Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 359 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56921A38-ED61-4A11-ACFC-EA82E6732569 (resized).jpeg
    15EC5ACE-DA8B-4096-90A3-B7C205020D4E (resized).jpeg
    50657C37-EF81-4033-B8C6-F5E2E5D15125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2277 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2202 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1764 - Copy (resized).jpg
    IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1607.JPG
    61628518686__5D988DAB-700F-4F25-9324-E2EE5E29958E.JPG
    IMG_0049 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0050 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7657 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7592 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7590 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8795 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falcondriver.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

Looks great so far as you will certainly enjoy it down the road. I wish
    in my layout there was more room for my pins! Only room for 11. Right now I'm updating my theater
    to a projection system from a 65" plasma. Its about a 12X19 dedicated room
    as well with no outside light interference. Two row seating with six electric recliners.
    One thing I didn't do was do better soundproofing in the walls and ceiling.
    Unfortunately in the theater I used a laminate hardwood being in the basement and
    wanted something different since have carpet in remainder. I don't know how high
    your finished ceiling will be but remember if you are planning stepping up your chairs
    in rear row. With mine I'm worried how low the projector will hang and will sit just above
    second row. Would like to do a 100" screen.
    Good Luck but just get that water seepage under control. I'm doing this water powered
    backup sump pump system for mine. I was told this was the way to go these days.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

My room is going to end up being about 11' 4" wide after IB clips, channel and the double drywall. It's going to be a challenge to get all 6 seats in there, but I think a narrower walkway is worth the trade off for the 6 seats. I would have made the room bigger, but I was stuck because of the poles holding up the house.

Finished height should be able 7' 4" and I'm planning on a 10" riser. So it will be close, but I don't think it will be a problem. I can always cut down on the riser once I find out how much room I actually have.

I would recommend you put it right above the seat back of the second row. It might technically be low enough to hit your head on, but if it's above the seat back, you won't be able to hit your head on it because of the way you naturally stand up and sit down. That's my plan. I don't know if I'll need a hush box or not...

Yes those poles are a pain to work around. The width of my theater room was hindered by two poles but I just enclosed them
    in the wall. My riser was built with 2x6 and I added another 2x4 on bottom to just get another knotch in height over the front row.
    I then just installed black carpet over the riser platform. I think it will be ok with projector mount but like you said it shouldn't interfere.
    I have a professionally installed 2x2 drop ceiling in my basement which was the only thing I contracted out besides the carpet. Wish
    I did drywall but on a few occasions needed to get up in ceiling for access. I thought about changing ceiling in theater to dry wall
    but of course I have laundry and powder room above. Will probably paint ceiling matte black to fit into theater experience more.
    Right now I been researching this whole projector thing with some guidance from Best Buy. With my budget I was looking at
    an Epson 3D 1080p vs a comparable Sony. My neighbor has a 3D Epson and it looked great in 1080P.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from jedimastermatt:

FalconDriver - another option to consider for a projector is to look at the used market. I've tried all the tech available and LCoS from JVC is still the most film like option.

Thanks I appreciate that and will certainly look into this.

4 months later
    #111 7 years ago

Great to see the progress you are doing. Things are looking really good!
    I can't wait to see the wood treatment you have coming.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falcondriver.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-build-thread?tu=falcondriver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.