Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E79 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    wcs.png
    image-10 (resized).jpg
    96456E3B-9863-46F0-94CB-DABAE8A24A67 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Hello, I have a strange question. I have a wcs94 with wpc-s board. I noticed that the game rom is on location u25. Everywhere I read that this should be U6. Do you maybe understand this and where should it be? At this moment the pinball starts up and you can play with it. Only the flashers are not working. Thanks for the answers

96456E3B-9863-46F0-94CB-DABAE8A24A67 (resized).jpeg96456E3B-9863-46F0-94CB-DABAE8A24A67 (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

Here is a picture from IPDB

image-10 (resized).jpgimage-10 (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago

The manual clearly says the game rom should be installed in U6. You should move it (with power off). You can use a flat screwdriver to gently lift up the chip a little on each side until it's removed. Make sure you put it back in the correct orientation, and that all pins are inserted.

wcs.pngwcs.png
    #4 3 years ago

Thanks, I will do that. Exciting. Keep you
    Posted

Regards.

#5 3 years ago

Hi, I have changed the rom and put it in U6. Unfortunately it start not up anymore. Sometimes flashes the playfield. What will happen when I start up the pinball machine without a game rom?
    What would you suggest? Roamin new game rom?

#6 3 years ago

Are you sure you placed the ROM in the correct orientation? It has a notch in the chip to identify the orientation.

Did you try placing it back to u25 see if the game starts?

Maybe the board was modified from behind and that's why the ROM was in u25? Did you look behind the board?

No game Rom, the machine can't start. Not sure if it can cause problems, but doubtful.

Did you check all the fuses? Maybe one burned after moving the ROM?

With the ROM in u25, was it only the flashers that didn't work? Does the test menu give you any error?

#7 3 years ago

Did the flashers ever work correctly with the ROM in U25? If so it probably wasn't the ROM.....

#8 3 years ago

I checked the machine in test mode. None of the flashers worked and the solenoïdes. Only the ball turned and the goalie moved. However in normal play mode, the game seems to work but not the flashers.

Good idea, To check for modifications. I removed and cleaned the board and I didn’t noticed changes. I will check the connections with the multi meter. Hopefully I did not ruin the prom . Thanks AUKraut Roamin Keep you posted.

By the way I started with checking the fuses. Indeed f110 was defect

#9 3 years ago

I switched back and everything is back to old situation. It starts up but no flashers.

#10 3 years ago

No modification what so ever. I noticed during start up on the display 50031 lx1. So I think it is version 1 rom. So I ordered a new version 2 rom

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #11 3 years ago

Anyone, any ideas?

#12 3 years ago

I doubt a new ROM will suddenly fix your flashers issue. If the ROM as problems, the machine will tell you it has a checksum error when booting. You haven't answered if the flashers ever worked while the game was in your possession ?

What have you tried so far to get the flashers to work ? Did you check the fuses, check the connectors , check the bulbs. What did you try?

#13 3 years ago

Thanks, I checked the fuses. I performed the test. To be very honest I cannot recall that the flashers ever worked. You trigger me, I have replaced connectors because they were burnt. Also j122 and j126. I wil check that. What do you advice where to put the rom u6 of u25. You are correct about the checksum. I noticed that during startup it says that the version of rom is lx1. So I put latest version in there so I know for sure that this is okay. Thanks. I appreciate the feedback

#14 3 years ago

I was watching this post because I was having the same issue on my Theatre of Magic. I fixed mine - it turned out to be the door interlock switch (the larger one of the two switches). Mine was mis-wired at the switch terminals. I also had to clean the terminals to get a good connection... the switch was actually working fine. Now I have flashers!

BTW, you can't do a flasher test with the door open, unless you depress the interlock switch.

#15 3 years ago

EStroh thanks for the reply. Can you make a picture of the switch? This is my second machine which I am restoring. I have a steep learning curve . I indeed find out that the door needs to be closed. Can you tell me also in which position your game rom is placed ((u6 or u25). Thanks appreciate your feedback

#16 3 years ago

I won't be in front of my machine today, but this is the door interlock switch that enables / disables the high power to the driver board.

If you look in page 3 of the manual it shows you how it is to be wired. Check that, and inspect the wire terminals and switch blades for good contact. I actually removed my switch, tested it with a MM and removed some corrosion from the switch blades. If that doesn't fix your issue, look at the driver board and note the on/off status of the LEDs. I think LED 5 (?) is the high voltage indication.
    E79 (resized).jpgE79 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #17 3 years ago

Hi, small update from my side. It seems that the problem is solved. I have taken out the rom and the security chip and I adjusted the dip switches to the European settings. This seems to solve the problem. The only strange thing is that the flashers work in test mode when the door is closed. This should be also working when the door is open in test mode. Thanks

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from H2Oman:

Hi, small update from my side. It seems that the problem is solved. I have taken out the rom and the security chip and I adjusted the dip switches to the European settings. This seems to solve the problem. The only strange thing is that the flashers work in test mode when the door is closed. This should be also working when the door is open in test mode. Thanks

I believe this is because if the door is open you are cutting your coil power when the interlock switch is open. You should hear a noise and see a message on the DMD when you open the door that the playfield high voltage is not active.

#19 3 years ago

That is indeed the case. I see message on the DMD. I thought the flashing test will also work when door is open

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from H2Oman:

That is indeed the case. I see message on the DMD. I thought the flashing test will also work when door is open

If you pull out the interlock switch it should let you run the coil tests with the door open.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-rom-world-cup-soccer?hl=roamin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.