6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kray37
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 43 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12890483765_803f576140_h.jpg
    P1000151.JPG
    P1000152.JPG
    P1000150.JPG
    P1000143.JPG
    P1000142.JPG
    P1000140.JPG
    P1000138.JPG
    P1000141.JPG
    P1000137.JPG
    P1000139.JPG
    P1000136.JPG
    P1000135.JPG
    P1000134.JPG
    P1000132.JPG
    P1000133.JPG

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

I've also learned that passing inspection does NOT mean that you're up to code - I've seen some things that were passed by the inspector that should not have been.

That is exactly what it is supposed to mean but it is of course subject to the quality of the inspector.

Here in MA I was required to put GFCIs in the first outlet of every basement run. Also all outlets had to be tamper resistant. Even the outlets I put into the ceiling had to be TR. How exactly is a kid going to get up to the ceiling to stick a fork in the outlet?

I had to also put in AFCI breakers for all the circuits I did. I'm not an electrician so the inspector said he was a lot more comfortable passing me if I had AFCIs on my stuff. Easy concession and can't really argue it - it IS safer.

#52 6 years ago

Mojosan: For the skeeball under the stairs, looks like you're putting in a window. I'm assuming that wall was load bearing, were you able to take out the studs without adding support?

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

Basically going to have a boatload of surge protected outlets low along both walls running back to a bank of switches by the main door.

I like to put the outlets a bit higher. Behind the backbox area. That way you don't see a bunch or wires hanging down everywhere. Looks much cleaner. And yes, as someone mentioned--also some higher for neon signs, etc.

Mike

#54 6 years ago

By the way....looking great so far. Keep the pics coming! Especially the traveling WOZ pics....LOL

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

Have you considered breaking that down into at least 2 circuits instead of just one? These things are so much harder to go back and fix after the walls are up...

Holy shit. Great catch.

Electrician and I had miscommunication. Bringing them to no more than 4 pins on one 20amp circuit.

Some of the plumbing getting roughed in today and Monday. Electrical should be wrapped up by tuesday. 149 outlets overall.

Need to decide on the track lighting for pin room. Any suggestions? I like a fair amount of light, also want to be energy efficient and look good

#56 6 years ago

I have 7 pins on two 20 amp circuits FYI and no problems.

#57 6 years ago

Wait. There is also a maximum number of receptacles on a circuit. I don't know what it actually is but it's absolutely nothing like 149. It's more like 15 or 20. If you're putting in 149 outlets you had better check on this NOW.

1 week later
    #58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

Electrical should be wrapped up by tuesday. 149 outlets overall.

149 outlets?! In a 37' x 15' space?

That seems excessive (to me). In our basement, which is 27' x 34' I think we have 18 outlets, LOL.

There's something to be said for having an outlet wherever you need it though

Enjoying the progress you're making! Good luck with the rest.

Chris

#59 6 years ago

Sorry, 149 outlets in the entire basement are being finished off, not just in the pinball room.

Electrical inspection is today. Hopefully we get rolling again by end of week.

Drywall should go up quickly, but, being below grade, I have a feeling that the time needed to dry between spackling will be long. Well see.

Plumbing is all roughed in and ready to go. Bar sink and bottle cooler arrive this week. Ice maker already here.

#60 6 years ago

You know what speeds up below grade drying of paint and mud?

An air exchanger.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

Going to have a boatload of surge protected outlets low along both walls.

Like others have suggested, I'd run GFCI outlets higher up than that (at least 3 feet off the floor).

Quoted from Mojosan:

I did go out into the garage just to stare at the WOZ box for a while.

I believe you need to start thinking outside the box.

#62 6 years ago

Passed all 3 inspections this afternoon.

#63 6 years ago

And just for other readers who will come in here...

...surge protection is *not* GFCI. They are very different things.

1 week later
    #64 6 years ago

Sheetrockapalooza.

image.jpg image-791.jpg image-956.jpg
    #66 6 years ago

Cleanup today. Tape and mud starts tomorrow.

Hoping to have just the pin room pained and carpeted in 2 weeks. Rest of basement will prolly drag on for a few weeks longer than that.

#67 6 years ago

Great progress, and looking good !!

(PS hope the box-pin returned safe and sound from his trip? )

#68 6 years ago

Moving along well. Keep the updates coming! Love these kind of projects.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

Cleanup today. Tape and mud starts tomorrow.
    Hoping to have just the pin room pained and carpeted in 2 weeks. Rest of basement will prolly drag on for a few weeks longer than that.

How about some carpet like this.

LoneF-14.JPG
    #70 6 years ago

Now you need some black lights to go with it.

#71 6 years ago

Got them and does that carpet LIGHT UP!

#72 6 years ago

First coat.

photo.JPG
    #73 6 years ago

nice job..

#74 6 years ago

Lookin good!!!

#75 6 years ago

Nice! Keep the pictures coming!

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

I did go out into the garage just to stare at the box for a while.

LOL, good luck on the build!

photo_copy_12.JPG 198 KB

#77 6 years ago

Looks great...sure looks big in the picture.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How about some carpet like this.

LoneF-14.JPG 878 KB

Mustang, paint your ceiling and wiring a dark color is you are not drywalling out or doing a drop down ceiling. Cheap and looks a whole lot better.

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

Sheetrockapalooza.

image.jpg 840 KB

image-791.jpg 645 KB

image-956.jpg 737 KB

When I built my gameroom a buddy of mine said put the Rack Stereo system in the vaulted part of the ceiling and up off of the floor plus the speakers. I did that and added in speakers on shelfs which I have since enlarged and expanded to garage and patio. Here is the stereo picture. The benefit is people can't change things at parties and I have a remote satellite radio hook up ; remote CD player, MP3 player so easy to control music during parties. It also removes the space you would of ended up using for these items. Don't know where you are with the process but considerations as always.

IMG_3398.JPG
    #80 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Mustang, paint your ceiling and wiring a dark color is you are not drywalling out or doing a drop down ceiling. Cheap and looks a whole lot better.

I have part of it done, have to use a roller and brush cuz there was just to much stuff down there and the carpet had to go down like NOW because the pins and arcades are in the unheated garage and the Minnesota winter is coming.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

When I built my gameroom a buddy of mine said put the Rack Stereo system in the vaulted part of the ceiling and up off of the floor plus the speakers. I did that and added in speakers on shelfs which I have since enlarged and expanded to garage and patio. Here is the stereo picture. The benefit is people can't change things at parties and I have a remote satellite radio hook up ; remote CD player, MP3 player so easy to control music during parties. It also removes the space you would of ended up using for these items. Don't know where you are with the process but considerations as always.

IMG_3398.JPG 3 MB

That's a new one on me. When I have parties I always tell people they can bring one cd to play. Really makes for a crazy playlist.

1 week later
    #82 6 years ago

A lot completed since last update, but mostly behind the scenes.

But the storefront door and sidelight went up today. Glass will be installed in a couple days. Looking thru the door will pretty much let you look the length of the room between the rows of pins.

2nd pic is closet next to the main door where all the switches are for the pin room outlets and also where I'm going to store my pin parts and tools and whatnot.

image-217.jpg image.jpg
    #83 6 years ago

Wow, looks awesome so far! That is going to be one really nice game room!

#84 6 years ago

I like the commercial glass door look. Will make it look like an actual off the street arcade!

#85 6 years ago

I gotta see a picture of the game room taken through the door when all the games are on. You should get a Game room neon sign for above the door on the outside for a total effect.

#86 6 years ago

The commercial door is a sick add to this future arcade...need a classic sign or repro of a classic arcade sign. Really cool space.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from OHEMIO:

The commercial door is a sick add to this future arcade...need a classic sign or repro of a classic arcade sign. Really cool space.

Yea, I have to admit that KICKS IT!!!!! The door is never a thought I ever had....Awesome

#88 5 years ago

Thanks. Glass came in the wrong thickness for the door. :/

Here's the room mostly painted, track lighting installed, molding up around perimeter for LED lights.

Pins supposed to get moved back tomorrow and Friday.

photo 4.JPG
    #89 5 years ago

Oh, the carpet is installed too. Its covered by the drop cloths. It's commercial carpet, charcoal grey with white flecks. Ceiling is matching charcoal grey and walls are a lighter grey.

#90 5 years ago

Looking good man!

#91 5 years ago

Nice

#92 5 years ago

Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's filled up! Waiting for those pics!! Looks great so far!

#94 5 years ago

Got some pins moved in, WOZ finally uncrated, and bubble hockey moved in.

Rest of pins and skee ball today.

Will post another update later on.image.jpgimage-447.jpgimage-696.jpgimage.jpg

#95 5 years ago

Love it, Mojo. Keep the pics comin'!

#96 5 years ago

Lookin' Good

#97 5 years ago

It's gettin there. Dieing to see the full house.

#98 5 years ago

Lots of work today. Should have everything in there tomorrow.

I can't get anything done because I have to play WOZ every 10 minutes.

image-185.jpg image-80.jpg image.jpg
    #99 5 years ago

Looks great! Love to see some more pictures with just the led's on and all the pins/games.

#100 5 years ago

Is that wall of 8 game all you can put along that wall? I have 8 along one wall also but my ceiling is not that high. Lookin good.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 15.00
    $ 109.99
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Batman '66 Premium NIB Out of stock
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 499.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 7,499.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside