Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I recently lent my T2 to a friend who's been putting a small arcade together. Back when I had it in my livingroom, it played super nice and fast, however when we set it up at the arcade it played horribly. Flippers can't make the ramps (and struggle even after we lowered the incline a degree from what I had it at), even the gun turns slower (super jackpot timing is all messed up now), and the plunger doesn't make the ball go up the playfield as far. I thought this would be due to low line voltage, but I checked the socket and I was getting 114V. Not quite the 118V at my house, but not nearly enough to justify changing the transformer. He also has a Getaway right next to my T2, and it plays just fine (no change from his house, which also has ~118V). So it's not the line voltage. I also compared the voltage at the coils, and it was exactly the same for both games. Is there anything else that could possibly be wrong with my T2 that'd make it do this?

#2 7 years ago

just spit balling here... Maybe check voltages to flippers. Maybe something came loose during moving and not making good contact? Etc. and so forth.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

just spit balling here... Maybe check voltages to flippers. Maybe something came loose during moving and not making good contact? Etc. and so forth.

Voltage at all clearly affected mechs was correct

#4 7 years ago

Guessing here and may be way off but are you checking voltage under load? If you check it when it is not being played it may be fine when it is being used maybe that is when power is dropping too much? You could try powering off other games and just playing t2 and seeing if that makes a difference?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

but not nearly enough to justify changing the transformer.

Change the voltage conversion plug, not the transformer.

LTG : )

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Guessing here and may be way off but are you checking voltage under load? If you check it when it is not being played it may be fine when it is being used maybe that is when power is dropping too much? You could try powering off other games and just playing t2 and seeing if that makes a difference?

Powering off all the games makes it play about 20% better, but doesn't change the line or solenoid voltage

Quoted from LTG:

Change the voltage conversion plug, not the transformer.

That's the word I couldn't think of But yeah, I looked at the schematic for how to change the plug, and it only had settings for 120V and 104V iirc. I also read that if your line voltage isn't below 110V you shouldn't do the low line voltage (104V) setting as it could damage things by making the voltage too high

EDIT: I should also note that the getaway's at doesn't change if you turn other games off so, again, there's something specific to the T2 that is reacting badly to the location

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plays-bad-on-location-other-games-fine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.