Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by timab2000
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

The two banks of lower drop targets...do they ever reset during game play?

I knock them down, hit all the pacman targets behind them and they never reset.

What's up with that?

#2 1 year ago

The goal is to spell pac-man by hitting the standups behind the drops. Each time you complete pacman, you earn an extra "bonus multiplier". You can obtain up to 5 and you start with 3. Current pacmen are the 5 inserts on the playfield down by the flippers.

This is very important because bunusX in the game is very valuable... like 100K-500K and up valuable. Incidentally, if you are eaten in the maze by a ghost, you lose one of your bonus multipliers... a very unique rule. The "targets down" progress for the drops in front of the pacman standups carry over from ball to ball so that the next time you are up, you can go for the next step, which is collecting the pacman standups. The standard bonus is earned (mostly?) by turning the maze dots red. For each one, you earn 3K bonus and I believe the max is 256 dots. So max bonus is theoretically 5x256x3,000 = 3,840,000.

Don't tilt ball 3 because it's the only ball where you receive your earned bonus (and multipliers) for all of your progress in the game you played.

If you want to know more rules of the game, just ask. I have an extensive knowledge and strategy on how to best play it. No one seems to like it and I think it's because no one understands it or cares to understand it.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the info.

When you hit the standup targets are the letters that spell pacman supposed to light up?

Mine do not. They light up when you use the test button on coin door but that is all I have seen, so am I missing something else to hit?

#4 1 year ago

Yes, they light up when you hit each letter's target. You can test them in "switch test", just remove the ball from the game and then go to switch test. Maybe they need cleaned or there's a wire broke on them? Also, confirm that each standup has a disc capacitor soldered on it that is not broken or shorted... those failed a LOT.

When you hit them in gameplay the game "announces" each letter. The speech in the game (and a LOT of other Bally/Midway games) was done by voice over and Spoken Jazz artist Ken Nordine.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Yes, they light up when you hit each letter's target. You can test them in "switch test", just remove the ball from the game and then go to switch test. Maybe they need cleaned or there's a wire broke on them? When you hit them in gameplay the game "announces" each letter. The speech in the game (and a LOT of other Bally/Midway games) was done by voice over and Jazz artist Ken Nordine.

Ok I'll have to see what is going cause they just don't light up. They do on test mode. They do give me points when I hit them.

So do the drop targets reset after spelling pacman?

#6 1 year ago

I thought of another possible issue. Confirm that each drop target switch registers when it goes down. The pacman lamps will NEVER light up if all targets are not down. It's very possible one or more DROP switches are not registering.

I think the targets do go back up when you spell pacman but honestly, I can't remember. Also, they go back up for the start of each players ball (but only in a multiplayer game) and then the game drops the ones you have already earned up to that point in your game, from player to player. That's why each drop is individually controlled.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I thought of another possible issue. Confirm that each drop target switch registers when it goes down. The pacman lamps will NEVER light up if all targets are not down. It's very possible one or more DROP switches are not registering.
I think the targets do go back up when you spell pacman but honestly, I can't remember. Also, they go back up for the start of each players ball (but only in a multiplayer game) and then the game drops the ones you have already earned up to that point in your game, from player to player. That's why each drop is individually controlled.

Awesome thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The speech in the game (and a LOT of other Bally/Midway games) was done by voice over and Spoken Jazz artist Ken Nordine.

That’s a really awesome trivia bit!!
Thanks for mentioning it! How cool!

#9 1 year ago

Ok got the pacman to light up.

Two drop targets were not scoring and one of the switches for the drop target was close when it should have been open.

So now it seems to be working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-play-on-mr-amp-mrs-pacman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.