball, but in my area it seems like for every person that says they want an item only one in three will actually show up. There are also times when you can get flooded with offers and it's hard to keep track of who's who. There are of course exceptions to this. I know the person at all, including just an acquaintance on Pinside, I'm probably going to be more trusting that they will show up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-selling-etiquette?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.