Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brtlkat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

If you weren't out in MA, I would think maybe we got screwed over by the same guy.

Who was it? These guys do travel around the US. This may help so others do not have to deal with this type of person.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

That there pretty much sums it up. If I had a nickle for every "serious" buyer who was coming to buy my game, but then never shows up, or shows up and offers a stupid low price, I could buy all the NIB games I wanted! As a seller, I owe nothing to a voice on the phone making promises. Unless I or a friend knows him, or unless he sends a deposit, or says "I'll take it, assuming it is in person as it appears in the pics", then the first guy to show up with the cash gets it. When someone starts asking me my "best price" before even seeing the game in person, I know immediately they are going to be a royal pain in the butt to deal with, and I am already mentally starting to look at the next guy on the list. Who called first means nothing to me. What matters is a caller who knows what the game is worth, says they are serious at my price or close to it, and says they will be there right away. Only if I get several people in that category will I give preference to the first person who called. And no preference at all to people who will buy the game after they sell their whatever, once they talk to their wife etc etc etc.
    I once had a very nice Centigrade 37 for sale at a high but reasonable price for what it was. I got several interested inquiries but the one who successfully got the game was a well known collector several states away who emailed me to say, "There is already a $300 Paypal deposit in your account. I will be there with the rest of the cash this weekend." Now THAT'S someone who is SERIOUS!

How serious can they be without your paypal info Seems like he already had that info

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brtlkat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-selling-etiquette?tu=brtlkat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.