Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by schudel5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2183 (resized).jpg
IMG_2181 (resized).jpg
IMG_2179 (resized).jpg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

Is there anything that looks like a potential issue with the boards pictured? I'm an EM guy and would have to have a tech go through this.

Many thanks

IMG_2178 (resized).jpgIMG_2179 (resized).jpgIMG_2181 (resized).jpgIMG_2183 (resized).jpg
#2 8 months ago

On the last picture, second fuse from the left looks suspicious.

#3 8 months ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

On the last picture, second fuse from the left looks suspicious.

I was thinking the same thing. Have you checked voltages at the rectifier board? Also: from what i gather, the connectors between the head and cabinet have a tendency to corrode/oxidize on these games. I know in my Sharpshooter there were several connectors that had some dull pins and some with a green-ish corrosion covering the pins. I ultimately wound up re-pinning all the connectors between the backbox and cabinet.

Also--you'll want to clip the battery off the mpu board as soon as possible. A memory cap can be installed in place of it. (Look up the procedure for that though, not sure if any jumpers need to be run or anything like that)

#4 8 months ago

Get that battery off the cpu board right away. Your boards actually look to be in pretty good shape.

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

I was thinking the same thing. Have you checked voltages at the rectifier board? Also: from what i gather, the connectors between the head and cabinet have a tendency to corrode/oxidize on these games. I know in my Sharpshooter there were several connectors that had some dull pins and some with a green-ish corrosion covering the pins. I ultimately wound up re-pinning all the connectors between the backbox and cabinet.
Also--you'll want to clip the battery off the mpu board as soon as possible. A memory cap can be installed in place of it. (Look up the procedure for that though, not sure if any jumpers need to be run or anything like that)

I did a search for the memory cap replacement. The Panasonic Super Capacitor was recommended and was rated at 1.5 farad, and 5.5 volts. Would this be a standard application for pinball battery replacement? (I'm referring to the rated values of the capacitor)

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I did a search for the memory cap replacement. The Panasonic Super Capacitor was recommended and was rated at 1.5 farad, and 5.5 volts. Would this be a standard application for pinball battery replacement? (I'm referring to the rated values of the capacitor)

Yep. It's what I use on my Cyclopes. As long as you turn it on for 30 minutes every month you should be fine. https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CERS-1.5F-5V&cat=67

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 22.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 4.00
Electronics
Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside