(Topic ID: 97248)

Game Plan pinball owners and future owners... !MUST READ!

By mrobertso2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

front.jpg
20150212_170450.jpg
20150212_165822.jpg
20150212_165806.jpg
7drHiqr.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 6 years ago

anyone have one of these to sell that you are not using?

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think it's too early to tell if your problem with Andromeda is on the MPU or elsewhere in the game. If you get a new MPU without properly diagnosing the issue, you may end up blowing the same resistor on the new board.
Also, the echo lake MPU had a problem with working in either Andromeda or Cyclopes--I can't recall which exactly. Can anyone confirm?

yeah, I figured I am too early but wanted a back up in case i screw things up more. Also, I am under the gun to try and get this fixed for the looming charity event.

#70 6 years ago

my impression is that Andromeda is fine. I am on the list and told echo lakes it was for Andromeda.

Unfortunately it sounds like the list needs about 20 more people in order to be built.

#71 6 years ago

anyone have an echo lakes board for sale?

please help a guy out so I can get this game flipping for the local charity event

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Why buy a new one, can't Jim test and repair it for you?

no, he is not doing any repairs currently.

There are 40 new boards in process currently and I did not make that list.
There are 12 slots currnetly on the cue for the next run which he will only run if they get a total of 40 but I expect it will be another year before that happens.

ONLY if that next run does not happen will he start taking on more repairs.

I am esp looking for a new Echo Lakes board now so I can get my game working for the charity event on Sept 22-23 and happy to pay a premium for the board due to this constraint. A few people mentioned buying 2 in a previous run, so hoping one of those people will spare me the extra.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Here's the problem you're going to run into. You'll need to find one that was made for Andromeda. You won't be able to take a board someone bought for their Agents 777 and use it in your Andromeda. Reason being is that you can't use your old chips from your old board. He has essentially burned the entire chip set onto a single ROM and that's what the board uses to run the game.
As mentioned earlier, he won't just sell you Andromeda chips, you have to send the Echo Lake board into him (and at about a $75 charge) have a single chip burned for you. I believe he would then write the Andromeda images over the Agents 777 image and ship it back. So now you're out an Agents 777 board from the loaner game.
The ability to NOT be able to use your existing old chips to simply drop into Jim's board is a HUGE disappointment. If Jim no longer is in the hobby and you have a dead game and one of Jim's boards, unless you have the game specific chip for that game, you are SOL.

Yeah, that is a bummer

However, if I can find any board in the near future then I will just have it shipped to Jim and he will update (already spoke with him) then it could ship to me. I know it is a long shot but I am willing to pay.

I take a lot of pride in trying to bring unique stuff to this event and as of right now I sunk all my time into Andromeda the past month and now borked it so I will pay the price to bring it back to life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-pinball-owners-and-future-owners-must-read?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.