Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grayman_EM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 5 years ago

tomdrum sorry to hear about your possible sale. Being both buyer and seller, this seller isn't one I would deal with after his action. Yes I know cash is king, but how you deal with a seller says a lot about YOU. His ability not to hold the pin until you looked at it after you asked for directions and such just states this fact. Lots of sellers are like this but I go with a if you called you have first look. Just me.

1 week later
    #71 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

It's interesting to me that some of you won't deal with a person that talks money before seeing the item in person. If I'm talking with someone about buying their machine, I usually ask about price before I see it in person. I'll typically look at the pictures ask any questions I have then talk price. Then if we agree on a price I tell the seller I'll take it as long as it is as described. This has worked out well and only one time did I show up and the machine was nowhere near the condition expected. On that one occasion I told the seller I could not pay what we discussed for xy and z reasons and walked away (multiple items did not work and it did a factory reset upon startup which was not disclosed). All other purchases I have showed up looked at the machine and handed over the cash as agreed upon. I have even used this method to purchase other items, including a boat, without issue.
    As far as this situation is concerned, I have no problem with what the seller did here. Although I would have just sent you a message saying it was sold.

Monk I do also as what condition he states may not be your condition upon seeing it. I have even given money back to the buyer after I have the money as the buyers wife pointed out a point that I did not see at first.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grayman_EM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-selling-etiquette?tu=Grayman_EM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.