(Topic ID: 48208)

Game Room Photos and Video Updated 11-21-15

By blimpey

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00895.jpg
    DSC00897.jpg
    DSC00893.jpg
    DSC00889.jpg
    DSC00890.jpg
    DSC00888.jpg
    DSC00887.jpg
    DSC00886.jpg
    DSC00885.jpg
    DSC00884.jpg
    DSC00881.jpg
    DSC00882.jpg
    DSC00883.jpg
    DSC00879.jpg
    DSC00878.jpg
    DSC00870.jpg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

It's been about two years since I have posted any photos to this thread. See page 2 for what's current.

I finally got around to taking some photos, and a video of my game room. I've been working on it for the past couple of years.

I had sold almost my entire collection of 18 pins 3 1/2 years ago to help buy this house. I am still rebuilding, but doubt that MM, CV, MB, AFM, will make it back with what has happened with prices since I sold them.

DSCN4367.JPGDSCN4367.JPG DSCN4371.JPGDSCN4371.JPG DSCN4372.JPGDSCN4372.JPG DSCN4374.JPGDSCN4374.JPG DSCN4375.JPGDSCN4375.JPG DSCN4376.JPGDSCN4376.JPG

#2 10 years ago

more

DSCN4377.JPGDSCN4377.JPG DSCN4379.JPGDSCN4379.JPG DSCN4380.JPGDSCN4380.JPG DSCN4381.JPGDSCN4381.JPG

#3 10 years ago

a few more

DSCN4382.JPGDSCN4382.JPG DSCN4383.JPGDSCN4383.JPG DSCN4385.JPGDSCN4385.JPG

#4 10 years ago

I just picked my bottom jaw up off the floor! Wow man just wow!

#5 10 years ago

Seriously, I don't know what to say, that is way to cool. All kinds of awesome right there.

#6 10 years ago

wow, i think i never saw a real public arcade that nice, this is simply incredible.

i'm very very jealous right now...

#7 10 years ago

wow.... just wow! lovin this gameroom. just too many cool things (esp the tron stuff). love that edot in the middle of the room, dig the space paranoids neon as well as the poster. the bbb wall art is frigin sweet too. is the ex disney artist a family friend?? i love how it all glows too, goes really well with the carpeting.

#8 10 years ago

Ummmmm, yes please. This room deserves its own thread.

#9 10 years ago

Wild stuff!!! What a house!!! The ceiling height is huge.This ain't no ordinary house.

Congratulations,fantastic set up - shock and awe!

#10 10 years ago

I love the Flinstones kiddy section....overall a very nice game room(one of the best I have ever seen). Great job

#11 10 years ago

Awesome.. I that the basement?

#12 10 years ago

amazing! ...well done man!

#13 10 years ago

Blimpey the game room is blow away. I almost bought your pinball magic back when you were funding the house. The wall art is so cool.

Thanks for sharing.

Mk

#14 10 years ago

F'n awesome. Question: Do the lighted translites cause glare on the PF glass being that high above the pins?

#15 10 years ago

I think your room takes the cake-Can I say WOW! I like all the themes you got going on. Really like custom painted water boilers to tie in with BBB. Also the huge BBB mural-Wow! Very tasteful and cool. From walls to carpet to variety-well done sir.

#17 10 years ago

Need a live in tech? I sleep under machines so I don't take up much space

#18 10 years ago

Pretty F'n cool man....congrats to you. You have a EDOT! Bastard.

Yes need info on house setup. Those ceilings are huge and it looks like there is a garage door on one end? Is this a converted garage?

#19 10 years ago

Wow...... that's friggin awesome!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sgtmax:

Awesome.. Is that the basement?

I was wondering the same thing. Such high ceilings! It really opens up the space.

Quoted from pinmister:

Really like custom painted water boilers to tie in with BBB.

Just what I was thinking too! Great theme integration with one of your grail pins!

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I love The Flinstones kiddy section.

Nice that you've thought about the whole family.

Very inspiring and thanks for sharing!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#21 10 years ago

Very, very, very Awesome!

#22 10 years ago

Unreal!

#23 10 years ago

Thank you for all of the great compliments!

Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

wow.... is the ex disney artist a family friend?? i love how it all glows too, goes really well with the carpeting.

There is a local indoor "Monster" mini golf course that is done in all black light. Their UV light artist is the retired Disney artist. He had been with Disney for 20 years. It was really cool to see his portfolio of work he had done in the Park. I hired him to do the BBB mural, Bar sign, Bar bottles, and some other black light reactive work in the game room.

Quoted from SealClubber:

F'n awesome. Question: Do the lighted translites cause glare on the PF glass being that high above the pins?

I suprisingly don't get any glare on the pins along the long wall. I was getting some glare on the pins under the mural so I moved most of my invisiglass to those pins and no glare now.

Quoted from Flake49:

Pretty F'n cool man....congrats to you. You have a EDOT! Bastard.
    Yes need info on house setup. Those ceilings are huge and it looks like there is a garage door on one end? Is this a converted garage?

The house has a nine car insulated garage with double deep spaces. I kept a three car garage, and developed the rest into the game room. The house was originally built with the intent to have a 1/2 basketball court.

Down the road I plan on building out and adding another 700sq'. Along with that project I want to create a second level in an open horse shoe shape that would extend from the perimeter walls like an elevated cat walk using a spiral stair case.

#24 10 years ago

John, That's AWESOME! You sure put a ton of thought into your game room.

#25 10 years ago

Best gameroom ever! This is a great space you have created. Something tells me that with a space like that you could afford MM, AFM, CV, and MB again if you wanted . All kidding aside, I love your room! How did you do the Big Bang Bar water tanks?

#26 10 years ago

Are you kidding me? One of the best gamerooms I've seen. Bang up job man! I wish the video was more HD, but I'll live!

#27 10 years ago

EPIC ! from the high ceilings to the rocking carpet - great job

BTW what are the names of the 2 gun games ?

#28 10 years ago

Really really cool. I love all the decor and posters you have. Attention to detail is amazing!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I wish the video was more HD, but I'll live!

I am looking forward to adding couple new pins to the line up in June, and will re-do the video in HD.

Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

EPIC ! from the high ceilings to the rocking carpet - great job
    BTW what are the names of the 2 gun games ?

The EM gun games are Williams Ambush and Williams Stockade, both from about 1973.

#30 10 years ago

Nice work. Gorgeous room - very well done. Your neighbors must love you.

#31 10 years ago

Absolutely incredible! Puts public arcades to shame....

#32 10 years ago

Truly a sight to see. I bet you have some killer parties...you do have a party zone after all!

#33 10 years ago

Umm, your gameroom makes me feel bad about myself. All sorts of envy and covetousness.

Congrats. Looks amazing and deserving of its own thread.

#34 10 years ago

Awesome room man! Since your not that far from me, when can I come over?!

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from blimpey:

I am looking forward to adding couple new pins to the line up in June, and will re-do the video in HD.

The EM gun games are Williams Ambush and Williams Stockade, both from about 1973.

Very cool man! The HD pics look super sweet so I'm looking forward to the video!

#36 10 years ago

The Cruis'n seats are a great idea, thanks for the inspiration!

Fantastic room!

2 weeks later
    #37 10 years ago

this is an amazing game room. I would turn my entire house into something like this and just live in there if I could... ughh I need to stop dreaming of this lol

I have a question for you, where did you get those "coming soon" and "now playing" movie poster signs? Did you buy those like that? Or sort of create it yourself?

Thanks! and awesome room!

#38 10 years ago

So whens everybody coming over?

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

So whens everybody coming over?

Exactly! Party @ Johns place!

#40 10 years ago

holy smokes! Amazing room! I want those BBB tubes and signs in my room now as well

#41 10 years ago

OMG!!! You have an amazing gameroom. It reminds me of Peter Hirschberg's (former) game room with all the black light http://lunacityarcade.com/ Love the BBB mural.

#42 10 years ago

this is an amazing game room. I would turn my entire house into something like this and just live in there if I could... ughh I need to stop dreaming of this lol
    I have a question for you, where did you get those "coming soon" and "now playing" movie poster signs? Did you buy those like that? Or sort of create it yourself?
    Thanks! and awesome room!

Those are commercial theater light boxes. A home theater store was having a bankruptcy auction and I scored them there.

I did build these pictured below for my theater room. I used 2x4's wrapped in red suede with 3 36" T-8 bulbs. Only double sided posters look good light boxes.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#43 10 years ago

Speechless!

#44 10 years ago

Over the top decor for sure.

I really love the full sized tube aliens. (BBB)

Also like the pro look of your movie posters. If you die is this your heaven or does it have more stuff?

#45 10 years ago

My jaw dropped to the ground, my eyes bulged out of their sockets, I'm slobbering on my keyboard, my face turned green with envy, and I just got a rise in my levis. What a beautiful gameroom and are you taking applications at where you work?? FANTASTIC gameroom!

#46 10 years ago

Amazing! Just amazing! Love the decor. Love the selection of games. Love that you've taken the whole thing to such an extreme level of awesome.

And I'm so jealous of the EDOT.

#47 10 years ago

Your game room is AMAZING! It is reminiscent of Luna City Arcade: http://lunacityarcade.com/photos.htm Superb job!

#48 10 years ago

Speechless.

#49 10 years ago

Awesome thanks for the info on the movie posters! I think I might try my hand at making my own. Those look great.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-photos-and-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.