• Latest reply 1 year ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AF368547-8D1E-4496-A2A4-6841D963411E (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

wcs started resetting when game starts as soon as i hit either flipper so i started following the troubleshooting steps reseated connecters mounted the board tightly to the back box (it was a little loose) then if would only reset when both flippers were hit at once so i guess that improved it a little. then i spotted this burnt area right behind.. heat sync (not sure if thats what that is). question is this likely the cause of the resetting and is this something i can fix myself? ive done some soldering just not sure how i would reflow this path is there a video on how to do this? appreciate any help!

AF368547-8D1E-4496-A2A4-6841D963411E (resized).jpegAF368547-8D1E-4496-A2A4-6841D963411E (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Is the orange wire behind an attempt to 'replace' the missing track?

#3 1 year ago

It Is probable that the orange wire in the picture is jumpering that burned trace. I’ve seen that trace burn a few times. I don’t know why it burns other than too much current load.

That trace is not the root cause of the resets. Keep working down the checklist in the PInWiki. You will find the issue.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#4 1 year ago

thanks guys yes looks like that wire was a work around that someone did previously. i poked around at a few things including a capacitor which seems swollen and the problem seems to have temporarily gone away. if it presents again ill probably check the caps next with a meter. thanks for the support!!

#5 1 year ago

That looks like it is around the AC input stuff. Perhaps a bridge shorted in the past, the game was over fused, and it vaporized that trace instead of a fuse blowing.

Puffed up caps need replaced. Specially if they feel warm they are at risk of going bang. Not an easy job replacing the snap in caps on this board. The bent snap cap leads tend to rip out the plated holes and then you have more problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-reset-found-burnt-solder-path-on-wcs-power-driver-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.