You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2183 (resized).jpg
IMG_2181 (resized).jpg
IMG_2179 (resized).jpg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Is there anything that looks like a potential issue with the boards pictured? I'm an EM guy and would have to have a tech go through this.

Many thanks

IMG_2178 (resized).jpgIMG_2178 (resized).jpgIMG_2179 (resized).jpgIMG_2179 (resized).jpgIMG_2181 (resized).jpgIMG_2181 (resized).jpgIMG_2183 (resized).jpgIMG_2183 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I was thinking the same thing. Have you checked voltages at the rectifier board? Also: from what i gather, the connectors between the head and cabinet have a tendency to corrode/oxidize on these games. I know in my Sharpshooter there were several connectors that had some dull pins and some with a green-ish corrosion covering the pins. I ultimately wound up re-pinning all the connectors between the backbox and cabinet.
Also--you'll want to clip the battery off the mpu board as soon as possible. A memory cap can be installed in place of it. (Look up the procedure for that though, not sure if any jumpers need to be run or anything like that)

I did a search for the memory cap replacement. The Panasonic Super Capacitor was recommended and was rated at 1.5 farad, and 5.5 volts. Would this be a standard application for pinball battery replacement? (I'm referring to the rated values of the capacitor)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Tools
Troxel Repair
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-super-nova-board-question?tu=playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.