Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CBB2BD50-58B6-4DDD-9316-04EB5E20D5EB (resized).jpeg
    20190710_165832 (resized).jpg
    20190710_165915 (resized).jpg
    20190712_214720 (resized).jpg
    20190710_165856 (resized).jpg
    20190712_214720 (resized).jpg
    20190703_204758 (resized).jpg
    20190703_204758 (resized).jpg
    20190711_221652 (resized).jpg
    20190711_221714 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

I second what Dave said. Nobody in history has ever said, "Darn, I ran too many wires..." I have Cat5e and RG6QS all over my theater and game room. Most of it never gets used, but it's good that it's there, just in case.

For power, I have a 20A circuit just for my pins (I can only fit 5 in my space, max). Lights have their own circuit. Theater equipment closet has its own circuit. And the rest of the outlets in the theater have their own circuit. Overkill, for sure, but again, why not?

Regarding low-voltage stuff, if you're building new, instead of running wires to places you don't need yet, you might want to consider installing conduit. That way in the future, you can simply pull whatever wires you want through that. I have a conduit in the theater going from the projector to the equipment closet, and another one from the equipment closet to the central area in the house. The builder also installed conduit from the central area to the attic - which is great, if I ever want to run any cables to literally any room on the second floor. I haven't used it, but I'm glad it's there, and conduit is even cheaper than cable to install.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-power-basics?tu=fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.