Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Patofnaud
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miknan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Have a JD that once in a great while will reset, usually when I push both flippers. The first time this happened I read everything on here I could find and I checked connector (I think) J101 on the power driver board and it seemed loose and fixed it that time. Since then it happens rarely but always at the most inopportune moment, ie friends over, middle of a good game, etc. I check the connectors but they do not seem loose. So it seems maybe those capacitors and bridge rectifiers I read about need to be replaced? If one of those components was bad wouldn't this problem happen more often? Thx.

#9 10 years ago

Read the pinwiki link. I'll test the line voltage first. Since the first time it happened J101 was almost disconnected I may start with replacing that and those header pins first. I guess I'll go back to the original question and ask if it was caused by electronic components, would it be so intermittent?

#15 10 years ago

Thx everyone for the advice. JD my only game but my brother in the Air Force (stationed in Hawaii)came for a visit. I came home from work and found out he had bought a NIB Metallica!!hes leaving it with me until he retires in 18 months! Who hooo. I think it will be awhile before I get back to Dredd.

2 months later
#30 10 years ago

In anticipation of major soldering ahead of me to fix this problem, I bought a new a Hakko fx-888d, Hakko 808, header pins and connectors, some caps, and bridge rectifiers. At first I wasn't going to follow the Wiki advice because I figured if I had to take the board out to check a lot of these things I might as well changed these components at the same time and I'd fix the problem whether it was a bad component or related problem like bad solder joint. But at the last second I thought "don't be stupid, follow it step by step". Pretty quickly I came to checking the screws that secure and ground the power driver board. They were a bit loose but not terribly so. I tested the machine and no resets. I played many games both normal and Super game, constantly using both flippers at the same time. No resets. Could it really been just that? They weren't that loose. I'm not completely convinced because my problem is intermittent but I played quite a few games and it played great.

In an unrelated JD question, will the ball sometimes fall off the deadworld before the crane picks it up? I don't have the mod. Usually it works as it should but once in awhile it will fall off the ring. Not sure if mine needs an adjustment or if this will occasionally happen even to the most well adjusted dead worlds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miknan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-resets?tu=Miknan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.