(Topic ID: 148186)

Game resets while playing?

By Scsurfer

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a monopoly game. When playing the game shuts off and restarts? Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

#3 8 years ago

Is it new to you? Has any work been done? I had a machine that would reset when a certain few things would happen and it ended up being a bad diode

#4 8 years ago

Had it for a year. Have not worked on it. Just started acting up.

#5 8 years ago

I could be wrong but my 1st thought is always bridge rectifier when that happens. But I would check all of the connectors 1st just in case something came loose (and the plug).

#6 8 years ago

Reseat the plugs on the top left of the driver board and the bottom left of the mpu board (they join with each other) - this takes the 5V from driver to mpu. I can't remember the plug number, but it should have 5v and 12v written on the boards

If this fixes the problem, replace the header pins and plugs as it will happen again over time

#7 8 years ago

I had the same problem with my TZ and it turned out to be a power drop from all the other games I had plugged into the same row of outlets on the same breaker. This I found out after I had it sent the boards out....Check the power to the machine from the outlet, like I should have done first. Good Luck

2 months later
#8 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I had the same problem with my TZ and it turned out to be a power drop from all the other games I had plugged into the same row of outlets on the same breaker. This I found out after I had it sent the boards out....Check the power to the machine from the outlet, like I should have done first. Good Luck

I am having a similar problem. Usually it happens when first turning on the machine. Is there a certain voltage or amps that I should be looking for in the outlet regarding this?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Reseat the plugs on the top left of the driver board and the bottom left of the mpu board (they join with each other) - this takes the 5V from driver to mpu. I can't remember the plug number, but it should have 5v and 12v written on the boards
If this fixes the problem, replace the header pins and plugs as it will happen again over time

^^^^ agree

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Boards
PinSound

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-resets-while-playing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.