Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

#1 1 year ago

Hoping we can start a DIGITAL Jukebox Audio discussion for our gamerooms, some of us have the need to fill a large space with music, and there are so many solutions, but very limited on ease of use for gameroom visitors.

Please post requests for Ideas, recommendations on hardware and software, and music services that have worked for you.

#2 1 year ago

Hi all,

I am at a place with my game room that I would like to implement a Jukebox of sorts; no, not a CD or Record Jukebox, an Apple music Jukebox.

Currently I have A Sonos Connect attached to 2 Denon Audio Receivers that sends audio through out the gameroom.

What I would like to do is have a touch screen computer with software that is easy to add songs to a playlist jukebox style, so the song plays next in a series without stopping the current song, (you know, just like the good ol'days) I'm looking for something that is easy to figure out for the end user. Id also like to be able to use Apple Music to accomplish this.

I know AlbumPlayer is good for this with a personal mp3 library, but Im hoping someone here has a good resource to use a high end streaming service.

#3 1 year ago

Bump

#4 1 year ago

I have a Crosley jukebox at home. Used to use it with an older ipod touch, now I hook up to it over a bluetooth addon. I wrote about it here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/09/08/crosley-jukebox-ijuke/

Can't beat the visual part of it. I'm sure there are better actual audio setups.

#5 1 year ago

I have five different Sonos connects connected to various stereos throughout my house. They work perfectly and guests can easily use the system by downloading the app. No need to mount anything to the wall or complicated software setups. Enormous selection with Tidal and Deezer. I am going to print up some basic directions and frame them for the game room so people know which room to select and how to add to the queue.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I have a Crosley jukebox at home. Used to use it with an older ipod touch, now I hook up to it over a bluetooth addon. I wrote about it here:
http://gameroominfo.com/2017/09/08/crosley-jukebox-ijuke/
Can't beat the visual part of it. I'm sure there are better actual audio setups.

thats a great bluetooth setup, and cool to look at!

Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I have five different Sonos connects connected to various stereos throughout my house. They work perfectly and guests can easily use the system by downloading the app. No need to mount anything to the wall or complicated software setups. Enormous selection with Tidal and Deezer. I am going to print up some basic directions and frame them for the game room so people know which room to select and how to add to the queue.

I kind of have the same going on, I have a sonos connect (for the game room attached to 2 receivers), a sonos play speaker in the kitchen, a sonos one that we move around the house, and adding in a sonos connect:amp very soon to supply music to our vintage whole house intercom system. I really like the idea of having instructions for guests to connect in, but I also want a machine that allows kids and adults to browse playlists and artists and add music to the queue.

Im researching sonos Jukebox setups and I found this...

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3175?language=en_US

I don't have an iPad that is large or new enough to load the SONOS App, So Ill be dealing with that missing link soon enough.

Theres also a way to have a pc with iTunes (for personal collection and apple music) and the sonos application installed to send all audio to the sonos system, I am hoping to find a sonos supported solution for a touch screen that has the aesthetics of Jukebox style application

#7 1 year ago

I set up a couple things in game room depending on what scenario I was looking for when entertaining guest. The first part was I took an older PC that backed up many of my audio CD and ran it to a touchscreen monitor using touchjams software which has been very user friendly. It is similar to a traditional Jukebox and worked out well when I set up evening for guest to select music in room. The CPU itself runs thru a dedicated room receiver and my smart TV and Apple TV handle any streaming services when I want to have music in room with less active participation in song selections.

#8 1 year ago

http://www.touchjams.com

$50 for the full version

I'll find the solution and post it, but there is a way to send audio signal from a pc running this type of software to a sonos setup using a line capture technique

EDIT:

here it is

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/an-easy-method-to-stream-windows-pc-audio-wirelessly-to-sonos-using-a-third-party-app-6828846

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/stream-computer-audio-output-sonos/

#9 1 year ago

I have a receiver and zone controller running music throughout my game house. I would like a commercial grade wall mounted easy to use juke box. I am not technical, any ideas? Would love to buy a plug and play option.

Thanks,

Mike

2 weeks later
#10 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I have a receiver and zone controller running music throughout my game house. I would like a commercial grade wall mounted easy to use juke box. I am not technical, any ideas? Would love to buy a plug and play option.
Thanks,
Mike

I’ve been searching for a viable solution for years, there seems to be nothing home use, unless you would like to spend some serious money. Other way would be to build a computer to host your music and manipulate streaming services

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’ve been searching for a viable solution for years, there seems to be nothing home use, unless you would like to spend some serious money. Other way would be to build a computer to host your music and manipulate streaming services

Yes, you would think if someone can develop this. They could make some money, there seems to be decent interest.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Yes, you would think if someone can develop this. They could make some money, there seems to be decent interest.

The rate of growth for streaming services and new music is too fast, someone would have to build an interface to include plugins for multiple popular streaming services and a standalone collection of a variety of formats.

I for one would be happy and grateful for Apple Music to produce a touch screen wall mountable solution that would be appropriately priced that works with Sonos and has an aux output.

I guess an iPad might work well for this, but there’s not a large enough solution in my opinion. I want a 32” touch screen for my viewing pleasure... maybe I’m dreaming too big

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside