Screenshot_20231101-194514 (resized).png
IMG_3632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3612 (resized).jpeg
kemet_ceramic_capacitor_part_numbers.jpg
IMG_2431 (resized).jpg
IMG_6396.jpeg
IMG_3386 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3388 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 6 years ago

Howdy Game Plan fans. I am looking for some help as I recently got an ANDROMEDA and I am bringing it back to life.

I have been scouring the web and seems to be some different opinions and no clear info on exactly how to rebuild/replace the flippers on these. Some suggest pre 80 Bally, some suggest early Stern, some suggest sys11, some suggest WPC.

I would like to replace the entire flipper assemblies with all new backing plate, coils, bushings, etc... the full swap. However I also want to retain the most accurate feel and power.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=107&pg=1

Looking at PBLIFE, which do you think is the best option for a full flipper assembly?
Do I need to get different bushings to get the correct height?
WHAT are the correct coils to use?
Should I order a specific coil stop to get the correct flipper travel?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would love to get parts ordered today and would be happy to document the swap in with photos to help others in the future.

#152 6 years ago

other parts I am ISO if you can help out.

I need 2 gameplan drop targets in red. If those are unobtanium, it sounds like Sega drops and then modify the drop mech to be 1/4inch lower is the trick? If I go that route, does anyone still have the bullseye target stickers?

Last thing I need is the top plastic channel that fite the top of the backglass. The glass is thicker than most and I cant find the correct part.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

gatecrasher has 3/16 channels.

I would try looking at that as an option since those seem closest to the original game plan assembly.
I'm pretty sure I have used game plan and early stern assemblies kicking around somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them up in the next couple days for a comparison.

This chart has the wire gauge and winding counts noted for game plan coils, so that might help: https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

thanks for all the info!

I am very confused on how to figure out the correct (or closest) equivalent in the coil chart.
Any idea and education for what would be the correct B/W coil to buy?

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Same wire gauges and same winding counts.
Have you checked marco and PBR for gameplan coils? I seem to remember them stocking some.

I am under the impression that when updating teh assembly/bracket that I would then go with the updated coil that is closest to GP but actually B/W.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Gotcha. I wasn't sure if you were doing that or not.
Is there anything listed as a substitute on pinwiki?

not that I could find. I made a post in the vid thread hoping he may have some insight also.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I spotted this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/substitute-for-gameplan-flipper-parts
Looks like someone has replaced them with classic stern assemblies before (plus the plunger, link, and pawl).

awesome!

Which coil should I go with from the drop down here? none seem to match gauge and windings

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2411

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I used early Stern parts for my Andromeda and SharpShooterII. No issues. I am pretty sure they are the pre-1980 CCM/Stern parts which has the base sit flush with the playfield. This means you need the shorter bushing and flipper shaft. But if you buy all new mechs then it doesn't matter.
I scanned and made my own drop target decals for my SS2. They don't look bad. I will email the file to whomever wants it. I just printed them on sticker paper. Copied and pasted so I had an entire sheet of them. When they eventually wear out just rip off the old ones and slap on the new ones.

What coils did you use?

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

They are the older flush stern style. Coils were stock and say 21-50008b
If you are going to buy new mechs. I would do the Williams conversion.

Wpc era? Which coils?

#171 6 years ago

thanks for all the help. I opted to go for the classic stern swap. I will update how it goes once they arrive.

If anyone has 2 Andromeda drop targets, please let me know how much you want for them. I would love to try and be original on those rather than do the DE modification.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Pinpilot, those plastics look to be real nice. It would be great to get a set of protectors made for Andromeda. Would you be willing to scan (600dpi) the bottom side of the plastics and send me the scans so I can get them made?

Seal, I am tearing my game down and would be able to scan all my plastics when i have the game apart if needed.

Would be great to get a set of plastic protectors made.

LMK.

#174 6 years ago

all my plastics are 100% intact. Some minor black missing from a few screw heads but that is easy to clean up.

Do you want me to just scan the entire set for you.

Then you make up the protectors for us. If you make an extra bat plastic I would be happy to have one of those also. Ill pay cost for my set.

Please instruct specifics of scanning that you need. I would likely head over to the local kinkos unless I need something better?

#177 6 years ago

sounds good. I will grab scans when tearing the game apart to clean.

I will ping you for your email once ready.

#178 6 years ago

good call on the drops. I will do the DE thing I guess. I just need to find a bullseye sticker to put on them.

anyone tried to dye them red before?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-dye-posts-and-inserts-when-the-color-is-unobtainium

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

These stickers are the ones sold on ebay.

are the stickers from ebay too thick or do they cause any issues on drops sticking?

#182 6 years ago

also, Seal

Did you figure out a way to replace the single tombstone drop on Andromeda? Suitable replacement? just just it down to size?

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

On another note, I'm guilty of not ranking or writing a review of this game. I see it needs maybe 3 more votes, maybe some of you Sharpshooter folk could post up some numbers and show this pin some love.

I think it would be nice to get this thread retitled to remove the sharpshooter from it, assuming this is the larger gameplan thread?

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, it's misleading.
You should trade me your Andromeda for my Sharpshooter so you'll feel better about it.

lol. that is funny. I got Andromeda to flipping stage last night and WOW, what a game!!!!

I have 1 switch error (top left roll over lane) I cant seem to figure out, but got to at least play a few games before I completely tear it apart! I can say 100% that I will never sell it. It really is an amazing game and so happy to finally have one. I lokked back and I have been hunting it since March 2013 so 4.5 years to find this one. I really needed this also! I had gotten burned and sniped on a few games recently and it was starting to feel defeating to be hunting the ISO list. Getting this one has completely amped me up!!!!

I cant wait to get it at 100% and playing crisp! I started trying LEDs last night and it is going to look AMAZING once done!

I think my plan is to rebuild everything in time for Mad Rollin Charity event. Then after that I may tear it all apart and clear the pf.

2 weeks later
#192 6 years ago

Can anyone please confirm for me...

Do your standup targets have foam behind them?

Does not appear to have been stock on Andromeda or other GP games.

#194 6 years ago

thanks

#195 6 years ago

my game just blew magic smoke.

looks like Andromeda is now Dead.

Honestly I have no idea on where to even start with this since I cant find an Andromeda schematic online and the GP documentation is pretty bad it seems.

Can a resistor just go bad? The one from pin7 on J5 went poof.
any idea how to read the banding and figure out what is the correct replacement to order?

I did notice that when turning on the game, the center of the top pop bumpers would always fire for a split second. Now it is full locked on.

P9100526 (resized).JPGP9100526 (resized).JPG

#196 6 years ago

safe to assume that is supposed to be the same resistors in the rest of that row, 100ohm resistor?

brown, black, brown, gold ?

Can someone else verify please on your MPU

#198 6 years ago

I located an Echo Lakes GP MPU that was previously in a sharpshooter. I am unable to get a reply from Jim today and curious if it may work in Andromeda with a ROM swap or?

I know others have said they need to be reprogrammed but my buddy had it in a Lizard after his sharpshooter and no problem running both of those apparently?

4 weeks later
#203 6 years ago
Quoted from SchertzPinball:

I started a Facebook group: Game Plan Pinball. The discussions might be easier to follow in a smaller setting. See you there.
Jason

Link?

5 months later
#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Im not in this club, but I hope to be someday with a Cyclopes Subscribing to watch the fun!

Get an Andromeda Much better game!

9 months later
#288 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Also added resistors to the lamp board (like I do with bally/stern games) to remove led flicker.

if you felt like documenting this with a tutorial, it would be awesome!

also, package arrived today and THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 months later
#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I figured I should make a note in this thread as well since I posted it in the Pinfest thread already. Cyclopes is almost ready to go to a new loving home.
[quoted image]

looking good!

how much?

(and yes, you will regret this )

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I hope not but it's sold and sounds like it's going to a good home. While not as rare, Radical was my grail and got one. I'm good for the moment.

congrats.

Radical is a great game also!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 19.98
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-owners-club-sharpshooters-welcome?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.