4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 332 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 80 days ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 245 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0049 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0050 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7657 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7592 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7590 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8795 (resized).jpg
    EB06ED08-D231-4669-8868-55068E092416 (resized).jpeg
    DF157FA9-3AAA-49E7-991C-C50EEA0B02C3 (resized).jpeg
    Granite 2 (resized).jpg
    Granite 1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1184.JPG
    20181202_180932-01.jpeg
    56478015964__1AEDA146-3311-4F64-BA23-79A539ACE329 (resized).JPG
    56478001505__C94F6A5F-6676-44E9-82DE-8333B2E28354 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0661 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0673 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Aint that the truth. I wouldn't be surprised if he needed another 5 gallons. Then most likely 2 coats of paint.

Yup, raw drywall and compound is a sponge. I'm guessing he'll need at least another 10gal. I'm surprised that 10gal would even be enough given the size of his space.

Jaz

P.S. Following this project - green with envy.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Thanks!
    I bought the Wagner Sidekick. It was a lot of work even with the power roller. I couldn't imagine having to do it manually.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wagner-9-in-Smart-SideKick-Multi-Room-Powered-Roller-System-0530010/204801788

Yea, if you're doing a lot, a sprayer or power roller will save you tons of time. I bet more than 50% of the motion you do while painting in "full manual" mode is wetting/evening it out in the paint tray. Then you go to the wall where you have tons of motion as well.

I've painted a number of rooms in the last year and it takes WAY WAY WAY longer than you think it will!

Jaz

#99 3 years ago

It is looking great. I think a good primer layer on the ceiling is good enough for a finish coat since most ceiling white paints are a flat anyway (and seldom require cleaning). Obviously not good enough for the walls though.

The key to sanity on a project like this is definitely what's in the bottom middle of the 2nd picture. I know it helps while I've been working on the long boring tasks like drywall and paint!

Looking great so far!
    Jaz

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from investingdad:

My preference before top coating is to prime such that no roller marks are visible.

I think it all depends on how you do the one coat. I know I've done a more sparing first coat where I stretched how far the paint load went (this was manual/tray based and not power fed like you did). When I did that, I had to do two coats. If I did it right and just did a good smooth "non-skimpy" first coat, one primer coat was enough.

I really hate painting so doing it right the first time is very important to me!

Jaz

2 weeks later
    #109 3 years ago

Thanks. It was my brother in laws suggestion to do the trim first. He said it makes it easier to paint the trim and I guess he just cuts in the walls by hand without having to tape. He said you also don't have to go back and touch up the trim after getting it installed.

Weird. For me, I would paint first and then do the trim. But, in almost every case I've used stained hardwoods for trim so the trim isn't painted.

Painting is one of those things where I say whatever works for the person doing it is the right way to go... because I know I don't want to do it!

Jaz

3 weeks later
    #121 3 years ago
    Quoted from fordtudoor:

But I would think that carpet plus foam padding would negate most of that. Your biggest problem with reflecting sound is going to be drywalled ceiling and walls. All the home theaters I have looked at have bass traps on the walls and ceiling with emphasis at internal corners. Never seen any treatment of floors other than spikes on the speakers.

Maybe you missed the fact that he also has done a ton with regard to isolating and sound insulating the walls and ceiling as well. Given all that, not doing the floor would have seemed like an oversight...

I think most of his efforts have been toward keeping outside sounds out and inside sounds in. I don't think he's done much with regards to sound control inside the room...

Jaz

3 months later
    #165 3 years ago

Did some work this summer and dropped a couple hundred pound granite vanity top on my toe. Initially, it was just bruised and blue especially at the nail cuticle. It felt better after a couple days except for the blood under the nail. I thought it was done but as the nail grew out, there was a line of missing nail from the damage I did to the cuticle and ended up losing half the nail at that point. So even after it feels better, keep an eye on it.

Jaz

1 week later
    #178 3 years ago

Yea, I sense a Kate/Charlize pin would go well in your house. Can't say I disagree with that either...

Jaz

4 weeks later
    #181 3 years ago

I also got my projector delivered yesterday. I purchased an Epson 5040UB 4k 3LCD light cannon along with the higher end Chief mount. It was on sale Black Friday for $200 off and they threw in two pair of 3D glasses.

Great choice on the projector. I've got an older model in that series and have been extremely happy with it. I wouldn't call it a light cannon, but it does very well in a light controlled room. The blacks are awesome for a projector in that price range.

Jaz

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 179.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 6,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 1,348.00
    $ 229.99
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 119.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 36.99
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 26.95
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside