4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gotemwill
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I recently portioned off a section of my basement to build a game room. I made it as big as I could, leaving room at the time for a couple more machines to be added over time. Less than 6 months later, those slots have been filled (of course). “Build it and they will come” appears to apply here as well.

My question for the Pinside community relates to a matter of strategy moving forward. I’ve been working under the premise that I’m going to have to sell something to get my next machine (which leads to all kinds of hard choices). And then it occurred to me that I could have a few machines in storage and rotate them into the game room lineup as I see fit based on what I’m into playing at the time.

I’m interested in hearing the pros and cons from your experience on either of these strategies (selling versus swapping) before I sell something and regret it or find myself painted into a corner with surplus games that don’t get played!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

So you planned for a maximum of four pins when you partitioned off your game room?
    It's time to think expansion. Pins don't mind being in dining rooms or living rooms.

I have a 1948 Exhibit Supply “New Contact” and a 1956 Williams Crane game in addition to the ones listed in my profile. So I made enough room for six games. Plus a few more if I want to get rid of the couch.

I appreciate the advice on trading, too. I hadn’t previously considered that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotemwill.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-strategy-sell-or-swap?tu=Gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.