(Topic ID: 136430)

Game Room Magazine - EM contributor needed?

By hoov

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Ferros
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gameroom_Magazine_Issue_6_Jetsons (resized).jpg
    IMG_0975 (resized).JPG
    KensGameroom.jpg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

The World Fair article was great, loved the history presented about the era along with nice photographs. Looking forward to more!

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I thought we got one free Issue and then you had to subscribe with payment if you wanted more. Remember we all got access to every past issue via a website download (a $180.00 value, IIRC) when the previous (3rd) owner ceased publishing when the economy tanked.

According to the current issue they are making nothing and even losing a bit of money by publishing the magazine because of the lack of subscribers which does not allow them to get good discounts on the printing. Hoping to more then the one free issue is probably not happening.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

According to the current issue they are making nothing and even losing a bit of money by publishing the magazine because of the lack of subscribers which does not allow them to get good discounts on the printing. Hoping to more then the one free issue is probably not happening.

I thinks this might be a concern with most! I mean do you sign up for another 4, 8, 12 issues not knowing if you're going to receive all of them? I was one that lost out on the original subscription. The new guys were gracious to give me one free issue, which they didn't have too, but reading about the current situation does one plop down money to continue their subscription not knowing if they will receive them??? Furthermore am I the only one that thinks the mag is 1/3 full of Pinball Company advertisements???

1 month later
    #54 7 years ago

Did anyone receive the latest edition of the gameroom magazine for December?

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Yep, that's exactly how it works. The more you print, the cheaper it gets per unit. The majority of the cost is in set up. If you run a small quantity it's very expensive.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Did anyone receive the latest edition of the gameroom magazine for December?

Vic,

The GRM is being published quarterly now instead of monthly and we received Issues 1-4 in 2016. We should be receiving Issue 5 sometime during the 1st Qtr. of 2017.

1 month later
    #57 7 years ago

Issue 6 is now out. Also, they've just switched to 2 "double issues" per year in order to try and keep the magazine financially viable.

#58 7 years ago

Is there an article i did on Bingo's in Issue 6?

#59 7 years ago

Does anyone have issue #6 yet?

1 week later
    #60 7 years ago

Does anyone have issue #6 yet?

#61 7 years ago

Vic, I just received issue 5 as I subscribed several months ago and didn't hear anything so I asked to receive issue 5 as my first issue. Enjoyed the nice artwork on the front cover and reading about your collection and even about about your early days starting with a guy name Vito.

#62 7 years ago

Just e-mailed The Pinball Company today about issue #6 and the response was that it's going to print next week. So, look for it shortly!

1 month later
    #63 6 years ago

Just got my Gameroom Magazine #6 today. Anyone else waiting should be getting theirs soon.

Gameroom_Magazine_Issue_6_Jetsons (resized).jpgGameroom_Magazine_Issue_6_Jetsons (resized).jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-magazine-em-contributor-needed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.