(Topic ID: 173638)

Game room sign @ Hobby Lobby

By Melbourne

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2184 (resized).JPG
    bulb (resized).jpg
    game_sign2 (resized).jpg
    game_sign (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AtTheArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

Sorry to bump an older thread but I had a question about the bulbs used in these types of signs.

I purchased the arcade sign from Bed Bath & Beyond and just put it up last week. It looks great so thanks to Melbourne for pointing it out! The only think I don't like about it are there bulbs it came with. The website said the bulbs had a warm glow and the photo of the sign showed the bulbs as a warm color too but the bulbs I received are the blueish cool white color. I figured I could easily swap them out for some warm bulbs but I haven't been able to find any bulbs like this.

I know it's a G40 Globe with an E12 Candelabra Base but I'm not sure about the wattage I need since it is running off of batteries. The bulb uses what looks like a through hole LED indicator light that you'd see on a PCB. I'll attached a photo in case that helps. Anyone know where I can get something like this or what I need to type in Amazon or Google to get something like this to pop up? When I search I'm finding other types of lights that are 5 watts or around there. I imagine these bulbs are much less than that since the sign has to power five of them on a couple of AA batteries.

bulb (resized).jpgbulb (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from lilltlc:

Did anyone get an EXTRA Arcade sign? I have an EXTRA Game Room sign to trade.

There's a listing for the arcade one on Amazon but it's $60 instead of the BB&B price of $40. That's probably not super helpful to you but here's the link just in case: https://www.amazon.com/Arcade-Arrow-Double-Marquee-Lights/dp/B01NB9MGWS/ref=sr_1_3

Quoted from modfather:

That bulb looks like a 25 watt G16 clear bulb. G40s are really big ( 5inch diameter) They also sell them in a half mirrored bulb that could look cool in that sign.

lilltlc is right, that's an LED in there. This sign runs off of a few AA's so it'd have to be a very low wattage bulb for those batteries to power five bulbs. I'm assuming they are under a watt but I can't find them anywhere and I've spent a good bit of time looking. As far as the size, from what I've read online, it's a G40. Everything I've seen online says that a G40 is 1.5 inches and that's the diameter of this bulb.

The hunt continues. If anyone knows anything about these types of bulbs let me know!

#19 7 years ago

This is the best match I've been able to come up with so far: http://www.paperlanternstore.com/plastic-led-light-bulb-g40-shatterproof-warm-white.html

It's .5 watts. I reached out the BB&B yesterday who emailed me this morning to say they reached out the manufacturer of the sign to get the wattage so we'll see how that goes. I'll let everyone know what I find out if I hear back. Kind of a silly project here but I just don't like that cool white look in vintage looking stuff. Call it light bulb OCD. Hah.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Brypten:

The sockets output 3 volts (DC) and the grounding of the sockets is tied to the sign itself. If you want better/brighter light, new sockets and a larger power source will be required.

Thanks! I'm not looking for a better or brighter light. I'm just wanting to find the same exact bulb with a warm color temp instead of cool. I prefer the warm look on bulbs that are supposed to be vintage. It's a minor gripe but if I can find warm bulbs that will work in this sign I'll swap them out in a heartbeat.

2 weeks later
    #25 7 years ago

I finally heard back from Bed Bath & Beyond about the bulbs used in these signs. Here's what they said:

The wattage is 0.1 watt for the LED bulbs of item#47201354.

Other info is as below:
    Power: 0.1 watt
    Volgate:3 V
    Type:Bulb light, Dia of bulb body =40mm
    Base type:E12
    Light source:LED
    Body material :Glass

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AtTheArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-sign-hobby-lobby?tu=AtTheArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.