Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SteveinTexas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

working on a very dirty, old Williams Winner. Latest problem is that game starts, ball ejects from the middle shooter but the flippers, slings and targets are all dead.

I checked the fuses and they all seem to be fine (at least the 4 fuses I see).

Where should I look next?

#2 3 years ago

Hi Leosac
I do not have a Winner, I do not have a "Horse-Race Type pin", I do not have a schema. Do You have a schema "Winner" ? Look up - here I show You where I would have a "look at" in a Williams Derby Day -> http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=667 -> down to the Schematic Diagram -> http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/667/Williams_Derby_Day_Shematic.jpg :

Look at the transformer (around "3") -> a wire B-W runs to the right -> fuse -> wire "B" -> make a turn and all the way down runs the wire "B" (this is the "Power-Side (24 VAC) of the transformer-Connection"). All the way down till (about "16") there is a Switch mounted in that line - a Normally-Closed-Switch on Game-Over-Relay -> wire R-Y-W -> a Normally-Closed-Switch on Tilt-Relay -> wire B-Y-W -> a Normally-Closed-Switch on Start-Relay -> wire "R" -> -> flippers and such.

Possibility-1: One or more of these relays are pulling (when it / they should not).
Possibility-2: Just the switch inside the relay is bent and therefore this switch is "faulty-(always)-open".
Possibility-3: The contacts on that switch are dirty / oxidated - we say "the switch is "closed"" - BUT electricity can not flow ...
Possibility-4: A wire has broken-off a solder-point on the switch ...
Greetings Rolf

#3 3 years ago

Hi Leosac, can I suggest you check all contacts on the 'Shooter Motor relay' and the 'Tilt relay'. There is a 15 amp fuse from the tranformer up line from the two relays mentioned.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks, I'll see if I can track these suggestions. I haven't been able to get my hands on a schematic and My
knowledge base is pretty limited but I'll give it a shot.

#5 3 years ago

Without a schematic the horse games are tricky, you will need one I believe.

There are a few 3 way switches (one on the bank tilt, game and reset relay I believe from memory) that need to be correct on the power return line to the transformer or this happens. On an older 60's game the flippers are initially activated only when the ball goes through the gates into play. This is to assist the ball counter stepper operate correctly.

Good luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 26.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound Plus Out of stock
PinSound
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside