(Topic ID: 278903)

Game Relay , Game-Relay - what for ? ( Williams San Francisco )

By rolf_martin_062

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by amymcg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SanFranciscoOtherRelays (resized).jpg
Backbox composite (resized).jpg
San Francisco Inside (resized).jpg
0San-Francisco-Work-04 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sudsy7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from amymcg:

There is one that I'm not sure what it is, it is marked with ??

Just a guess (I don't have this machine), but since it is close to the Coin & 25 cent Relays, it might be the Replay Relay. All 3 of those use 110v as opposed to the normal 24v used on the majority of relays.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

I suspect it is the tilt relay

No, the tilt relays are already identified in the picture. Pretty sure it's the Replay Relay. To verify, check if voltage is 110v and/or it momentarily activates when the start button is pushed.

#11 3 years ago

Hi @rolf_martin_062,
You might be looking at something different than I am, but I see where someone spliced into a wire coming from the transformer and there appears to be black electrical tape on the splice (would be much safer to have a "splice cap" or as some people call it a "wire nut" on it). But I don't see any loose wires around that replay relay. You might have better eyes than I do though!

Edit: I read what you said again, and I think I understand now that you mean there should be an insulated, not bare wire, jumpered between the Coin Relay and the Replay Relay. If so, I agree.

#13 3 years ago

Rolf,
Yes, I agree these older machines can be dangerous to work on if you don't know what's going on inside them. I would bet the bare wire is factory installation though - they daisy-chained relays together like that back then. You can see the all the 24v relays are tied together with bare wire in the same manner. Just the way they did things back then and I think that was because they didn't expect anyone but knowledgeable technicians working on them - not a lot of machines were collected in a home & hobby setting back then.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sudsy7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-relay-game-relay-what-for-williams-san-francisco-?tu=sudsy7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.