Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Patofnaud
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patofnaud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

1. Poor connections, either from the power/driver board to the MPU or from the transformer secondary to the driver board.

And when folks jump on the bridge mantra first, guess what? A lot of the time it fixes it!!!! Why? Because (drumrolll please) they had to remove the power supply to change it and they had to unplug and reseat connections! DOH!

My mantra is more of a game is intermittent, is power supply a 35 year old virgin? If yes rebuild caps. That gets two variables out right away, caps and connections. If it is still intermittent after that, or if the supply looks to have been rebuild at some time, THEN I walk the pinwikki tree like it is gospel. Most times its faster to recap as it needs it anyway, pay me know, pay me later thing.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Why do you want to replace any? Replace only the most critical logic or audio power filtering caps if you feel the need to because of age, otherwise it is not necessary unless there is a problem. It all depends on not only age, but use, temperature, type of capacitor, stress (rippled current, etc.), and more. In some instances, they will last 50 years. in others, they won't go past 10.

Correct. I only target the power supply. +/-100V, 5VDC and !2V filters caps. 4 or 5 total.

#36 10 years ago

Could be co-inky-dink but it's always a good rule of thumb to have all screws in place and tight. Normally loose screws manifest itself as a 'hum' in the speakers. It really makes a difference in sound cards as you will tend to hear a lot of hum on poorly grounded boards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patofnaud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-resets?tu=patofnaud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.