(Topic ID: 253749)

Game resetting during gameplay

By Roy6585

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey all. I picked up a Williams Pinbot with one problem. It randomly resets during game play. I'll did some searching and looks like it may be related to a power supply issue. Just wondering if anyone else experienced a similar issue and what their fix was.

Thanks

#2 4 years ago

first step, reseat plugs on boards. start easy

#3 4 years ago

I just had the same problem with an Addams Family. While inspecting the molex connectors, I found one along the bottom that had turned brown and burned up. It cracked in two in my hand when I pulled it off. I re pinned the connector and everything has been fine since.

If you take the time to reseat the connectors, you may as well clean the pins on the board when you do. A fiberglass pen or some light sandpaper seems to work well for me.

#4 4 years ago

Reflow the print headers on the power supply board.
Inspect the retangular 12-pin connector for burned pins.
Replace the capacitors on the power supply board.
While you're at it, rebuild the G.I. connector (if needed).
Put in a Bridge Board (http://www.inkochnito.nl) or at least add fuses before the bridge rectifiers to avoid a possible fire hazard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-resetting-during-gameplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.